PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hargrove

Devin
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of his, and think hes a talented backup. Potentially a solid starter one day if in the right situation.......

But why is it anyone would think he is going to come in and blow the doors off whoever we are facing?

Apart from being a capable body on the DL to backup our starters.......

well anyway.....thoughts?

hydro
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Because people need something to get excited about :idunno:

The Answer
10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of his, and think hes a talented backup. Potentially a solid starter one day if in the right situation.......

But why is it anyone would think he is going to come in and blow the doors off whoever we are facing?

Apart from being a capable body on the DL to backup our starters.......

well anyway.....thoughts?

Don't think anybody is expecting him to come in and get 3 sacks against the cowboys, but he's a spark - and a fresh body to help Schobel/Kelsay.

Also you have to figure he just wants to get out there and hit somebody since he hasn't even been able to practice during his suspension.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Opposing lines will now have to contend with him & Aaron, not just Aaron. It's a factor when you have multiple people to watch that have a motor and that can create havoc.

With anyluck the boys hang on the schobel while Hargrove hangs onto Romo. (does that rhyme, lol??)

circlethewagons
10-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Having hargrove on the field is not going to make our team magically better, but our defensive scheme depends on the rotation of DL in order to play "fresh" Plus After watching Ryan neil play, you realize how much you miss the depth at DE.

justasportsfan
10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't think he's anything special but he gives our DE quality relief. Somehow our coaches feel a tired Kelsay or Schobel is better than a well rested Neil or Powell. Remember Kelsay + Denney was so much better than Kelsay and whoever we have now. Hargrove shoul;d be more familiar with his teammates.

Our DE's are small and it takes a whole lot out of them to try and overpower blockers and chase the ball down .

evol4276
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
he gives our d a little emotional spark with his leadership. he is always an excited guy and i think will help keep morale up against the Cowboys. If he plays like he did in the preseason, even better.

Yasgur's Farm
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
1) He's been a sparkplug in the past.
2) He had a great preseason.
3) We've been short at every D position this season except DT.
4) If he lines up in Schobel's spot and Schobel lines up at edge LB... We add about 60 pounds to that side of the line.

Meathead
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
well hes no trent edwards

casdhf
10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
He's gotta be better than the long snapper or Jefferson.

TigerJ
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I can't say that I'm giddy at the prospect of Hargrove being available, but the Bills have been thin at defensive end with both Ryan Denney and Hargrove being unavailable. Schobel and Kelsay have had to spend a lot of time on the field, especially in the first three games where time of possession was lop sidedly in favor of the enemy team. Schobel is under 250 lbs. He weighs less than I do. Wrestling with 300 lb offensive tackles all game long has to wear him down. Getting Hargrove back should make Schobel and Kelsay more effective. Any tackles for a loss that Hargrove can notch would be a bonus.