Regardless of bad luck, injuries fall on the front office.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Regardless of bad luck, injuries fall on the front office.

Sorry, but in the real world you create your own luck. The best managers realize that.

Bringing on a has-been to be your #2 receiver gets you this result. Having a 165 pound #3 receiver "used sparingly" because of his frialty is a joke.

Everett should have never made the roster but you can suck and make this team. Ralph doesn't want to spend and this is what you get. We are 31st in spending so this is the kind of injuries you should expect.

Anybody who has played sports knows the crappier the team you play on the more likely you have a shot at getting injured. I never got hurt playing on good teams but got mauled on bad ones.
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Regardless of bad luck, injuries fall on the front office.

you cant possibly blame injuries on the front office.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
      you cant possibly blame injuries on the front office.
      Sure can.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

This is one of the dumbest threads this season and needs to be moved to SPAM

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
          This is one of the dumbest threads this season and needs to be moved to SPAM
          If I sign LeCharles Bentley to a big contract and he never see's the field do I get a free "win" for that?

Picking the right players is just as much a part of the game as anything else in life.

Do you realize that Spikes achilles was injured before he signed with the Bills?

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            If I sign LeCharles Bentley to a big contract and he never see's the field do I get a free "win" for that?

Picking the right players is just as much a part of the game as anything else in life.

Do you realize that Spikes achilles was injured before he signed with the Bills?
            HHURRICANE has a point.

You're players don't know how to play through proper technique, or isn't aware enough to know wher enot to be, or to be just carelessly throwing their bodies around the field. Especially defense...when you get big O-linemen barreling down at a LB, the LB is going to pay. Our defense was on the field way too long.

And it doesnt help that Marv has signed numerous injury prone players, Webster and Al Wilson to name a few, and what do you know, theyre injured. Undersized safety Jim Leonard, injured...undersized Youboty...injured. Jason Whittle, injury prone. Injured.

Even the two guys we brought in because of our injuries are injury prone!

You get what you pay for, we've paid crap, and we've in turn, gotten crap.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

lets blame 911 on Marv as well. Why not?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                lets blame 911 on Marv as well. Why not?
                If you want to ignore the reasoning behind the thread than you just blindly put your Bills jersey on and start drinking now. Enjoy Monday Night.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                  HHURRICANE has a point.

You're players don't know how to play through proper technique, or isn't aware enough to know wher enot to be, or to be just carelessly throwing their bodies around the field. Especially defense...when you get big O-linemen barreling down at a LB, the LB is going to pay. Our defense was on the field way too long.

And it doesnt help that Marv has signed numerous injury prone players, Webster and Al Wilson to name a few, and what do you know, theyre injured. Undersized safety Jim Leonard, injured...undersized Youboty...injured. Jason Whittle, injury prone. Injured.

Even the two guys we brought in because of our injuries are injury prone!

You get what you pay for, we've paid crap, and we've in turn, gotten crap.
                  These guys are playing a very fast hard hitting sport, it's not like their playing badminton or something. Injuries are normally a mix of bad luck and poor conditioning.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

If you want to ignore the reasoning behind the thread than you just blindly put your Bills jersey on and start drinking now. Enjoy Monday Night.
                    yeah JP's injury was Marvs fault too. what about POZ, we should've neve drafted him. It was a mistake.

Polian is an idot for bringing in Harrison because Harrison is injured. Give me a break. This is a stupud thread.

Your Spikes theory in another dump post. Not backed up by any facts other than your opinion.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      yeah JP's injury was Marvs fault too. what about POZ, we should've neve drafted him. It was a mistake.

Polian is an idot for bringing in Harrison because Harrison is injured. Give me a break. This is a stupud thread.

Your Spikes theory in another dump post. Not backed up by any facts other than your opinion.
                      I'm going to "dumb" this down for you.

Injuries are part of the game. Certainly it's not Marv's fault that POZ or JP got hurt, or for that matter, anybody else on the roster.

But the players we put on the field is the sole responsibility of the front office and the coaching staff they hire.

Coy Wire is undersized and he got hurt. Not shocking. Nor is it shocking that a rookie LB starting and learning his position got hurt.

If I buy a car and it turns out to be a "lemon" I'm ultimately responsible. PERIOD. I can ***** and moan and say I had "bad luck" but that's what I chose. This is what the front office chose. We have a ton of undersized guys on our D and players, or players around them, are getting hurt.

Peerless Price isn't Terrell Owens. I'm not shocked he's hurt and done for the year. What has he done in his career that would expect me to believe that he wouldn't disappoint us?

Comment

• Big M
                        • Jan 2004

Great logic. Can you filter a rational thought before starting one dumb thread after another ?

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

Honestly, some of you people really need to get a life. Injuries are a part of the game, deal with it.
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

I'm going to "dumb" this down for you.

Injuries are part of the game. Certainly it's not Marv's fault that POZ or JP got hurt, or for that matter, anybody else on the roster.

But the players we put on the field is the sole responsibility of the front office and the coaching staff they hire.

Coy Wire is undersized and he got hurt. Not shocking. Nor is it shocking that a rookie LB starting and learning his position got hurt.

If I buy a car and it turns out to be a "lemon" I'm ultimately responsible. PERIOD. I can ***** and moan and say I had "bad luck" but that's what I chose. This is what the front office chose. We have a ton of undersized guys on our D and players, or players around them, are getting hurt.

Peerless Price isn't Terrell Owens. I'm not shocked he's hurt and done for the year. What has he done in his career that would expect me to believe that he wouldn't disappoint us?
                            The fundemental flaw with your hypothesis is that this D calls for faster guys that can move to a spot quickly. If anything these guys should be more agile / nimble and be able to avoid many situations of questionable contact.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                              The fundemental flaw with your hypothesis is that this D calls for faster guys that can move to a spot quickly. If anything these guys should be more agile / nimble and be able to avoid many situations of questionable contact.
                              The fundemental flaw with his theory is that it sucked from the get go.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X