PDA

View Full Version : Gambling site picks Bills to beat Cowboys

The Answer
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
http://walterfootball.com/picks.php

Dallas Cowboys (4-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-3)
Line: Cowboys by 10. Total: 44.5.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4): Cowboys -7.
Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4): Cowboys -7.
Monday, 8:30 ET - Buy Tickets

The Game. Edge: Cowboys.
Injuries: COWBOYS: OUT: WR Terry Glenn, NT Jason Ferguson, DT Tank Johnson. BILLS: OUT: QB J.P. Losman, TE Kevin Everett, DE Anthony Hargrove, DE Ryan Denney, LB Paul Posluszny, LB Keith Ellison, CB Jason Webster.

Look, there's no point in breaking this game down in terms of matchups. I'm not going to waste anyone's time here, because it's clear that the Cowboys are the better team. Let's look at this contest another way.

Monday Madness: I can't remember the last time the Bills hosted a Monday Night Football game, can you? I can't even remember the last time Buffalo was featured on Monday night. I had to ask my future brother-in-law, Brad, an avid Bills fan, and he couldn't even remember. So, I had to look it up: This is the first Monday Night Football game in Orchard Park since... 1994! I can't believe it's been 13 years! I would have thought Al Michaels called a game where Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson hosted another team. Guess not.

Why is this important? The crowd will be absolutely nuts in a very emotional contest for the Bills. Even though Buffalo doesn't have postseason aspirations, this is as close to a must-win the team will have the entire year; they won't want to disappoint their hungry fans.

There is actual precedent for this. In 2004, the Bengals, who were off to a 1-4 start, were hosting a Monday night battle for the first time since the early 90s. They were playing the Broncos as seven-point home underdogs. One of the local newspapers ran a headline reading, "Please Don't Embarrass Us." No one gave the Bengals a chance. Yet, they pulled off an improbable upset, triumphing 23-10.

"The Cowboys Are Going to Rip 'Em:" I asked my friend Chris to give me his first impression of this game. He said, "The Cowboys are going to rip 'em." Later, when I talked to my dad about this matchup, he predicted a blowout in Dallas' favor. When I told him I was considering the Bills as a big play, he looked at me as if I belonged in a mental institution.

This is my October Pick of the Month. Betting football is all about finding spots, and this happens to be a great one for Buffalo.

more (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

Prediction: Bills 24, Cowboys 14
Bills +10 (8 Units - October Pick of the Month)
Under 44.5 (1 Unit)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
~The Answer

***edited published lentgth of article copy right violation ~Bufftp<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Mitchy moo
10-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I like this gambling guy, he makes alot of sense.

B-DON
10-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I like this gambling guy, he makes alot of sense.

Shocking

BlueStar '71
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
http://walterfootball.com/picks.php

Dallas Cowboys (4-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-3)
Line: Cowboys by 10. Total: 44.5.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4): Cowboys -7.
Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4): Cowboys -7.
Monday, 8:30 ET - Buy Tickets

This is my October Pick of the Month. Betting football is all about finding spots, and this happens to be a great one for Buffalo.

more (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/--------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

Prediction: Bills 24, Cowboys 14
Bills +10 (8 Units - October Pick of the Month)
Under 44.5 (1 Unit)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
~The Answer

***edited published lentgth of article copy right violation ~Bufftp<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
So not a hard football analysis or breakdown, just a touchy, feely, use-the-force kind of pick. Using the power of hope to send out good vibes so that they are picked up on by the Bills players and they will be transformed into football gods and ....,uh no. It will not be close.

The Bills are banged up on defense. This is not a good place to be. The 'Boys offense is dynamic with a huge, physical O-line. And if the play breaks down it isn't necessarily a good thing for the Bills D. That means Romo and Co gets to adlib. They are pretty good at that.

The other thing that doesn't bode well for the Bills is the QB situation. A guy with only a few starts against a Phillips 3/4. D-Ware and crew will be relentless after the run is stuffed.

It could get ugly.

'Boys 41 Bills 17

LtFinFan66
10-04-2007, 08:18 PM
That guy will lose his job if he is advising betters. Just my opinion. I rewatched "Two For the Money" the other night

tat2dmike77
10-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I feel dumber for reading this thread

Dcowboys#1
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
wow, holding us to 14 points!!!!!

SHOCKER!!! hahhahahahha

thats funny as heck!!!

Dallas should win this game though, i wouldnt bet on this...........

its gonna be exciting, i cant wait!!!

MTBillsFan
10-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Mark "stink" Schlereth from ESPN also picked us !

deepslant
10-04-2007, 11:00 PM
So let me get this right, make as many bets as possible and take only 7 pts. because of a strong feeling. Ahhhh, no thanks.

jamze132
10-05-2007, 03:15 AM
It's not like Dallas has played anyone yet worth a crap. Although I will give them the fact that they are beating the crap out of teams that they are supposed to.

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Schlereth from ESPN as as well, he is 40-22 & has the best record as of week 4:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

mybills
10-05-2007, 07:04 AM
The other thing that doesn't bode well for the Bills is the QB situation. A guy with only a few starts against a Phillips 3/4.

The Bills have been playing against the 3/4 in all 4 games. It's not like they'll be surprised by it.

mybills
10-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Schlereth from ESPN as as well, he is 40-22 & has the best record as of week 4:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent
6 right 4 wrong? or 6 out of 8?

Mortensen is 10-4.