PDA

View Full Version : GDT: ISLANDERS @ SABRES - 10/5 - 7:30

JD
10-05-2007, 03:27 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
THE WAIT IS OVER
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sabres home opener and banner ceremony in BEAUTIFUL High Definition!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!

:bandwagon

http://www.futureofthebook.org/sivavaidhyanathan/archives/mair.jpg

BC: Before Christ--- >1
AD: After Death--- 1-2006
SE: Stafford Era--- 2007 - ?

Philagape
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
:oldskool:

(see I can separate my cheerleading from my opinions!)

PcA125
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
THere we go.. thats how we start

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Spacek SCORES!!!!!!!! 1-1 ON THE PP!!!!!

1-0 BUFFALO!!!!

MikeInRoch
10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, nice save to deny Vanek. Beautiful pass by Max.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Spacek :boozer:

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 06:52 PM
We've got the Icedancers on their heels already. DiPietro is the only thing keeping them in it so far. He's having to earn that contract so far tonight.

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Well that's a s@!* sandwich. Homeless. :down:

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 06:57 PM
well we're playing well when we have the puck.... GGGOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!

2-1 BUFFALO!!!

DEREK ROY!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Beautiful. Then almost a 3rd. Outstanding puck movement and skating.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
ROY! :boozer:

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
2 dumbass penalties--ESPECIALLY Timma's. :mad: Crap, they already scored.

PcA125
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
sloppy play, should be a high scoring game

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Glad to see that this organization did NOTHING to address our lackluster penalty killing. Again, please tell me why Patrick is a coach on this team???

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 07:14 PM
STAFFORD :boozer::oldskool:

gr8slayer
I'm at the game. Lots of scoring

SpillerThrills
and who thought we wouldn't be able to score this year????

PcA125
ok 3-3 its a new game

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Remember--Criticizing the team is unacceptable. ;)

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm glad Drew tied the game, but when you outplay a team for 93% of a period, you CANNOT leave said period tied.

camelcowboy
10-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Lets do color on the game at a poker table. God msg sucks

Philagape
10-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Glad to see that this organization did NOTHING to address our lackluster penalty killing. Again, please tell me why Patrick is a coach on this team???

We could use a two-way penalty-killing center who's good on faceoffs ...... oh wait

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
This defense got worse somehow. Crap.

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Remember the thread about scoring 4 goals to win? Try 5, maybe 6 by he time this one is done.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
:oldskool: VANEK :boozer:

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:50 PM
...With the penalty.

pyrrhonist
10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Penalty-fest '07!

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
:oldskool: "LET'S GO! BUF-FA-LO!!!"
Listening on the internet, the crowd sounds loud as hell!
GO SABRES!!!

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Honestly, this team looks bad. I hope they have enough offense to come back, but if the Islanders are doing this to us, what will Ottawa, the Rangers etc. do to us?

gr8slayer
10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
:oldskool: "LET'S GO! BUF-FA-LO!!!"
Listening on the internet, the crowd sounds loud as hell!
GO SABRES!!!
It is pretty damn loud in here

SABURZFAN
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
LETS GO SLUG-A-LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeInRoch
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Honestly, this team looks bad. I hope they have enough offense to come back, but if the Islanders are doing this to us, what will Ottawa, the Rangers etc. do to us?

IT'S ONE GAME.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
IT'S ONE GAME.

It's only 2 periods! :wtf: GO SABRES!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:27 PM
IT'S ONE GAME.

True, but the problems I see are the same problems they had last year and they don't have Drury around. This team seriously needs to make some changes to the roster to be a true contender. We'll see, but it looks the same and that isn't good. I just wish they would have add some character and toughness.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
True, but the problems I see are the same problems they had last year and they don't have Drury around. This team seriously needs to make some changes to the roster to be a true contender. We'll see, but it looks the same and that isn't good. I just wish they would have add some character and toughness.

that's funny because I think they are bigger and a little more physical the way they are playing this game. They are getting beat because of boneheaded plays, people being in the wrong place and penalties...all things that can be corrected.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:35 PM
that's funny because I think they are bigger and a little more physical the way they are playing this game. They are getting beat because of boneheaded plays, people being in the wrong place and penalties...all things that can be corrected.

All of the same things they did wrong in the playoffs...

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Their positioning sucks on the PK and Miller has been bad.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
For all of you who think this team has looked good, please give me some of what you're smoking because defensively they look atrocious.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 08:38 PM
All of the same things they did wrong in the playoffs...

I disagree. It wasn't mistakes as much as just plain not turning it on for the whole game because they had the finesse attitude. I'm pretty happy with the effort tonight just the execution has been off.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I disagree. It wasn't mistakes as much as just plain not turning it on for the whole game because they had the finesse attitude. I'm pretty happy with the effort tonight just the execution has been off.

