PDA

View Full Version : If I believed in omens, this would be one ...

Philagape
10-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Stanford beats USC. Trent Edwards is smiling.

camelcowboy
10-06-2007, 09:56 PM
YIKES

Goobylal
10-06-2007, 09:58 PM
It's an omen that Trent led Stanford to a winless season last year, but after leaving, they beat the #2 ranked team in the country?

Philagape
10-06-2007, 10:00 PM
It's an omen that Trent led Stanford to a winless season last year, but after leaving, they beat the #2 ranked team in the country?

Loose to be sure, but bear with me here

Goobylal
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, since "it all starts with the QB," by extension, didn't the problems with Stanford start with Trent? And THIS is the guy everyone is gaga over?

Philagape
10-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Trent already has an NFL win so I'll give him a pass on college.

And I don't believe that QB thing.

camelcowboy
10-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, since "it all starts with the QB," by extension, didn't the problems with Stanford start with Trent? And THIS is the guy everyone is gaga over?

Most of the talent from stanford has sucked the last decade. I can't remember them being good since elway.

venis2k1
10-06-2007, 11:26 PM

lets all reflect on tulanes era of dominance for a little while.

Michael82
10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
:rofl: Good point.

Bulldog
10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Stanford beats USC. Trent Edwards is smiling.

He's going to be smiling a lot more once Buffalo knocks off Dallas Monday night.

LtFinFan66
10-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Stanford beats USC. Trent Edwards is smiling.Not sure what that has to do with the bills game:idunno:

Michael82
10-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Not sure what that has to do with the bills game:idunno:
:bf1:

Michael82
10-07-2007, 12:57 AM
He's going to be smiling a lot more once Buffalo knocks off Dallas Monday night.
:laughing:

Philagape
10-07-2007, 07:10 AM

The transcendental aura of the euphoria of Trent Edwards' school knocking off the No. 2 team in the nation when they were massive underdogs transverses the country in an inspirational cloud of glory that propels Trent to lead an upset of his own!!! Duh!!!

Mitchy moo
10-07-2007, 07:12 AM
The transcendental aura of the euphoria of Trent Edwards' school knocking off the No. 2 team in the nation when they were massive underdogs transverses the country in an inspirational cloud of glory that propels Trent to lead an upset of his own!!! Duh!!!

In english- Good Karma man.:geek:

Philagape
10-07-2007, 07:14 AM

.... if I believed in that kind of thing.

YardRat
10-07-2007, 07:27 AM

You're a FinFan....We don't expect you to understand too much.

Nighthawk
10-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow, this QB thing is really going to bring out a fullfledged border war...those for JP and those for Trent. Honestly, people should just be happy with whoever performs the best. I know that's how I'm looking at it. If Trent proves he's the man, then I'm happy. If, for some reason, JP gets back in there and he proves he's the man and wins games, then I'm happy with him as our QB. I kind of think that's how everybody should look at the situation.

Nighthawk
10-07-2007, 08:44 AM
:rofl: Good point.

Hey, Mikey, is that a JP Dumont badge??? JPD? Man, how I wish he were still in Buffalo right now. At least he'd bring some leadership!

Goobylal
10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
lets all reflect on tulanes era of dominance for a little while.
I'd say that NOT having a winless season says something.

cocamide
10-07-2007, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure how Trent would have done in the game, but USC had 5 turnovers. The QB was 11/30 for 149 yards with one TD and one INT. Not exactly a great day. I'm not knocking him, just saying the reason they won was not because of their QB.

Goobylal
10-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Wow, this QB thing is really going to bring out a fullfledged border war...those for JP and those for Trent. Honestly, people should just be happy with whoever performs the best. I know that's how I'm looking at it. If Trent proves he's the man, then I'm happy. If, for some reason, JP gets back in there and he proves he's the man and wins games, then I'm happy with him as our QB. I kind of think that's how everybody should look at the situation.
Well that's the thing. The Jets game was supposed to be a win regardless of who started. But with the Bills getting their first win under Trent, now it's "JP should never see the field again." It's pretty ridiculous. Even moreso with some who claim the Bills would have a better record than they do now.

