PDA

View Full Version : AP Reporter John Warrow spoke about Edwards on Sirrius today.

HHURRICANE
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Vic Carruci had John Warrow on Sirrius today. After the interview I would be shocked if JP ever see's the field as a Bills starter again.

He said he has interviewed Ralph, Marv, and Jim Kelly and they all are pretty sold on Edwards. He said that the team feels the O-line gave JP plenty of time and he isn't throwing to the open receievers.

The team is very high on the o-line and even Melvin Fowler.

My general opinion, after listening today, is that it is already a forgone conclusion that Edwards will play after Dallas even if he struggles.

Mitchy moo
10-06-2007, 03:59 PM
This is a lock if TE puts up great #'s against the boys.

ParanoidAndroid
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM
This is a lock if TE puts up great #'s against the boys.

I think it's a lock if he merely continues to make good decisions, whether his numbers are good or not.

YardRat
10-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Nice to see the o-line getting some props also.

Luisito23
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM

They deserve it!!!...:hi5:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

raphael120
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM

for as much money as we spent on the line, they better be kickin some ass!

one thing is that for as much crap as Walker has gotten from the likes of Pat and everything, I dont think he gave up a sack yet. peters has been the goat most of the time

he gets an offsides every single game it seems

JJamezz
10-06-2007, 04:42 PM
HH, you know if this is one of the shows they replay? I'd love to hear the interview..

Its funny, you see Wawrow's name on bylines all over the place, but don't think I've ever seen or heard him..

evol4276
10-06-2007, 04:50 PM
This is a lock if TE puts up great #'s against the boys. stop with the great numbers every week comment. i need him to play smart. he more than likely wont put up huge numbers. we jus need him to play effectively like last week and thats more what im seeing him do with this, not blow a good d out of the park in his second start in the nfl. it is nice to hope for tho :-P ill give ya that

ParanoidAndroid
10-06-2007, 04:51 PM
The o-line does seem to be getting better, but I'll be watching them closely Monday because you now the Cowboys are going to be blitzing.

Oaf
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
If TE sucks ass, I'd like to JP get another shot.

churchinski
10-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I think it's a lock if he merely continues to make good decisions, whether his numbers are good or not.

I think it's already a lock, I think Ralph Wilson wants Edwards in there and Ralph is right the vast majority of times , beside he's the owner, what he says goes so Losman will be riding the bench

camelcowboy
10-06-2007, 05:38 PM
If TE sucks ass, I'd like to JP get another shot.

You mean if TE plays like JP, because sucks ass pretty much somes up losmans career.

Goobylal
10-06-2007, 06:13 PM
The Jets were the perfect game for Trent to make his first start. It's kind of like Flutie getting his first start against the Colts back in 1998. Anyone could win against those teams.

That being said, JP should get the start after he gets healthy. Give him an improved O-line, Josh Reed back, Michael Gaines aboard, and the opened-up playbook. Then compare who does a better job.

HHURRICANE
10-06-2007, 06:19 PM
HH, you know if this is one of the shows they replay? I'd love to hear the interview..

Its funny, you see Wawrow's name on bylines all over the place, but don't think I've ever seen or heard him..

I think you can go to the Sirrius website and listen to it as a Sirrius member. They also play everything over after 11PM but I don't know how they schedule the replays.

Peters got alot of praise which surprised me because I didn't think he was playing that great. Maybe he's doing better than us fans realize.

JJamezz
10-06-2007, 06:44 PM
They also play everything over after 11PM

Cool, thanks! The schedule on their site is all screwed up.. I wasn't sure when they ran the replays.

YardRat
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
The Jets were the perfect game for Trent to make his first start. It's kind of like Flutie getting his first start against the Colts back in 1998. Anyone could win against those teams.

The same could be said for Houston and Miami, twice each.

That being said, JP should get the start after he gets healthy. Give him an improved O-line, Josh Reed back, Michael Gaines aboard, and the opened-up playbook. Then compare who does a better job.

