X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

My thoughts on Monday Night

I've been doing alot of reading this week about this Monday's Nights game, including watching videos on BB.com and ready news reports.

First off, the GOOD:
    First Home MNF game in 13 years?? Thats awesome! The fans (including those of us watching from a Backers Bar) are excited!

It seems that the Bills players realize that this is an important game and are excited to play in it.

There is a huge Tailgate party in the Tundra lot (I think) that should be a ton of fun!

I'm excited to finally see the Bills get the limelight a little bit for a change!

Now on to why I am concerned:

Watching the videos of players talking about Monday night, I fear that they may come in a little too excited... moreso about playing on Monday night, than about playing a team that is going to present a challenge. This could lead to a big time first quarter, followed by 3 quarters of crappy play due to lack of focus.

Lots open at noonish? thats 8-9 hours of solid drinking before kickoff! I'm all for drinking, but I fear that by 9 PM, the fans will be exhausted, hungover, or throwing up in the bathrooms to be a loud enough presence to support out team.

I am also concerned that the Bills will flat out prove to the whole nation, that we are a bad football team, and that maybe football in Buffalo really isn't as important as we WNY'ers think it is.

I dunno, just things that have rattled around in my head this week.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: My thoughts on Monday Night

All valid concerns.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Looking bad on Monday night scares the heck out of me as well. Nobody cares how many injuries we have.

I think the last prime-time game was Sunday night against the Chiefs where TKO made it clear that his mouth was bigger than his talent. I believe we got roasted by 30 points.

Comment

• JDSmith
        • Oct 2007

I fully expect the Bills to ride their emotion for the first quarter or so, particularly on defense. The Cowboys offense starts slow every game, and the opposition is usually pretty energetic on D early on. There will probably be a lot of fist pumping and gyrating by the Bills players early in the game - there has been so far, even the Rams players were prancing around early. Generally the Cowboys O starts to come on in the second quarter and really ramps up in the second half.

But I question whether or not your QB will be just as excited. That's generally not a good thing. I think that's part of the reason the Cowboys start slow. Romo takes a little while to settle in. So for you playing a rookie on MNF, and facing a team that he's got to expect to score points - the Cowboys haven't scored under 34 in a game this season - I think it will be interesting to see how he responds. I watched the Jets game, and he looked pretty cool back there, but this is a bigger game and he's going to be facing a better pass rush. If he tries to force things early on it could get him into some trouble.

I also wonder how the crowd will respond if the Cowboys score a couple quick TDs. Liquor makes people emotional, and the crowd is going to have a long time to get lubricated before the game.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

I remember the last Sunday night game where Holcombs 7 yard pass to Moulds on 3rd and 12 sealed the deal and the Pats won. Can't believe we were so close to winning, with Holcomb at QB of all people.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Looking bad on Monday night scares the heck out of me as well. Nobody cares how many injuries we have.

I think the last prime-time game was Sunday night against the Chiefs where TKO made it clear that his mouth was bigger than his talent. I believe we got roasted by 30 points.
            I think it was the Broncos at Denver, with holcomb at the helm.
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
            X