PDA

View Full Version : Madcow 97 & 99 banners replaced also at HSBC Arena

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
The Sabres will lift their first Presidents’ Trophy banner to the rafters, and it will be joined by a Northeast Division championship banner, the team’s first since 1997. (Two existing banners, honoring the ’97 division and ’99 Eastern Conference titlists, have been replaced with new models.)

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/177409.html

SabreEleven
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I've NEVER heard it called a Madcow. You just making **** up again?

Michael82
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Huh? Why would they replace the goathead? I understand that it's not the logo anymore, now we have a slug. But still, why would you replace the whole ****ing banner? Are we going to pretend the red and black didn't exist or something? That's lame! :down:

SabreEleven
10-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Exactly, Mikey. You won those banners, wearing those uniforms. You don't change the banners especially when you go to something uglier.

But the article just says a "new model". Doesn't exactly mean they'll change the logo on them.

Michael82
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Exactly, Mikey. You won those banners, wearing those uniforms. You don't change the banners especially when you go to something uglier.

But the article just says a "new model". Doesn't exactly mean they'll change the logo on them.
Exactly. I'll be there tonight and if they converted those banners into slugs, i'm going to raise a little hell. :mad: Hopefully they just cleaned them up or got new shiny ones... :up:

Dude
10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
It's just a banner. :idunno:

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 10:35 AM
It's just a banner. :idunno:

but it's also tradition and memories.... the team wasn't wearing the "new logo" when we went to the cup finals in 99, so why have the banner from that championship have this logo??? just because you change your logo doesn't mean that you change them on the past years banners... it's just not right!

Dude
10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Where does it say they are definitely changing the logo on the banner? That's only speculation.

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Where does it say they are definitely changing the logo on the banner? That's only speculation.

exactly, if they do change the banners to the new logo there will be alot of angry fans.... lets hope they are just going to a new "style" of banner and not changing them.

JD
10-05-2007, 01:04 PM
If they change the banners I will be ****ing pissed. I have a jersey from 99 that i bought the season of the finals run. I won tickets through the buffalo news and attended Game 4. I will be exremely angry if they replace the banner with the ****ing slug.

Michael82
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
If they change the banners I will be ****ing pissed. I have a jersey from 99 that i bought the season of the finals run. I won tickets through the buffalo news and attended Game 4. I will be exremely angry if they replace the banner with the ****ing slug.
:bf1:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-05-2007, 05:58 PM
They are not changing the old ones, just the ones from 97 and 99. I heard it on WGR. They are going to be updated in Blue and Gold. Looks like the Sabres are trying to rid themselves of the white, black & red era think about it Hasek leaving, Peca sitting out for a whole season in a contract dispute, 4 straight seasons of not making the playoffs, and the big one the Adelphia scandal with the Rigas family and the biggest thing from the white,black, red era BANKRUPTCY.

SabreEleven
10-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Ok, but what logo are they going to use? They still shouldn't change it to B & G with those.

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
that 97 & 99 banners look the same.... their still back, red and white.....:dance: :dance:

Michael82
10-05-2007, 11:46 PM
yup, actually I like what they did. They updated the banners so they would match with the new slug banners and seeing how the President's trophy banner has a White background, they decided to get rid of the white banners from 97 and 99 and then updated them with the same font as the new one and made one of them black and the other red. They look pretty cool. :up: