View Full Version : Regardless of bad luck, injuries fall on the front office.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but in the real world you create your own luck. The best managers realize that.

Bringing on a has-been to be your #2 receiver gets you this result. Having a 165 pound #3 receiver "used sparingly" because of his frialty is a joke.

Everett should have never made the roster but you can suck and make this team. Ralph doesn't want to spend and this is what you get. We are 31st in spending so this is the kind of injuries you should expect.

Anybody who has played sports knows the crappier the team you play on the more likely you have a shot at getting injured. I never got hurt playing on good teams but got mauled on bad ones.

billsburgh
10-05-2007, 02:06 PM
:spam: you cant possibly blame injuries on the front office.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
:spam: you cant possibly blame injuries on the front office.

Sure can.

SquishDaFish
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads this season and needs to be moved to SPAM

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads this season and needs to be moved to SPAM

If I sign LeCharles Bentley to a big contract and he never see's the field do I get a free "win" for that?

Picking the right players is just as much a part of the game as anything else in life.

Do you realize that Spikes achilles was injured before he signed with the Bills?

raphael120
10-05-2007, 02:29 PM
If I sign LeCharles Bentley to a big contract and he never see's the field do I get a free "win" for that?

Picking the right players is just as much a part of the game as anything else in life.

Do you realize that Spikes achilles was injured before he signed with the Bills?

HHURRICANE has a point.

You're players don't know how to play through proper technique, or isn't aware enough to know wher enot to be, or to be just carelessly throwing their bodies around the field. Especially defense...when you get big O-linemen barreling down at a LB, the LB is going to pay. Our defense was on the field way too long.

And it doesnt help that Marv has signed numerous injury prone players, Webster and Al Wilson to name a few, and what do you know, theyre injured. Undersized safety Jim Leonard, injured...undersized Youboty...injured. Jason Whittle, injury prone. Injured.

Even the two guys we brought in because of our injuries are injury prone!

You get what you pay for, we've paid crap, and we've in turn, gotten crap.

justasportsfan
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
lets blame 911 on Marv as well. Why not?

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
lets blame 911 on Marv as well. Why not?

If you want to ignore the reasoning behind the thread than you just blindly put your Bills jersey on and start drinking now. Enjoy Monday Night.

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 02:36 PM
HHURRICANE has a point.

You're players don't know how to play through proper technique, or isn't aware enough to know wher enot to be, or to be just carelessly throwing their bodies around the field. Especially defense...when you get big O-linemen barreling down at a LB, the LB is going to pay. Our defense was on the field way too long.

And it doesnt help that Marv has signed numerous injury prone players, Webster and Al Wilson to name a few, and what do you know, theyre injured. Undersized safety Jim Leonard, injured...undersized Youboty...injured. Jason Whittle, injury prone. Injured.

Even the two guys we brought in because of our injuries are injury prone!

You get what you pay for, we've paid crap, and we've in turn, gotten crap.

These guys are playing a very fast hard hitting sport, it's not like their playing badminton or something. Injuries are normally a mix of bad luck and poor conditioning.

justasportsfan
10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
If you want to ignore the reasoning behind the thread than you just blindly put your Bills jersey on and start drinking now. Enjoy Monday Night.
yeah JP's injury was Marvs fault too. what about POZ, we should've neve drafted him. It was a mistake.

Polian is an idot for bringing in Harrison because Harrison is injured. Give me a break. This is a stupud thread.

Your Spikes theory in another dump post. Not backed up by any facts other than your opinion.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
yeah JP's injury was Marvs fault too. what about POZ, we should've neve drafted him. It was a mistake.

Polian is an idot for bringing in Harrison because Harrison is injured. Give me a break. This is a stupud thread.

Your Spikes theory in another dump post. Not backed up by any facts other than your opinion.

I'm going to "dumb" this down for you.

Injuries are part of the game. Certainly it's not Marv's fault that POZ or JP got hurt, or for that matter, anybody else on the roster.

But the players we put on the field is the sole responsibility of the front office and the coaching staff they hire.

Coy Wire is undersized and he got hurt. Not shocking. Nor is it shocking that a rookie LB starting and learning his position got hurt.

If I buy a car and it turns out to be a "lemon" I'm ultimately responsible. PERIOD. I can ***** and moan and say I had "bad luck" but that's what I chose. This is what the front office chose. We have a ton of undersized guys on our D and players, or players around them, are getting hurt.

Peerless Price isn't Terrell Owens. I'm not shocked he's hurt and done for the year. What has he done in his career that would expect me to believe that he wouldn't disappoint us?

Big M
10-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Great logic. Can you filter a rational thought before starting one dumb thread after another ?

Bulldog
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Honestly, some of you people really need to get a life. Injuries are a part of the game, deal with it.

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm going to "dumb" this down for you.

Injuries are part of the game. Certainly it's not Marv's fault that POZ or JP got hurt, or for that matter, anybody else on the roster.

But the players we put on the field is the sole responsibility of the front office and the coaching staff they hire.

Coy Wire is undersized and he got hurt. Not shocking. Nor is it shocking that a rookie LB starting and learning his position got hurt.