Proper execution does wonders for opening up the playbook.

mikemac2001
10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Ill root for any bill on the field

Mitchy moo
10-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Ill root for any bill on the field

I like that.

evol4276
10-07-2007, 12:54 AM
If TE sucks ass, I'd like to JP get another shot. can u guys make up ur minds please? either ur gunna wanna keep jp whether he plays good or bad or ur gunna want to keep TE whether he plays good or bad. we cant keep switching qbs, we need to find one n stay with him so our team can gel with him, inconsistancy will only kill us for longer. thats jus what i think tho

Spiderweb
10-07-2007, 12:56 AM

Not to rain on the O-Line parade, but what did the Jets game prove? The Jets came in with 1, yes, 1 sack in 3 games. They had 2 more against the Bills.

Before we begin to feel the O-Line is showing improvement, lets first have it backed up with few few real tests first. If this line was to be as advertised, one could say we should be running the ball far more effectively. I dream of seeing what Lynch can do if he's given a few creases rather than to have to carry 2,3,4 or more opponents on his back as often as he does. Real deal so far - Marshawn Lynch.

Lexwhat
10-07-2007, 01:28 AM

You know, I don't really see why JP "SHOULD" get the start ... If the coaching staff feels like JP would give us a better chance to win, then fine. But I dont see any "shoulds" in this situation.

If Trent gives us a better chance to win, then forget JP.

This whole "give him an improved O-Line, Josh Reed back, Michael Gaines aboard, etc." is, IMO, a bunch of excuses.

I personally think this is starting to sound a lot like the excuses given for David Carr. You know how that turned out...

evol4276
10-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I personally think this is starting to sound a lot like the excuses given for David Carr. You know how that turned out...

lol getting sacked like 40-50 times a year has to suck

streetkings01
10-07-2007, 10:25 AM
lol getting sacked like 40-50 times a year has to suckBut somehow they get a new QB in there w/ the same oline, and he's not getting sacked as much hmmm!

HHURRICANE
10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Not to rain on the O-Line parade, but what did the Jets game prove? The Jets came in with 1, yes, 1 sack in 3 games. They had 2 more against the Bills.

Before we begin to feel the O-Line is showing improvement, lets first have it backed up with few few real tests first. If this line was to be as advertised, one could say we should be running the ball far more effectively. I dream of seeing what Lynch can do if he's given a few creases rather than to have to carry 2,3,4 or more opponents on his back as often as he does. Real deal so far - Marshawn Lynch.

They were not giving the o-line props for one game but how they have played this season.

Randy Cross in the AM has been giving the line big praise all season.

Let's remember that 3 starters are brand new to the starting lineup.

Goobylal
10-07-2007, 01:12 PM
You know, I don't really see why JP "SHOULD" get the start ... If the coaching staff feels like JP would give us a better chance to win, then fine. But I dont see any "shoulds" in this situation.

If Trent gives us a better chance to win, then forget JP.

This whole "give him an improved O-Line, Josh Reed back, Michael Gaines aboard, etc." is, IMO, a bunch of excuses.

How can you make the determination about whether JP would give us the best chance to win if he doesn't have the same factors in play, like the ones I mentioned above and you conveniently labelled as "excuses?" To ignore the competition is one major error (again, check JP's stats from last year and the points the offense scored against the Jets), but to ignore personnel is a bigger one.

Really I don't give a damn what Fairchild and co. THINK they know.

But if Edwards does well against the Cowboys and leads the Bills to a string of wins while JP is still out, I'll have to change my mind. But right now, with a 17-point performance against the lowly Jets, I can't.

Lexwhat
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
How can you make the determination about whether JP would give us the best chance to win if he doesn't have the same factors in play, like the ones I mentioned above and you conveniently labelled as "excuses?" To ignore the competition is one major error (again, check JP's stats from last year and the points the offense scored against the Jets), but to ignore personnel is a bigger one.

But if Edwards does well against the Cowboys and leads the Bills to a string of wins while JP is still out, I'll have to change my mind. But right now, with a 17-point performance against the lowly Jets, I can't.

Huh? I didn't even say that you should change your mind right now. Before, I was simply alluding to the fact that you said "JP should get the start after he gets healthy." Again, why "SHOULD" he??

