• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Kelly on Trent and JP

Trent vs. Cowboys
    "This is a huge game for Trent and I'm sure he knows it. It he plays a very good game and is very productive on Monday night this could be the start of a Trent Edwards career here in Buffalo. I'm excited to see it happen but nobody ever wants to see a player lose their job by injury."

If you thought JP wasn't on thin ice this just has to seal it. Obviously Jim is very well tied into the organization, and it just seems everyone is holding their breath and hoping.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kelly on Trent and JP

He's not going to lose his job due to injury. He's going to lose his job because he has been ineffective for about 22 of his 27 starts.

The injury was just the catalyst to start the change.

There would be no question to JP being the starting QB after he got healthy if he produced before the injury.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

you don't have to be a Jim Kelly or have ties to know the obvious.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I like thin ice, especially in Vodka & tonics. Can't beat it.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          you don't have to be a Jim Kelly or have ties to know the obvious.
          Nope
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            He's not going to lose his job due to injury. He's going to lose his job because he has been ineffective for about 22 of his 27 starts.
            Oomp der it is!
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Man, Kelly pretty much bought JP's bus ticket in that article. "Don't give up on JP in case we need him down the road"...ouch.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

The injury was just the catalyst to start the change.

There would be no question to JP being the starting QB after he got healthy if he produced before the injury.
                HOLY *****! TD said something I agree with!
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                  • Jan 2006

I dont post too much, but I do read a lot of posts. I try to read objectively and give everyone -- from the most positive to the most negative -- equal thought.

It's funny (in a dark comedy kind of way), that Edwards' possible emergence as the future QB is the first thing in a long time that has a lot of people upbeat and in agreement.

I think everyone is being cautious heading into the Dallas game, and are not automatically anointing him prior to. BUT...there is a strange, underlying sense of hope by everyone as related to TE.

Even folks like myself who really tried (and will continue to try if that's what it comes to) to like JP. I'd be lying to myself though, if I was not quietly rooting for TE to take over. There's something about him that makes me much more comfortable when watching our offense, including during the pre-season.

Anyway, it's nice to see people who never agree on anything to quietly begin to. If TE is the reason, then maybe there's something bigger than a win riding on this game. A more unified fan base.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I don't think too many fans in New England think it's unfortunate that Bledsoe lost his job after being injured.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                      I dont post too much, but I do read a lot of posts. I try to read objectively and give everyone -- from the most positive to the most negative -- equal thought.

It's funny (in a dark comedy kind of way), that Edwards' possible emergence as the future QB is the first thing in a long time that has a lot of people upbeat and in agreement.

I think everyone is being cautious heading into the Dallas game, and are not automatically anointing him prior to. BUT...there is a strange, underlying sense of hope by everyone as related to TE.

Even folks like myself who really tried (and will continue to try if that's what it comes to) to like JP. I'd be lying to myself though, if I was not quietly rooting for TE to take over. There's something about him that makes me much more comfortable when watching our offense, including during the pre-season.

Anyway, it's nice to see people who never agree on anything to quietly begin to. If TE is the reason, then maybe there's something bigger than a win riding on this game. A more unified fan base.
                      It's that quick decisive release.

I'll even go as far as saying that Losman might be the more athletic QB of the two. JP might even hav a stronger arm. But what coaching can't seem to teach Losman is how to quickly and effectively get rid of the football.

From what I've seen out of Edwards (pre season and regular) is that this kid evolves with the play on the field.

Losman seems to wait for it to open and in turn plays break down on him and bad things occur.

I think JP can be a damn good QB, he just might want to take a lesson or two from Edwards in order to find that zone.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

go rewatch game and then tell me for real what the new captain checkdown did to solidify a job here. its not JP vs trent. its coaching staff vs their own ineptitude. bills wrs and te's made 4 yard pass into something i just rewatched game

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                          go rewatch game and then tell me for real what the new captain checkdown did to solidify a job here. its not JP vs trent. its coaching staff vs their own ineptitude. bills wrs and te's made 4 yard pass into something i just rewatched game
                          Captian checkdown? It's called going through your progressions and if nothing is open, hit the underneath WR to gain some positive yardage. The idea is to put the ball in the hands of your play makers and let them do the work. Or he could always just sit in the pocket and hold the ball and take a sack. Sound familiar?
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            Captian checkdown? It's called going through your progressions and if nothing is open, hit the underneath WR to gain some positive yardage. The idea is to put the ball in the hands of your play makers and let them do the work. Or he could always just sit in the pocket and hold the ball and take a sack. Sound familiar?

watch it again if u have it taped i counted jets blitzed 3 times in 1st half. 1 sack

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

im not calling out trent im even moreso calling out coaches becuz our gameplan is a joke. and the jets ineptitude of sitting back. helped us lol with out lol 17 point explosion

Comment

Working...
                              X