X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Jets safety Coleman suffered concussion; status for Giants game uncertain

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Jets starting safety Erik Coleman has a concussion and his availability for New York's game against the New York Giants on Sunday is uncertain.

Coleman

"We'll evaluate it as we go," coach Eric Mangini said Thursday. "We take concussions extremely seriously. He'll be out for practice today and we'll see how it goes through the rest of the week."

Coleman was injured during the Jets' 17-14 loss at Buffalo last Sunday, but didn't show symptoms of a concussion until after the game.

"Any time a player has an issue, we always go through that protocol," Mangini said. "This was something that actually developed after the game in terms of the symptoms and things like that."

Mangini added that Coleman told the team Monday he was having discomfort. Coleman was listed as out for practice on Wednesday with a head injury, but was it was changed to a concussion Thursday as the result of, as Mangini termed it, "a clerical oversight."

Coleman, who was not in the locker room during media availability, has started the Jets' first four games and leads the team with 35 tackles. If Coleman can't go Sunday, Eric Smith would likely get the start, with Rashad Washington and Abram Elam filling in.

More...
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jets safety Coleman suffered concussion; status for Giants game uncertain

I can't recall the play where this may have happened.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dont drink the water
      • Oct 2005

I think it was after he was banging his head on wall after allowing a catch.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
        X