• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Calling Josh Reed... now or never

Reed is in the 2nd year of a backloaded 4 year contract that makes him expensive to keep next year.

Since coming to Buffalo, Reed has had his ups and downs and he's never really lived up to his potential. He's been more consistent in recent years, but can't seem to take it to the next level.

Well, with Price out, it will open some opportunities for him. It's now or never. This is Reed's chance to shine and prove his worth. I really hope he makes the most of it.

Either way, it looks like we're in the market for one and maybe 2 (depending on Reed's performance) WR's in the off-season. Price's contract is also heavily backloaded and I don't think we'll see him in a Bills uni again, unless he restructures for a serious pay cut.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Calling Josh Reed... now or never

I agree that Price is most likely done as a Bill.

I'm also looking forward to Reed and seeing what he can do now. I've been down on him for the most part since his rookie year but so far this year I've liked what I've seen when he gets the chance so now I'd like to see him make the most of it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

I hope Josh steps up!!

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

We've been in need of WRs for two years now
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Antonio Bryant anybody?

~The Answer

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

I dont knwo about anyone else, but Ive seen Reed make bigger plays than Price over the past two years, minus the TD at Houston, I think Reed is better over the middle and will actually get catches consistantly instead of a couple every other game like Price.

Reed is a tough SOB and he's a poor mans Hinds Ward, we need to get him the ball and let him power his way tot he second level.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
              I dont knwo about anyone else, but Ive seen Reed make bigger plays than Price over the past two years, minus the TD at Houston, I think Reed is better over the middle and will actually get catches consistantly instead of a couple every other game like Price.

Reed is a tough SOB and he's a poor mans Hinds Ward, we need to get him the ball and let him power his way tot he second level.
              I've never been a big fan of Reed but I'll admit he's been better than Price.

BTW Price hasn't been on our team for two years- he re-joined before 06 so this is his 2nd year back.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I've never been a big fan of Reed but I'll admit he's been better than Price.

BTW Price hasn't been on our team for two years- he re-joined before 06 so this is his 2nd year back.
                Right, i meant this year plus last year, so year and a month or so.

But you can argue Reed put up better stats than Price is the past 5 years when price was on different teams. haha

Comment

• historypete
                  • Feb 2005

I think Reed will do okay. He can't be any worse than Price was catching that 1 ball a game.

The one thing I like about Reed is that he will make the tough catch over the middle. Although he is not fast, he seems to be quick and very difficult to cover on those crossing patterns. I would hope Fairchild still lines him up in the slot when they go 3 wide, and let Roscoe use his speed on the outside to get separation. This is a huge opportunity for both of them, and they better grab this chance. The question is who do we use as the 4th WR? Aiken? He hasn't shown anything in his limited opportunities. Who is available in Free Agency, I don't even know. I just hope this isn't an excuse to cut back the playbook, and start going back to 2TE offense more because last week showed what this offense can do when they decide to spread things out.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Gutless is a seperate issue, as he lines up as the wide #2.

Reed is always a #3 in the slot. Plus his blocking is exceptional. I'm suprised I've seen Parrish wide, considering he could get killed with one hit.

Reed is open short quite often and Edwards showed the quick reads to him and Evans last Sunday. Always a good thing.

We need a true #2 to put next to Evans and Reed/Parrish.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by historypete
                      I think Reed will do okay. He can't be any worse than Price was catching that 1 ball a game.

The one thing I like about Reed is that he will make the tough catch over the middle. Although he is not fast, he seems to be quick and very difficult to cover on those crossing patterns. I would hope Fairchild still lines him up in the slot when they go 3 wide, and let Roscoe use his speed on the outside to get separation. This is a huge opportunity for both of them, and they better grab this chance. The question is who do we use as the 4th WR? Aiken? He hasn't shown anything in his limited opportunities. Who is available in Free Agency, I don't even know. I just hope this isn't an excuse to cut back the playbook, and start going back to 2TE offense more because last week showed what this offense can do when they decide to spread things out.
                      A two- TE offense doesn't have to be conservative if there is at least one TE who can run routes and catch, but we don't have that.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

If anything the wrs and the TE are gonna be more important to the passing game because we have Evans + 2 slot recievers (parrish and Reed) where the better teams can easily account for.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

This thread should actually be... calling Roscoe Parrish...

Reed is most likely staying in the slot with Parrish moving outside. Reed is very effective lining up in the slot (especially on 3rd downs) and won't be moved out of there too much.

This is Parrish's time to shine. I hope he's up to it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                            This thread should actually be... calling Roscoe Parrish...

Reed is most likely staying in the slot with Parrish moving outside. Reed is very effective lining up in the slot (especially on 3rd downs) and won't be moved out of there too much.

This is Parrish's time to shine. I hope he's up to it.
                            I agree 100%
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:56 PM ET | Link

IMPACT OF PRICE INJURY: The loss of Peerless Price for the season certainly strips the receiving corps of some valuable experience, but Roscoe Parrish has been steadily emerging as a more consistent weapon in the passing game. Still the staff remains concerned about using Parrish too much knowing he's not the biggest receiver in the world. I don't know that they have a choice now. They need Parrish out there more often now to make plays on the outside. Josh Reed will likely be the full time slot receiver with Parrish out wide more. In four wide sets Sam Aiken I believe will be the other outside wideout and Parrish will be back in the slot on one side with Reed on the other. We see what kind of difference it makes. ---
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X