PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I Should Stop Watching the Sabres

gr8slayer
10-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Both times I've watched, they've lost :idunno:

Oh well, I noticed a couple of things going to the game Friday and watching the game yesterday:
- It looked to me like in the first period the Sabres we're faster and more aggressive with the puck, but as the game went on it was almost like they got tired and NY got better. Is this part of the game plan or is NY just that much better or are they just in better shape? :idunno:

- HSBC is a freaking beautiful facility, T.V. does not do it justice, and that score board kicks major ass.

- #25 for NY should be playing DE not hockey lol, that is one big S.O.B.

- I think it's pretty safe to say (based on the crowds reaction) that Miller is the most popular player on the Sabres team. Why is that? He gave up a ton of goals the last two games, is it the fault of the rest of the team or is it him? :idunno:

- Going to that game and seeing everyone go out after the game I can see how the loss of the Bills would bring down the economy here even more. I went to the mall the day I got here and I was shocked to see how much merchandise was available everywhere. I talked to a manager in one particular sports store and he said he would have to shut down if the Bills left, now I see what it means to the people of the town and Ralph better get his **** going and make sure the team stays long after he's gone :rant:

- I would like to finish by saying that you people have an amazing city and surrounding area. Everyone here is nice, the food is great, the prices are cheap, and it feels like a small town. If I wasn't stuck in Texas I'd move here.....

shelby
10-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Off topic...but are you still proposing to your girlfriend at the Bills game tomorrow night?

i officially decree you the scapegoat for the Sabres loss.

Buffalo is a great city with lots to offer. If it weren't so :curse:ing cold most of the time, i would consider living there.

Nighthawk
10-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Off topic...but are you still proposing to your girlfriend at the Bills game tomorrow night?

i officially decree you the scapegoat for the Sabres loss.

Buffalo is a great city with lots to offer. If it weren't so :curse:ing cold most of the time, i would consider living there.

Buffalo is a great city and is starting to come around. Let's hope that it becomes the growing city that we all know it can be.

Mitchy moo
10-07-2007, 09:04 AM
I this global warming crap is real Buffalo is going to be downright balmy in 20 years or so.

hydro
10-07-2007, 09:13 AM
- I think it's pretty safe to say (based on the crowds reaction) that Miller is the most popular player on the Sabres team. Why is that? He gave up a ton of goals the last two games, is it the fault of the rest of the team or is it him? Miller hasn't been on his A game, but i think most of the problem is the lack luster Defense.

Michael82
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Miller hasn't been on his A game, but i think most of the problem is the lack luster Defense.
I totally agree. And the reason why the team is falling apart after the 3rd period is because they are missing the leaders needed to help keep their alert and their heads in the game. Either that, or they need to fire their conditional coach.... :idunno:

Meathead
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
theyre just feeling their way in these early games. they have to establish a new identity and it might take a while

still i have no problem with their effort sat nite. they came in determined and had lots of good chances. they just failed to convert and i think its just chance that they didnt get a couple more, they will start to go in more if they keep playing like that

defense is a problem. they are fantastic at moving the puck but so far they are playing just like last year, losing guys in the slot and failing to clear out guys they do find there. they are a finesse defense and can be exploited by aggressive play. theyre gonna have to get a lot tougher down low or they are going to be in a lot of high scoring games

you cant really fault miller on any goal so far but he also hasnt made too many huge game saving saves either. most of the goals have come from very close in, which is a direct result of soft defense, and once a shooter gets that close its tough to fault the goalie

churchinski
10-07-2007, 07:41 PM
theyre just feeling their way in these early games. they have to establish a new identity and it might take a while

still i have no problem with their effort sat nite. they came in determined and had lots of good chances. they just failed to convert and i think its just chance that they didnt get a couple more, they will start to go in more if they keep playing like that

defense is a problem. they are fantastic at moving the puck but so far they are playing just like last year, losing guys in the slot and failing to clear out guys they do find there. they are a finesse defense and can be exploited by aggressive play. theyre gonna have to get a lot tougher down low or they are going to be in a lot of high scoring games

you cant really fault miller on any goal so far but he also hasnt made too many huge game saving saves either. most of the goals have come from very close in, which is a direct result of soft defense, and once a shooter gets that close its tough to fault the goalie

you don't fault miller on any goal ?