If I buy a car and it turns out to be a "lemon" I'm ultimately responsible. PERIOD. I can ***** and moan and say I had "bad luck" but that's what I chose. This is what the front office chose. We have a ton of undersized guys on our D and players, or players around them, are getting hurt.

Peerless Price isn't Terrell Owens. I'm not shocked he's hurt and done for the year. What has he done in his career that would expect me to believe that he wouldn't disappoint us?

The fundemental flaw with your hypothesis is that this D calls for faster guys that can move to a spot quickly. If anything these guys should be more agile / nimble and be able to avoid many situations of questionable contact.

Bulldog
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
The fundemental flaw with your hypothesis is that this D calls for faster guys that can move to a spot quickly. If anything these guys should be more agile / nimble and be able to avoid many situations of questionable contact.

The fundemental flaw with his theory is that it sucked from the get go.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
You guys are funny. Regardless of the injuries you will still be *****ing about the losing record and the team we fielded.

That's what's so wrong with this whole team. "It's not our fault that we suck."

That's called a loser mentality.

Bulldog
10-05-2007, 03:12 PM
You guys are funny. Regardless of the injuries you will still be *****ing about the losing record and the team we fielded.

That's what's so wrong with this whole team. "It's not our fault that we suck."

That's called a loser mentality.

You're one of those people in life that feels a need to find somebody to blame for every single thing that occurs. The game a football is a physical sport, injuries happen all the time. Get over it. If you want to fault the front office for anything, blame them for having a bunch of inexperienced players behind the starters. Thats reasonable. But the premesis of this thread is just plain idiotic.

trapezeus
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
i feel like HH is just a week ahead of schedule. we're all very excited with the jets win and the hope it represents. we all know that this season takes a huge turn should the bills win. however, if they lose, HH's comments will probably be backed by a lot of fans on this board.

Personally,i can see the bills losing on Monday night in grotesque fashion, but i am preparing my victory dance and tuesday morning walk of confidence into the office now regardless.

Buffalo NY and its sports has turned into the lottery. you can't expect a beautifully executed plan. You can't expect the city or teams to rebuild with logic and fantastic investments. You can only hope for the one time anamoly and grandslam with the bases loaded. you just have to hope on the dream that it works out in the end in a magical, predetermined kind of way. I've been doing this for almost 30 years. sooner or later, i got to catch the break.

Perhaps next week i'll be back at hating the bills, but for one week, it feels really nice to think this team is going somewhere.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
You're one of those people in life that feels a need to find somebody to blame for every single thing that occurs.

If you want to fault the front office for anything, blame them for having a bunch of inexperienced players behind the starters. Thats reasonable. But the premesis of this thread is just plain idiotic.

If I make bad decisions than people I employ are out of work. It's not about "blame" it's about being "accountable."

To your second point, I'm upset that we have the lowest payroll in the NFL and that we are supposed to give a free pass based on the injuries.

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Perhaps next week i'll be back at hating the bills, but for one week, it feels really nice to think this team is going somewhere.

Some would try to take that away from you but not me, Let's enjoy our optimistic outlook!!

:bandwagon

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
If I make bad decisions than people I employ are out of work. It's not about "blame" it's about being "accountable."

To your second point, I'm upset that we have the lowest payroll in the NFL and that we are supposed to give a free pass based on the injuries.

How do you know when we are to spend that payroll and to whom?? The season is not over yet and we may pickup a stud soon.

evol4276
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
bears? colts? both have an assload of injuries too...

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
i feel like HH is just a week ahead of schedule. we're all very excited with the jets win and the hope it represents. we all know that this season takes a huge turn should the bills win. however, if they lose, HH's comments will probably be backed by a lot of fans on this board.

Personally,i can see the bills losing on Monday night in grotesque fashion, but i am preparing my victory dance and tuesday morning walk of confidence into the office now regardless.

Buffalo NY and its sports has turned into the lottery. you can't expect a beautifully executed plan. You can't expect the city or teams to rebuild with logic and fantastic investments. You can only hope for the one time anamoly and grandslam with the bases loaded. you just have to hope on the dream that it works out in the end in a magical, predetermined kind of way. I've been doing this for almost 30 years. sooner or later, i got to catch the break.

To be honest, I was pretty excited about Monday Night until I heard on Sirrius that Peerles was done for the year.

Than it kind of struck me that "why should I be surprised?" He did nothing in ATL and now he's hurt before a primetime game. Bad luck, unfair, whatever you want to call it, it's another front office choice that's not on the field this coming Monday.

Maybe we sign Randy Moss and he catches the winning score against Dallas this coming Monday Night. All I know, for sure, is that it will not be Peerless Price.

pats-were-right
10-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Point of the OP was that if you do not spend to the cap and ensure you have a balanced roster from 1 to 53, injuries will pay a bigger toll.

I used to whine about injuries in the late 90's when our team used to go into a tailspin every year - then I smartened up.

Mad Bomber
10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry, but in the real world you create your own luck. The best managers realize that.

