• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

TURNOVERS

It's all about TURNOVERS.
    I believe Dallas is#1 right now, with a positive turnover ratio.
    We have to take care of the rock, and burgle as many as we can get!
    The team with the most takeaways, WINS!
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: TURNOVERS

Exactly.

I don't want to jinx things, but one thing I love about Lynch is that he doesn't put the ball on the ground. He didn't do it in college (check his stats...you'll be pleasantly surprised), and I love the way he covers up the ball as a pro.

This guy fights for extra yards. In each and every game this year you've seen him bulling over people. Yet he protects the ball while driving hard with his legs.

We need to have Trent throw no INTs, while our D takes a few away...preferably in good field position like last week against the Jets.

The way that Dallas has been moving the ball this year, takeaways are vital to our chances.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I like our chances against Romo, even with the MASH unit we're going to have playing D. I don't see the 'Boys RB's putting the ball on the ground, but a couple of picks certainly aren't out of the question. Maybe even a dropped snap from center.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Suprisingly, the Bills haven't been turnover plagued this year. We haven't created too many either though. But I would rather go three and out then throw an INT or lose a fumble. I guess you have to move the ball in order to turn it over, eh?

Comment

• JDSmith
          • Oct 2007

So far this season the Cowboys are +7 in turnover differential. The Bills are even. The Cowboys have gotten most of their turnovers through interceptions, leading the league with 8 picks. Romo has only thrown 3 interceptions, and one went off of Crayton's hands to get picked on the tip. So Romo has done a great job of protecting the football, he's making smart throws consistently and not trying to force things. Most of the Cowboys picks have come with QBs under pressure (or late in the game after feeling the pressure all day) making pretty bad throws. There have been a couple that were outstanding plays by the DBs, but most have been errant throws. Teams get way behind, start to get desperate and the QBs start to feel the pressure of the accumulated pass rush. I'm expecting a lot more interceptions or sacks as the season progresses now that Terrence Newman and Greg Ellis are back.

The Cowboys aren't getting a lot of sacks, but they are putting good pressure on the QB throughout the game. If your rookie gets rid of the ball quickly it should help him, that's what Eli did in the first game. He was just getting the ball out of there before the rush could get to him, really short drops and quick throws on most plays. When he needed a little more time they ran play action, Eli lives off of play action passes. From what I saw watching your game vs the Jets your guy gets the ball out quickly, so that should help him in that regard.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

coffee and apple turnovers.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
              I like our chances against Romo, even with the MASH unit we're going to have playing D. I don't see the 'Boys RB's putting the ball on the ground, but a couple of picks certainly aren't out of the question. Maybe even a dropped snap from center.

i like that idea YardRat.Romo does everything you mentioned above.also, he botches an extra point attempt allowing the Bills to escape with a one point victory.

(SABURZFAN wakes up)

i had a helluva dream.i was talking to YardRat and............
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Also we've got Ellison back, and he either batted down, or intercepted passes during camp and preseason. Hope he's got more in him.

Comment

Working...
                X