Come on, you cannot be serious? Their play tonight has been pretty poor, except for the 1st period.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Don't worry, Briere will score, and then Drury will tie it up in the final seconds :crap: oh yeah! Okay, time for someone to step up BIGTIME!
go sabres!!!!
Actually we've had a lot of close goals, one will go in!

Typ0
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Come on, you cannot be serious? Their play tonight has been pretty poor, except for the 1st period.

It was promising for this team.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't worry, Briere will score, and then Drury will tie it up in the final seconds :crap: oh yeah! Okay, time for someone to step up BIGTIME!
go sabres!!!!
Actually we've had a lot of close goals, one will go in!

hmmm...not going to happen this year. They are going to have to learn another way.

MikeInRoch
10-05-2007, 09:00 PM

Yeah, we sure sucked last year. I'd hate to duplicate THAT performance.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
It was promising for this team.

So now you're OK with promising? Sorry, but that just isn't good enough. This organization has f'd up and it was very apparent tonight. No changes from last year (except losing players that were important to the success of this organization) and it equals a very poor product. Pretty embarrassing loss to start the season.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, we sure sucked last year. I'd hate to duplicate THAT performance.

Need we get back into the fact that this team wasn't good enough and pretty muched choked in the playoffs. I would love to have the same season, but not sit still at the deadline and not address the problems with this team. I guess it is pretty much the norm here to just ignore the flaws and think everything will be OK. It's one game, so they have time, but as this team is made up right now, it doesn't look like it will be that promising of a season.

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 09:04 PM
So now you're OK with promising? Sorry, but that just isn't good enough. This organization has f'd up and it was very apparent tonight. No changes from last year (except losing players that were important to the success of this organization) and it equals a very poor product. Pretty embarrassing loss to start the season.

someone needs to smoke a bowl or something to calm down.... it's 1 game, there's 81 games left before the playoffs start..... there is still alot of hockey to be played before we start writing the season off!!:oldskool: :gosabres:

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 09:04 PM

And so you can ***** and cry, or root for the team tomorrow.
GO SABRES! :oldskool:

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:05 PM

I think this team is going to be decent even if it takes them a few months. If you just are looking for changes then you are going to be disappointed. I'm pretty happy to have a roster of strong young players and if they wake up and keep the guys that perform then it will be good.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:06 PM
someone needs to smoke a bowl or something to calm down.... it's 1 game, there's 81 games left before the playoffs start..... there is still alot of hockey to be played before we start writing the season off!!:oldskool: :gosabres:

we need them to learn how to play 60 minutes and do it at the right time.

camelcowboy
10-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Power play is garbage, PK is garbage, and they like to pass too much. They should never score 4 goals and lose by 2.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Of course there is time, but we just got smoked by the Islanders people...you do know that they actually suck...don't you? Hey, let's hope this was a mirage, but I truly believe this is a sign of things to come.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Power play is garbage, PK is garbage, and they like to pass too much. They should never score 4 goals and lose by 2.

What are you talking about? They were awesome tonight and we're going to the Stanley Cup...don't you know?

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I never claimed to be a hockey guru...but I'm seeing the players on the team say exactly the things I've been talking about here through the third period.

Ingtar33
10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Miller was the problem tonight... a LOT of bad goals.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I never claimed to be a hockey guru...but I'm seeing the players on the team say exactly the things I've been talking about here through the third period.

Of course they're going to say that...do you think they're going to state the obvious? What I mean by that is that the FO f'd up big time and they lack some key elements to truly compete?

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Of course they're going to say that...do you think they're going to state the obvious? What I mean by that is that the FO f'd up big time and they lack some key elements to truly compete?

Obviously Nighthawks right, and everyone else is wrong, so pack it in boys,
the season is over, they f'd up!

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM

too many high quality opportunities against him though. That is always going to make a goaltender look bad. When they get ten really good opportunities and are effective at putting the puck on net two or three are going to go in it doesn't matter how bad it looks for the goaltender.

SpillerThrills
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM

the whole team was the problem tonight.... you can't put this on miller, or connelly, or spacek.... they all played sloppy tonight.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
too many high quality opportunities against him though. That is always going to make a goaltender look bad. When they get ten really good opportunities and are effective at putting the puck on net two or three are going to go in it doesn't matter how bad it looks for the goaltender.

I didn't get to see the game, but usually the defensemen are blocking goals also,
were they?

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Obviously Nighthawks right, and everyone else is wrong, so pack it in boys,
the season is over, they f'd up!

I love your arguments...they're so childish. I missed you.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but usually the defensemen are blocking goals also,
were they?

the team got caught too many times trying to move the puck forward and losing the battle to do that. It resulted in too many good opportunities for the Isles who in turn put the puck on net which is what they had to do to win. It's too easy to blame the defense it's the offense that wasn't contributing to the defensive effort which left Miller exposed.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
the team got caught too many times trying to move the puck forward and losing the battle to do that. It resulted in too many good opportunities for the Isles who in turn put the puck on net which is what they had to do to win. It's too easy to blame the defense it's the offense that wasn't contributing to the defensive effort which left Miller exposed.

