PDA

View Full Version : Injury ends Mack Strong's career

Philagape
10-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Strong's career over because of neck injury

Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Seattle's longtime fullback Mack Strong has a neck injury that will end his career.

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Monday that Strong woke up Sunday feeling tingling in his hands. After getting hit hard twice early in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh, Strong felt his hand and arm going numb, Holmgren said.

An examination determined he has a pinched nerve in his neck. It won't require surgery, but Strong told reporters at Seahawks headquarters here that it will end his career.

The two-time Pro Bowler turned 36 this month, and has spent 15 seasons with the Seahawks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3054911

That's too bad, I loved this guy. He helped make Alexander.

BILLSROCK1212
10-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Strong's career over because of neck injury

Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Seattle's longtime fullback Mack Strong has a neck injury that will end his career.

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Monday that Strong woke up Sunday feeling tingling in his hands. After getting hit hard twice early in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh, Strong felt his hand and arm going numb, Holmgren said.

An examination determined he has a pinched nerve in his neck. It won't require surgery, but Strong told reporters at Seahawks headquarters here that it will end his career.

The two-time Pro Bowler turned 36 this month, and has spent 15 seasons with the Seahawks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3054911

That's too bad, I loved this guy. He helped make Alexander.Not only was he a GREAT football player but he was a great guy off the field too. Sad way to see his career end and although it will take a long time I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the HOF eventually....that may be a stretch but MAYBE.

G. Host
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Great player and yes it will be a stretch for fullbacks are underrated.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I <3 fullbacks