Anybody who has played sports knows the crappier the team you play on the more likely you have a shot at getting injured. I never got hurt playing on good teams but got mauled on bad ones.

I guess I'm to blame for all the injuries on my fantasy football team...
- Cadillac Williams is out for the year with a knee injury.
- Joseph Addai is injured (shoulder) and may not play Sunday.
- Travis Henry is injured (knee/ankle) and may not play Sunday.
Pretty good players on pretty good teams.

One thing I will admit was stupid - I never should have sold Travis that dope...

Mitchy moo
10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I guess I'm to blame for all the injuries on my fantasy football team...
- Cadillac Williams is out for the year with a knee injury.
- Joseph Addai is injured (shoulder) and may not play Sunday.
- Travis Henry is injured (knee/ankle) and may not play Sunday.
My bad.

One thing I will admit was stupid - I never should have sold Travis that dope...

Lol.:oops:

trapezeus
10-05-2007, 03:36 PM
To be honest, I was pretty excited about Monday Night until I heard on Sirrius that Peerles was done for the year.

Than it kind of struck me that "why should I be surprised?" He did nothing in ATL and now he's hurt before a primetime game. Bad luck, unfair, whatever you want to call it, it's another front office choice that's not on the field this coming Monday.

Maybe we sign Randy Moss and he catches the winning score against Dallas this coming Monday Night. All I know, for sure, is that it will not be Peerless Price.

i didn't think Peerless was really going to do anything. i'm not worried about him missng the game. everyone knew his time was up. honestly, this team, if edwards can give them some consistency just needs a draft for a WR and several D players to bolster it's roster.

i'm not sure this coaching staff has the tools it takes yet to make them winners, but from a personel standpoint, i'm ok with its depth based on where we are in the rebuilding effort.

FlyingDutchman
10-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I expected something like this from OP, but this is just dumbest thread ever.

MikeInRoch
10-05-2007, 04:21 PM
If you honestly believe that the injuries are the fault of the front office, then I can add another to the 'worthless opinion' list.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 04:29 PM
If you honestly believe that the injuries are the fault of the front office, then I can add another to the 'worthless opinion' list.

Yeah, and they control the weather too. Geez.

As usual it's easier to call the topic dumb or worthless than challenging the grey matter in your skull.

FlyingDutchman
10-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Whats to challenge and talk about? This whole subject is just plain stupid. If you can point your finger at anyone outside the injury gods, its at the training staff. Even then, you can blame broken bones and paralysis on them. This thread is just idiotic.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Whats to challenge and talk about? This whole subject is just plain stupid. If you can point your finger at anyone outside the injury gods, its at the training staff. Even then, you can blame broken bones and paralysis on them. This thread is just idiotic.

We have to limit where we can use Parrish because of his size. Jauron admitted he was worried about him getting hurt. That's the front office's decision to have an undersized player on this team, not "god's".

MikeInRoch
10-05-2007, 04:50 PM
As usual it's easier to call the topic dumb or worthless than challenging the grey matter in your skull.

Challenge how? It seems like the challenge you have taken up is to find some way, ANY way to blame the front office for bad luck. Just some other way to take pot shots at the front office.

83evans
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Bringing on a has-been to be your #2 receiver gets you this result. Having a 165 pound #3 receiver "used sparingly" because of his frialty is a joke.

Everett should have never made the roster but you can suck and make this team. Ralph doesn't want to spend and this is what you get. We are 31st in spending so this is the kind of injuries you should expect.

Kill yourself now.

HAMMER
10-06-2007, 11:09 AM
This may be the worst thread this season, unbelievable.

hammerbillsfan
10-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Can I have my 2 minutes back from reading this crap? :sigh:

MikeInRoch
10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Just add Hhurricane to your ignore list. At least that way you won't waste time again.

YardRat
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
There is no such thing as 'luck'...an event, good or bad, is the result of other events that lead to a common, specific point that defines the event in question. Variances in the previous events would (or at least could) lead to a different result than what we know as the defining event.

For example...Hypothetically speaking, if the Bills FO went out this off-season and signed a block-buster TE instead of standing pat, he probably would have replaced Everett on the roster. If Everett hadn't been on the roster, he obviously wouldn't have been on the field against Denver and wouldn't have gotten injured.

I don't think 'blame' is the proper terminology when applied to the FO's role in such a scenario, but to deny that their actions, or lack of, shouldn't be considered a factor in the defining event would be remiss.

I'm not attaching any judgement, good or bad, BTW...it is what it is, and it works both ways. Everett could have latched on with another team and suffered the same injury in the same manner and one could argue that if he'd stayed in Buffalo the event may not have ever happened.

As far as talent level and it's affect on injuries, I agree that lower skill levels lead to more injuries (not only for the individual player but also their teammates), although I certainly don't have any empirical evidence to back it up. A player that ends up in a spot he's not supposed to be in has a greater chance of getting injured or injuring someone else. A player trying to do too much to cover for a teammate who is physically over-matched or made a mental error could injure himself.

It's not a conventional argument that was initially proposed, but it also isn't entirely without merit or unworthy of discussion.