Wade Phillips-what are your opinions on him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TunaFanForever
    • Oct 2007

Wade Phillips-what are your opinions on him?

When the Tuna stepped down last Feb, I was somewhat relieved(the game passed him by, although he did alot of good when it came to picking talent).

However-while I wasn't thrilled over Wade's hiring at the time, I was RELIEVED when Norv Turner was passed over(Wow-how can ANYONE ruin a talent-stacked team??). With that being said, I've been pleasantly surprised by Wade's philosophies and style of play, which has really been caught on by all the players.

Just curious-what are your opinions of him then and now?
  • Tony Romo
    • Sep 2007

Re: Wade Phillips-what are your opinions on him?

i like wade, but i guess you guys guessed as much.. also in regards to parcells.
    not using terrell owens name in my opinion very disrespectfull. and the worst way to handle things.
    -Tony Romo

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

bills probably shouldnt have let wade go in hindsight we still might be running a defensive scheme i could get excited about.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

he's a great DC but a lousy HC.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tony Romo
          • Sep 2007

he is looking prett good from where im standing..
          -Tony Romo

Comment

• churchinski
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TunaFanForever
            When the Tuna stepped down last Feb, I was somewhat relieved(the game passed him by, although he did alot of good when it came to picking talent).

However-while I wasn't thrilled over Wade's hiring at the time, I was RELIEVED when Norv Turner was passed over(Wow-how can ANYONE ruin a talent-stacked team??). With that being said, I've been pleasantly surprised by Wade's philosophies and style of play, which has really been caught on by all the players.

Just curious-what are your opinions of him then and now?
            wade has a good track record

I never had a doubt that he would do a good job in dallas

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
              Expert on Experts
              • Jul 2002

You get competitive teams with wade. I miss that.

Comment

• Tony Romo
                • Sep 2007

in his latest press conference he talks about being fired from the bills and stuff

-Tony Romo

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Personally ive always liked Wade, he never should have been allowed to leave here.

As much as I hate Dallas I figured hed do a fine job there, hes done well almost everywhere hes been.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

he was a good coach mon-sat, sunday... ah... he'll do things that will make you scratch your head.

What killed him in buffalo, was when he said the season was over with 4 games left, on national tv right before a game between the colts and bills. Neither team was mathmatically eliminated yet, but both basically had to win out, and be helped by an epic colapse or four to get in.

The colts went on to win the game (they crushed us), and won out the season, those epic colapses happened and the colts got into the playoffs. Had the bills won out, they would have made the playoffs instead.

That was the straw that broke the camels back here. to have your head coach give up on the season before it's done, inexcusable.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      he was a good coach mon-sat, sunday... ah... he'll do things that will make you scratch your head.

What killed him in buffalo, was when he said the season was over with 4 games left, on national tv right before a game between the colts and bills. Neither team was mathmatically eliminated yet, but both basically had to win out, and be helped by an epic colapse or four to get in.

The colts went on to win the game (they crushed us), and won out the season, those epic colapses happened and the colts got into the playoffs. Had the bills won out, they would have made the playoffs instead.

That was the straw that broke the camels back here. to have your head coach give up on the season before it's done, inexcusable.
                      I agree to a point...I think there were a lot of things going on behind the scene. I think RW got to the point of meddling just way to much and Butler, God rest him, purposely torpedoed the 2000 draft and WP looked for ways of getting fired. I truly think neither wanted to work for RW anymore yet didn't want to look bad by quitting.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Elminster
                        #1 Kelsay Fan
                        • Oct 2006

I have Wade pegged as a good coach. Not bad, not great, but good. Great defensive mind, but he needs top-level support to be truly successful, and I think Dallas gives him that. He will sometimes make some pretty poor decisions though...but not often.
                        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Wades a great defensive coordinator, and a decent head coach when things are going well. When things get tough, he ****s his pants and has difficulty handling the situation.

Wait until Dallas loses a couple of games, and TO starts whining about not getting the ball enough or calls out Romo.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

The only coach in Buffalo Bills History to never have a losing season.

Nuff said.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

I thought he was a pretty good coach. He really had a decent record. Also, the Buffalo media always portrays the Bills in a negative way, it is how they sell papers and get ratings, but the only real thing they could come up with was Wade not wearing a headset, kind of shows you that they were grasping for straws.

Comment

Working...
                              X