Exactly and that was a problem in the playoffs last season.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:30 PM
were they?

You didn't see the game, but you feel you can argue points on what happened? Am I confused or does that make no sense at all?

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Exactly and that was a problem in the playoffs last season.

yes it was. And this team is going to have to adjust and that is what I think is promising. If these kids can rally behind Miller instead of just thinking they can attack the other goalie and win it's going to be a big difference and play right into how the management is trying to build this team. Suddenly it "could" become a situation where a hot goalie at the right time can take the team far. It's not easy to win in professional sports.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 09:33 PM

okay, thanks, that can be fixed. we do put a lot of pressure on Miller, the offensive style we play. We can't afford to give up the puck in our end, and give up an odd man rush.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:35 PM
yes it was. And this team is going to have to adjust and that is what I think is promising. If these kids can rally behind Miller instead of just thinking they can attack the other goalie and win it's going to be a big difference and play right into how the management is trying to build this team. Suddenly it "could" become a situation where a hot goalie at the right time can take the team far. It's not easy to win in professional sports.

I hope you're right, but it just frustrates me to no end that this organization put us back into the position of "hoping" things will click.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
okay, thanks, that can be fixed. we do put a lot of pressure on Miller, the offensive style we play. We can't afford to give up the puck in our end, and give up an odd man rush.

absolutely. We have to learn the perfect balance between moving forward on the ice and protecting the defensive zone. And if we can do that then we have to maintain the same vigor about pushing the puck on net at the other end.

im4bflo
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
You didn't see the game, but you feel you can argue points on what happened? Am I confused or does that make no sense at all?

I listened, but had no visual.
You don't have to be so defensive over everything I say.
let it go.

Nighthawk
absolutely. We have to learn the perfect balance between moving forward on the ice and protecting the defensive zone. And if we can do that then we have to maintain the same vigor about pushing the puck on net at the other end.

A big problem for this team is that they have too many guys that are the same player and that is especially true on defense.

Nighthawk
I listened, but had no visual.
You don't have to be so defensive over everything I say.
let it go.

Touchy...

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I hope you're right, but it just frustrates me to no end that this organization put us back into the position of "hoping" things will click.

you sound big time like a micro manager. All you can do is work to develop the tools in the people you have and unleash them. You have to position people well and then let them do their thing and hope it clicks. If you hired the right people then you have a good chance at having a high performing team.

Nighthawk
10-05-2007, 09:41 PM
you sound big time like a micro manager. All you can do is work to develop the tools in the people you have and unleash them. You have to position people well and then let them do their thing and hope it clicks. If you hired the right people then you have a good chance at having a high performing team.

No, I'm just tired of how crappy our pro sports teams are run. It is what it is...this organization f'd up. I'm just frustrated with how the team looks.

Typ0
10-05-2007, 09:52 PM
No, I'm just tired of how crappy our pro sports teams are run. It is what it is...this organization f'd up. I'm just frustrated with how the team looks.

How can you say that though? This is one of the top franchises in hockey. You can say they can't cut the mustard but the local marketing is outstanding and the entire NHL is looking at us as one of the top teams to beat down...and a few years ago we were headed into the toilet.

Business wise we are strong. Player wise we are strong. We can sit here and argue about how we aren't going to win it all till hell freezes over or we win it all but the facts are clear. We have a lot of good players...and good players because they fit in the system which is huge.

Honestly, you are clueless about history and just want a killer team. That year Carolina won the cup that was our cup. It's too bad we couldn't all jerk off to that cup but it didn't happen. That was a bad ass team. We can do that again. And it wasn't a fluke. Our management team has built something solid. Let's try again.

Nighthawk
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
How can you say that though? This is one of the top franchises in hockey. You can say they can't cut the mustard but the local marketing is outstanding and the entire NHL is looking at us as one of the top teams to beat down...and a few years ago we were headed into the toilet.

Business wise we are strong. Player wise we are strong. We can sit here and argue about how we aren't going to win it all till hell freezes over or we win it all but the facts are clear. We have a lot of good players...and good players because they fit in the system which is huge.

Honestly, you are clueless about history and just want a killer team. That year Carolina won the cup that was our cup. It's too bad we couldn't all jerk off to that cup but it didn't happen. That was a bad ass team. We can do that again. And it wasn't a fluke. Our management team has built something solid. Let's try again.

I'm really not the clueless one on this site. I know what I see and I know how bad this organization screwed up a special thing we were building. This team looks terrible in the first couple of games and I don't see this team, as it is made up right now, even making the playoffs.

im4bflo
10-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm really not the clueless one on this site. I know what I see and I know how bad this organization screwed up a special thing we were building. This team looks terrible in the first couple of games and I don't see this team, as it is made up right now, even making the playoffs.

And anybody agree with Negtvhawk?