PDA

View Full Version : The Good News and the Bad News

Meathead
10-05-2007, 10:05 PM
the good news: they look exactly like last year

the bad news: they look exactly like last year

good: very fast, good chemistry, crisp passing, pretty goals, dominating five on five

bad: sloppy defense, weak in front of own net, crappy pp, outworked, lydman coughing up the puck and getting beat by it

Typ0
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
they don't at all look like last years team.

camelcowboy
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
glad to see the ice isn't any better. 42mil in payroll and they can't freeze ice properly

Dr. Lecter
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
glad to see the ice isn't any better. 42mil in payroll and they can't freeze ice properly

80 + weather with 80% humidity will do that.

It was ****ing hot downtown and muggy as hell.

camelcowboy
10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
80 + weather with 80% humidity will do that.

It was ****ing hot downtown and muggy as hell. dead of winter the ice will still suck

SkateZilla
10-06-2007, 12:14 AM
the good news: they look exactly like last year

the bad news: they look exactly like last year

good: very fast, good chemistry, crisp passing, pretty goals, dominating five on five

bad: sloppy defense, weak in front of own net, crappy pp, outworked, lydman coughing up the puck and getting beat by it

The Good News, Its Only Game 1 of 82, the Bad news, they players know their DZone Coverage Sucks..

mchurchfie
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
they don't at all look like last years team.
Yes they do. Even when they were on their record 10 game winning streak last year they had a lot of come behinds because they got in a hole early with pisspoor defensive play. The only difference this year is that Drury and Briere aren't here to help bail them out. This team has had some serious defensive issues for a lot longer than people realize.

Meathead
10-06-2007, 06:03 PM
i dont know why anybody is surprised. these are the exact same defensemen that got pushed around in front of their own net and lost guys in the slot all last year, esp the playoffs.

i cried for a physical stay at home defensemen all off season but nada. lindy says they gotta stop trying to simply score their way outta trouble. well i saw absolutely nothing to show the players have bought into that

i hope they make a move at the deadline or sooner for that type of backline player cuz this group is not going to change its spots come springtime

with all the offense still on this team they should score their way into the playoffs. but after that its gonna be the same exact result - they will get beat by a team with a little less offense but a better defense

until this team learns that they have to stay hungry all game every game they are going to lose games they shouldnt

they just cant seem to get that through their heads