I've said that when JP is healthy, he should get his chance to prove himself with a) an improving O-line, b) Josh Reed back (he missed the first 2 games and JP didn't play enough of the Pats game), c) Michael Gaines now in the fold, and d) the "opened-up playbook."

venis2k1
10-07-2007, 09:12 AM
through 3 games losman has 255 yards passing, is 0-3, and still hasnt thrown a TD. though 1 game as a starter, edwards has 234 yards, is 1-0 and has a TD pass.
lets see what the young gun can do.

btw, what other games this year are supposed to be a win regardless of who starts??

Mitchy moo
10-07-2007, 09:15 AM
through 3 games losman has 255 yards passing, is 0-3, and still hasnt thrown a TD. though 1 game as a starter, edwards has 234 yards, is 1-0 and has a TD pass.

btw, what other games this year are supposed to be a win regardless of who starts??

Edwards needs to have a good game monday night to silence most of the critics. Even then there will still be a conspiracy theory about better play calling for him.

djjimkelly
10-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure how Trent would have done in the game, but USC had 5 turnovers. The QB was 11/30 for 149 yards with one TD and one INT. Not exactly a great day. I'm not knocking him, just saying the reason they won was not because of their QB.

sort of like last sunday vs the jets. our terrible D won the game those 2 picks won the game. and the jets refusing to blitz won the game. trent played well enough not to lose game. but far from being the difference that won the game. watch the game over if you can our wrs played one hell of a game especially reed and parrish.

djjimkelly
10-07-2007, 09:25 AM

i didnt realize JP played 3 full games he played 3 snaps against new england. but i guess its the same as holcomb getting credit for victory vs the chiefs a couple years ago. and not JP.

also why dont u mention trent in 2 games has 1 TD a 1 yard pass lol and 2 PICKS.

please state facts if your gonna start using numbers.

ONCE AGAIN LETS BE HAPPY THAT WE BEAT THE JETS WHO HAVE 1 WIN THIS YEAR VS THE 0-4 DOLPHINS. we barely beat them at that. i will still saying coaching is the biggest issue on this team not either QB. although i know JP will come back to silence critics

Michael82
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
i didnt realize JP played 3 full games he played 3 snaps against new england. but i guess its the same as holcomb getting credit for victory vs the chiefs a couple years ago. and not JP.

also why dont u mention trent in 2 games has 1 TD a 1 yard pass lol and 2 PICKS.

please state facts if your gonna start using numbers.

ONCE AGAIN LETS BE HAPPY THAT WE BEAT THE JETS WHO HAVE 1 WIN THIS YEAR VS THE 0-4 DOLPHINS. we barely beat them at that. i will still saying coaching is the biggest issue on this team not either QB. although i know JP will come back to silence critics
:rofl: Don't throw common sense into it.

Goobylal
10-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Both Dols games.

Luisito23
10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Edwards needs to have a good game monday night to silence most of the critics. Even then there will still be a conspiracy theory about better play calling for him.

A rookie QB in his 1st. NFL start finally gives us a win, and also some hope for the future and already he has critics....:coocoo:.......Only in the Zone.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Oaf
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's another one.

24 hours before kickoff, another 1-3 team saves their season with 2nd half heroics and comes back against another undefeated team to take the win. The starting QB also made his 1st start of the year last week, just like ours.

:ontome:

Philagape
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Buffalo Bill Cody may have beat up some cowboys in his time. Does that count?

churchinski
10-08-2007, 01:04 AM
the stench of this blowhard's transendental turdness is overpowering

Oaf
10-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Buffalo Bill Cody may have beat up some cowboys in his time. Does that count?
I thought he was one sorta.