• Aug 2004

this city is cursed

i'm in shock right now.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: this city is cursed

I am too, this city has a serious black cloud floating over it when it comes to sports.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Im not even Buffalonian and I feel cursed.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

There is no such thing as a curse. Everything happens for a reason.

I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

• BSU Drew
          • Feb 2007

the curse = Fairchild

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
            There is no such thing as a curse.

haha, tell that to a Chicago Cubs fan, and then mention Bartman to him.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
              There is no such thing as a curse. Everything happens for a reason.

I'll just leave it at that.
              give me the reason for years of sports futility and I'll believe you. Until then, we're cursed.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                give me the reason for years of sports futility and I'll believe you. Until then, we're cursed.
                The fact that this franchise is run by a man who is 90 years old. That's just one of the reasons, there are probably several. The undue fan support also plays into it.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Man, this one is up there with Music City Miracle, the 21 pt Miami comeback two years ago, etc..

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

There's no curse. That's a victim mentality and defers responsibility for sucking (in sports, and life in general) to some imaginary unforeseen higher power. We have lost because we haven't had the right pieces in place. It's as simple as that.

If we had Bill Belicheck instead of Walt Corey we probably win two Super Bowls. If we had a good quarterback and decent offensive line in 99, maybe we win the Super Bowl. I could go on and on and on, but everything that has happened to Buffalo can be thoroughly analyzed and explained in a logical manner. We haven't won, because we haven't been good enough.
                    I'm keeping the faith that one day we get it right and the Sabres or Bills ultimately get the job done on the biggest stage. I'm Buffalo born so you know I'm in it until the end. :)

Comment

• MarvLevy
                      Can I get some power to give REP?
                      • Jul 2005

Actually this may be F'ed up..but the curse is Ralph Wilson. He keeps hiring the wrong damn people!

Comment

• MarvLevy
                        Can I get some power to give REP?
                        • Jul 2005

The thing that upsets me is that Tampa & New England have won Superbowls..10-15 years ago who would have thought that would happen. This town deserves one!

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                          There's no curse. That's a victim mentality and defers responsibility for sucking (in sports, and life in general) to some imaginary unforeseen higher power. We have lost because we haven't had the right pieces in place. It's as simple as that.

If we had Bill Belicheck instead of Walt Corey we probably win two Super Bowls. If we had a good quarterback and decent offensive line in 99, maybe we win the Super Bowl. I could go on and on and on, but everything that has happened to Buffalo can be thoroughly analyzed and explained in a logical manner. We haven't won, because we haven't been good enough.
                          I'm keeping the faith that one day we get it right and the Sabres or Bills ultimately get the job done on the biggest stage. I'm Buffalo born so you know I'm in it until the end. :)
                          Yeah ok... explain Brett Hull's foot in the crease.... the city of Buffalo is cursed... Explain how almost all of our blue liners 2 years ago we mysteriously hurt when we needed them most? ... the city of Buffalo is cursed...

Music City Forward Pass?

Jauron / Fairchild?

Norfreakin'wood?

There is something keeping Buffalonians down and I have no idea on earth what it is. They say in the end, everything evens out, but I have yet to see anything remotely resemblinga FORTUNATE turn of events for the city of Buffalo.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
                            Yeah ok... explain Brett Hull's foot in the crease.... the city of Buffalo is cursed... Explain how almost all of our blue liners 2 years ago we mysteriously hurt when we needed them most? Carolina cheated and deliberately injured those players, it was a pattern that the league ignored and refused to investigate ... the city of Buffalo is cursed... no it's not.

Music City Forward Pass? If Flutie was in there, that game would've been won.

Jauron / Fairchild? A senile owner

Norfreakin'wood? Better clock management and that game would've been won-- sound familiar?

There is something keeping Buffalonians down and I have no idea on earth what it is. Your smarter counterparts leave this cold, snowy abyss we call Western New York and leave the idiots with no money.

They say in the end, everything evens out, but I have yet to see anything remotely resemblinga FORTUNATE turn of events for the city of Buffalo.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

It's not a curse, but it is the most awful run of luck for any sports town that anyone has ever known. I truly think we all wanted to be in this situation (Bills/Sabres fans) and that in some unknown way we have something to take away from this whole experience... something to learn (on a higher level). As a fan, you can either weather the storm or bail. There's no telling where this thing is headed... whether it will ever lead to the "promised land". All we know is that we have a team(s) that we can continue to wake up every day and cheer for. That's the only guarantee... take it or leave it. If you take it though, don't buy into any curse.

Comment

Working...
                              X