PDA

View Full Version : Harrison returns to Patriots

Gunzlingr
10-04-2007, 09:41 AM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Safety Rodney Harrison has returned to a New England team that didn't miss a beat without him.
Harrison was suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, reportedly by using human growth hormone.
In his absence, the Patriots went undefeated, winning each game by at least three touchdowns.
"Preparation, all the hard work they put in in the offseason during minicamps, training camp, it's really paid off," Harrison said Wednesday before practicing for the first time since late August. "I'm just looking forward to adding to this team and being a part of it again."
That could be this week, but on Wednesday coach Bill Belichick would not say if Harrison would play Sunday against the Browns, who are coached by former Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel.
"Whatever (Belichick) decides," Harrison said. "If he wants me out there, I'll be ready. If he doesn't, then that's on him. I'm always ready to play football."
When the NFL announced his suspension on Aug. 31, Harrison admitted to using a "banned substance" for the purpose of "accelerating the healing process" while recovering from injuries.
On Wednesday, Harrison wouldn't elaborate on that explanation.

More... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/04/bc.fbn.patriots.harrison.ap/index.html)

OpIv37
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
great- just what the Patriots need: another dirty cheap shot artist.