PDA

View Full Version : Drury has GW goal, 2 assists in Rangers debut

Philagape
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
By IRA PODELL
AP Hockey Writer
Chris Drury brought his winning ways to Broadway on opening night.
Drury's first goal in a Rangers uniform snapped a third-period tie Thursday night and sparked a late scoring outburst that carried New York to a 5-2 victory over the Florida Panthers.
Signed this summer after helping the Buffalo Sabres eliminate the Rangers in the second round of last season's playoffs, Drury put in a rebound 8:46 into the third period to give New York a 3-2 lead and spark a spurt of three goals in a 4:16 span.
Petr Prucha, Ryan Callahan and Martin Straka also scored in the third period as the Rangers turned a 2-1 deficit into a rousing victory. Often-booed defenseman Marek Malik assisted on three of the final-period tallies, captain Jaromir Jagr set up two, as did Drury who had a helper on Straka's goal with 6:58 left that made it 5-2.

Nighthawk
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah, good thing we didn't sign him. [sarcasm]

Oh, by the way, Briere just scored 3 minutes into his first game.

hydro
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Just salt in the wound right there.

RockStar36
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Good job Chris

Billscusey
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Don't worry about it! We signed Vanek, and he is going to make an excellent Captain with his amazing leadership abilities.......won't he?.............won't he guys? : (

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I sense a trend for the entire hockey season :rolleyes:

hammerbillsfan
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
BTW, Briere scored the winner for the Flyers tonight.

Michael82
10-05-2007, 12:33 AM
That's just great! :ill:

Way to go, Regier! You piece of ****!!! :mad:

clumping platelets
10-05-2007, 12:45 AM
:mad:

qcsabresfan84
10-05-2007, 02:37 AM
hey, **** drury and **** briere. we all need to stay loyal to buffalo, not cry about our former players. yea they were great, but i'm pretty sure that everyone needs to get over it, i did. because if i remember, we never won a cup with those dudes, so if anyone else is excited about the actual buffalo sabres of 07-08, let's hear it!!!!

YardRat
10-05-2007, 04:31 AM
:oldskool:

Michael82
10-05-2007, 05:33 AM
:hi5:

Bufftp
10-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Who cares. I'm paying attention to :oldskool:

BlackMetalNinja
10-05-2007, 06:02 AM
I sense a trend for the entire hockey season :rolleyes:

What's that? The same few people masturbating over themselves in here everytime guys we didnt' sign do something good just to make themselves feel better and show how smart they are?

Yeah, I sense it'll happen to. God Forbid we talk about this year's team and what they do.

mchurchfie
10-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Those guys are history:down:, time for the 07-08 Sabres to kick some ass.:coocoo:

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:39 AM
hey, **** drury and **** briere. we all need to stay loyal to buffalo, not cry about our former players. yea they were great, but i'm pretty sure that everyone needs to get over it, i did. because if i remember, we never won a cup with those dudes, so if anyone else is excited about the actual buffalo sabres of 07-08, let's hear it!!!!

We never won a Cup with anyone, so I guess we've never had any great players.

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:41 AM

His second of the night

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:45 AM
What's that? The same few people masturbating over themselves in here everytime guys we didnt' sign do something good just to make themselves feel better and show how smart they are?

Yeah, I sense it'll happen to. God Forbid we talk about this year's team and what they do.

Get used to it.

And it doesn't make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Just makes the anger toward the stooges in the FO grow.

And the only thing this team can do worth getting excited about is going to at least the Stanley Cup finals.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 07:45 AM
What a bunch of cry babies. Can we make a global thread for everyone to cry in so the whole forum doesn't get ruined?

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:55 AM
What a bunch of cry babies. Can we make a global thread for everyone to cry in so the whole forum doesn't get ruined?

As I repeatedly tell Thurm, those who whine over whining are whiners too.

I think it was pretty obvious this thread would include crying, so you ruined it for yourself by coming in here.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
As I repeatedly tell Thurm, those who whine over whining are whiners too.

I think it was pretty obvious this thread would include crying, so you ruined it for yourself by coming in here.
I came into the thread to read about Drury but I should've known that a bunch of whiny Sabre fans would cry about this and start SCREAMING AT THE FRONT OFFICE even though the Sabres have yet to play one freakin' game this season.

But you're right, my bad. I should've known.

That is why I suggested we have a cry baby thread so that the whole forum doesn't get ruined during the season.

churchinski
10-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Don't worry about it! We signed Vanek, and he is going to make an excellent Captain with his amazing leadership abilities.......won't he?.............won't he guys? : (

yeah Vanek's a good player but he's is not a replacement for Drury and Breire

Are you aware that Vanek was on last year's team ?

It's not like the GM brought him in to offset the lost of Drury / Breire

We simply lost players and brought no one in.

churchinski
10-06-2007, 01:53 PM

This tops the list for illogical statements that are in vogue with the impressionable herd

So what sense does this statement make ?

The Sabres didn't win the cup , so they might have a better shot if they lop off two of their best players ?

It's hard to believe just how many kids I see getting roped into this incredibly mindless logic

By this 'logic' Ottawa might be a better team if they dumped Heatley and Alfredson because they haven't won a cup with them

Less is more !

LOL

It seems like you can tell people anything and they'll buy into it

Meathead
10-06-2007, 02:14 PM
someday i hope to end up in a bar late at night with darcy, fallen soldiers all over the table, and just ask him wtf were they thinking

did they really not want either of them thinking that they only had enough money to keep their younger stars in the making

or could they really have conducted probably the largest botch in buffalo sports mgmt history

then slap him

churchinski
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
someday i hope to end up in a bar late at night with darcy, fallen soldiers all over the table, and just ask him wtf were they thinking

did they really not want either of them thinking that they only had enough money to keep their younger stars in the making

or could they really have conducted probably the largest botch in buffalo sports mgmt history

then slap him

a direct result of letting larry quinn get involved in hockey decisions

churchinski
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM

how do they look right now

does it look like getting rid of your two best players improves the team

hell of a theory