AAAARRRGGHHH! Drury and Briere ~So What!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

AAAARRRGGHHH! Drury and Briere ~So What!

OK who cares about the two former Sabres. I am focused on the SABRES!
    I believe tonight is the start of another great season! I for one am not going to waste energy on what two former Sabres do this year, bottom line is they never brought home the cup while here. I am rooting for the guys who have a shot at brining it home!

GO SABRES!
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: AAAARRRGGHHH! Drury and Briere ~So What!

Originally posted by Bufftp
    bottom line is they never brought home the cup while here.
    Should the Bills have dumped Kelly and Bruce after the first 2 Super Bowls?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I believe tonight is the start of another great season! I for one am not going to waste energy on what two former Sabres do this year, bottom line is they never brought home the cup while here. I am rooting for the guys who have a shot at brining it home!

GO SABRES!
      1. We couldn't do it with them and they continue to perform for other teams, and now we're suppsoed to do it without them with no significant additions? Please tell me you see the logical fallacy there, otherwise there is no point in continuing this discussion.

2. We had a shot at keeping at least one of them, and now instead of helping us, they're helping other teams. That's why you should care- what they're doing still affects the Sabres, only now it affects them negatively instead of positively.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

GO SABRES!

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The cry babys are out in full force.
          Yeah, we kept Bruce and Jimbo, just to lose two more.
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Answer the question.

And the bigger question is, were the players in both cases part of the problem or part of the solution?

Another: Is two seasons enough to judge whether anyone will ever win a championship? Good thing Manning and Elway and Yzerman's teams didn't think like that.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

by the way Drury and Briere are NO Jim and Bruce!!!! Jim and Bruce are HOFers.. I highly doubt either Drury or Briere make the hall.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

The cry babys are out in full force.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

to Bufftp and Thurm

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

ah, just like the BZ- lose an argument to someone who's not a homer, and accuse them of being a crybaby. Way to be mature and encourage debate.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

You know Op, the point is the Sabres as currrently constituted is playing.
                      We believe it will be a good team with potential.
                      We also believe that crying about Briere and Drury and what they do on their new teams is wasted energy, and well just foolish.
                      Do what you want. If rooting for our current team over weeping about a coupleof ex sabres makes us homers, than I am proud to be a homer.

Of course the incessant, non stop, woe is us, look how bad we are, yad yada yada yada negativity, is both mature and interesting reading.
                      Photobucket

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

to rock, bufftp and thurm
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

You know Op, the point is the Sabres as currrently constituted is playing.
                          We believe it will be a good team with potential.
                          We also believe that crying about Briere and Drury and what they do on their new teams is wasted energy, and well just foolish.
                          Do what you want. If rooting for our current team over weeping about a coupleof ex sabres makes us homers, than I am proud to be a homer.

Of course the incessant, non stop, woe is us, look how bad we are, yad yada yada yada negativity, is both mature and interesting reading.
                          yeah, go back and see the last time I posted anything about this- it's been months, and the new one was in response to NEW news on the subject (Drury and Briere's performances last night). Just because you say it's incessant doesn't make it so.

If you're rooting for your team, you should be concerned about moves that don't help them win, like losing Briere and Drury. This "We got worse- oh well" deal makes no sense if you're truly rooting for the team.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            ah, just like the BZ- lose an argument to someone who's not a homer, and accuse them of being a crybaby.
                            Homers don't lose arguments because they don't even argue. Nothing's an issue to them. Not a care in the world. Rah-rah-rah all the time.

More power to them. I'll never tell a homer to stop being a homer. I'll even buy them pom-poms.

But what's foolish is when homers try to engage in serious discussion, because their opinions are unquestionably determined by their biases. They need to just stick to cheerleading, because that's their place. If they don't like what the rest of us have to say, then they can either ignore it or have no one to blame but themselves for their irritation.
                            What's foolish is people who care more about crybabies' whining than what the team does. They say our whining changes nothing, but it's the whining where they direct their attention! If whining doesn't matter, when why care? Why post in crying threads? Why even respond, when you have two polar opposite points of view that will never be compatible? Why waste their time and ours?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              Homers don't lose arguments because they don't even argue. Nothing's an issue to them. Not a care in the world. Rah-rah-rah all the time.

More power to them. I'll never tell a homer to stop being a homer. I'll even buy them pom-poms.

But what's foolish is when homers try to engage in serious discussion, because their opinions are unquestionably determined by their biases. They need to just stick to cheerleading, because that's their place. If they don't like what the rest of us have to say, then they can either ignore it or have no one to blame but themselves for their irritation.
                              What's foolish is people who care more about crybabies' whining than what the team does. They say our whining changes nothing, but it's the whining where they direct their attention! If whining doesn't matter, when why care? Why post in crying threads? Why even respond, when you have two polar opposite points of view that will never be compatible? Why waste their time and ours?
                              For the record I have 0 argument with you and agree 100% that the team should have kept at least one if not both players and the fact that their loss will hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X