When I talk about excuses, I mean that people (not necessarily you) wanna put everything on a silver tray for JP before they will ever admit that hes a bust. Now, JP may not be a bust yet, but I'm also not gonna hold out that silver tray for him.

Botton line - this is the NFL, not a science experiment. We are not gonna waste games by constantly switching QBs, just to "equally compare" JP and Trent.

churchinski
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM

he's in his 4th year already and has had many starts

so I don't what you need to make a determination

5 years , 6 years , 7 years ?

bottom line is that Edwards looks better than Losman right now after only 1 start

so this drawn out Losman experiment should be put on the shelf until Edwards is injured

other than that keep Losman on the bench , in fact I'm not even sure he's on the bench

are the Bills letting him hang out on the sidelines ?

Goobylal
10-07-2007, 09:25 PM
How many injured players hang-out on the sidelines? Where is Poz? Simpson? Price?

And we'll get a better sense of where Edwards is tomorrow night. The Cowboys are a good team with a good defense that WILL blitz. I hope Trent plays incredibly and makes the decision a hard one, but I have little faith in Fairchild in any case.

BillsFever21
10-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Some people are funny. They act like one game makes a career and can only see week to week at the current moment.

JP started off against the Broncos and Steelers on the road. What a huge coincidence that the Broncos lead the league in pass defense at a total of 114 yards per game. I guess it is only JP who had a bad game against them to start the year off. Another coincidence is the Steelers are 8th in the league in pass defense and our entire team was totally outmatched on the road against Pittsburgh. The Jets on the other hand are 28th against the pass and probably even worse after today.

DynaPaul
10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Huh? I didn't even say that you should change your mind right now. Before, I was simply alluding to the fact that you said "JP should get the start after he gets healthy." Again, why "SHOULD" he??

Maybe he should so we can finally put the notion to rest that he's ever gonna be a top notch QB? Everyone is making excuses about the play calling, o-line, blah blah blah for him. So the put the guy in and open the playbook. If he stinks it up again it's adios amigo. If Trent comes back in and the O is operating good again we have our answer for the starting QB position.

HHURRICANE
10-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Maybe he should so we can finally put the notion to rest that he's ever gonna be a top notch QB? Everyone is making excuses about the play calling, o-line, blah blah blah for him. So the put the guy in and open the playbook. If he stinks it up again it's adios amigo. If Trent comes back in and the O is operating good again we have our answer for the starting QB position.

I'm a believer that the guy who gives you the best chance of winning, not only today, but down the road, is the guy you play.

Many of you don't remember that there were alot of people that wanted to see Frank Reich in as QB, even after Kelly was healthy, because he was playing so well. The problem was that Kelly gave us the best chance to win every game.

I think Edwards will be the better QB down the road so giving the ball back to JP makes no sense unless Edwards really struggles.

don137
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Its not a coincidence that a QB can make an OL look great or awful. Look at Houston. When Carr was there the OL sucked and not by coincidence now that Schaub is starting and getting rid of the ball quicker and with more accuracy while not giving up the sacks that the OL in Houston is getting praised now but in reality it did not change much. The same may be said in Buffalo. I know its one game with Edwards but all of sudden the Bills OL is getting more praise and their has not been any talk in the last week on this board on how Mouse McNally should be fired.

John Doe
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
There is still a lot of football to be played this season. If Edwards becomes the starter there is the distinct possibility that he may get hurt to some degree, just as most QB's do. That is not a knock on his durability - teams will be blitzing the hell out of him and he is going to take some serious hits.

If all this were to happen, JP will get his chance again.

justasportsfan
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I dream of seeing what Lynch can do if he's given a few creases rather than to have to carry 2,3,4 or more opponents on his back as often as he does. Real deal so far - Marshawn Lynch.
I agree. The OL is average at best in the run game.

justasportsfan
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM

I agree with the open up the playbook part but he's had the same as far as Reed and OLine goes. JP wasn't the only one asking for the playbook to be opened up. So did the wrs and even TE benefited from that. I'd like to see what it can do for JP.