PDA

View Full Version : My slogan for this season is ....

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:49 AM
“It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.”

After every victory, I will say, “It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.”

If the Sabres score five goals a game, I will say, “It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.”

If the Sabres win 15 games in a row, I will say, “It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.”

If the Sabres clinch the top seed, I will say, “It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.”

Last year the Sabres had the most goals and most wins in the NHL, and it meant absolutely nothing. So much so that I refuse to believe it ever happened. It did not happen. Those numbers do not exist. They are dead to me.

Darcy Regier and Larry Quinn are spineless, incompetent, bumbling twits and will remain so until the Sabres make the Stanley Cup finals. Until the final horn sounds on the clinching victory in the Eastern Conference finals, they remain in the doghouse, and not one minute beforehand.

Until then, I will take no encouragement or excitement from this team. Sure, they’ll be fun to watch, but even as I cheer goals and victories, this thought will be in the back of my mind: “They did that last year too.” :sigh:

I will get excited for the first time this season when whoever the captain is skates up to the Prince of Wales Trophy. (And if he’s a real captain, he won’t accept it.)

Not. One. Minute. Beforehand.

It Doesn’t Matter Until the Playoffs.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
See ya in April buddy.

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:56 AM
See ya in April buddy.

Screw April. I want June.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I thought it was "It Doesn't Matter Until The Playoffs"?

Now it's "It Doesn't Matter Until The Stanley Cup"?

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
They did make the cup finals under Reiger. Just for clarity sakes.

Calling Reiger incompetent is abit of an overstatement, imo.

BTW, will you also say the same if they lose 5 games in a row?

Philagape
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I thought it was "It Doesn't Matter Until The Playoffs"?

Now it's "It Doesn't Matter Until The Stanley Cup"?

In a way, both are true. Different levels of significance.

What I was saying was, I won't get excited about the team winning unless it's in the playoffs.

But if they get bumped in the conference finals again, then playoffs don't matter either.

Philagape
10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
They did make the cup finals under Reiger. Just for clarity sakes.

BTW, will you also say the same if they lose 5 games in a row?

What's the point of saying it after a loss? I've always said the team will still make the playoffs.

They made the Cup finals in 99 for one reason: Hasek. Who preceded Regier. He inherited the bulk of that team. And I don't care how good of a team he builds if its Cup contention is prematurely cut short by his incompetence.

SkateZilla
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
"I would have been your daddy"

Philagape
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM

So you agree with spineless and bumbling, and with all three on Quinn :up:

SabreEleven
10-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I agree with Phil here. It has been hard for me to get fired up for the start of the season after the way last season ended and the moves or lack of in the off season. We can go 82 and 0 but it doesn't matter jack.

Dont' get me wrong. I still get CenterIce and will watch all 82 games. But none of it matters until April, June and July.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Like said before, I hope you guys hold true to that statement, but I doubt any of you will.

The minute they drop 3 of 4 on a road trip all hell is going to break loose.

SkateZilla
10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
We Made moves, they were in the wrong direction though...

Michael82
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
We Made moves, they were in the wrong direction though...
Exactly. It's a shame too, because this team was another move or two away from the Stanley Cup Finals. :sigh:

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
So you agree with spineless and bumbling, and with all three on Quinn :up:

Quinn?
Yes.

I never will understand why Reiger gets no credit for building this team. All of the good moves made were not luck.

SabreEleven
10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
The Scouting Staff USED to be one of the best in the NHL but it remains to be seen after the cuts last year. They are credited with drafting a lot of talent in the farm system.

RockStar36
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Exactly. It's a shame too, because this team was another move or two away from the Stanley Cup Finals. :sigh:

That is what everyone said after the Hurricanes series two years ago. "Oh if we were healthy we would've won that cup."

Then last year the team was healthy and got annhilated by Ottawa.

To say they moved backwards before they even play a game is ridiculous.