X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

It was Trent's 2nd Game!

The whole lot of you Losman lickers referred to JP "practically a rookie" entering his 3rd season. This guy is right out of college in his 2nd start off the bench. 2 mistakes. Big mistakes, yes, but damn to say he sucks is a stretch.
  • staveoffzombies
    • Sep 2007

Re: It was Trent's 2nd Game!

I agree. Trent looked good tonight. Right up until that interception I was very impressed, even with the lack of a long ball. Even WITH the interception I blame Fairchild much more then I blame Edwards.

We need to keep playing him. This season is a wash, so we might as well see how he performs over the next few games.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

trent holcombe rules!

3 points on offense should move us up from 32nd in the league on offense to 32nd in the league on offense!!!
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

They tried letting Edwards throw the long ball.

Twice in a row.

He got sacked both times.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

and he had time to throw it too.. he held the ball longer than rob johnson on both calls.

but hey.. they were "smart decisions".
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

that was the best performacne i've ever seen by a qb who put up 3points after being gift wrapped the game by the D and the ST

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

The seasoned vet has 10 points in 2+ games!!!

Bring him back!!!!

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                • Dec 2004

Why do we have to bash our own players? Trent was only in his second game. He tried to play the caretaker role and he did well until that brainfart INT. You might have seen a different approach if he hadn't been playing with a lead all game.

I do have some concerns about his over-eagerness to check down to his outlet, but that is to be expected of a damn rookie. I don't know if he's "the answer." But he's been about as productive as JP has this year. I don't really feel one thing or another about either of our qb's. I wish them both the best when they take the field because I want to win. So many of our fans get attached to a certain player and seem to root for his replacement to fail. Anyways, it's obvious at this point that the biggest problem is the offensive coordinator so why are we bashing our QB's again?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

you know, the O ****ed up and the coaches ****ed up. I'm not even thinking about Edwards/Losman right now- neither of them have proven **** yet (although in fairness, Losman has had more chances to prove himself than Edwards).

I'm just furious at how this game ended, rookie QB or not.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Losman probably would have matched Romo's performance with his Keystone cop routine.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
                      Why do we have to bash our own players?
                      Because they don't win games.

And it's time to stop looking to rookies for "the answer." Wer Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Jim Miller or even Doug Flutie rookies that were developed in the system? Of course not. Yet Flutie was the last winning quarterback the Bills have had, Miller was at the helm of Dick Jauron's one winning season, and Warner and Dilfer each led their teams to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                        Because they don't win games.

And it's time to stop looking to rookies for "the answer." Wer Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Jim Miller or even Doug Flutie rookies that were developed in the system? Of course not. Yet Flutie was the last winning quarterback the Bills have had, Miller was at the helm of Dick Jauron's one winning season, and Warner and Dilfer each led their teams to the Super Bowl.
                        Well gee, I can't think of any examples of the opposite

And the veteran QBs we've brought in have done so well too
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
                          The seasoned vet has 10 points in 2+ games!!!

Bring him back!!!!
                          Playing against the Broncos defense and the Steelers defense on the road is a big difference then the Jets. Right after the Everett injury too.

Lets see. Edwards against 2 good teams when the rest of the team was playing good and creating opportunities for the offense like they didn't do the first two game he has scored 10 points also.

So you think it is a good situatiion when the defense hands you the ball at midfield THREE times in the first quarter or so and you don't score any points at all.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Just like Tatonka stated earlier and I have noticed the same thing after three games. Trent Edwards is nothing more right now then a Kelly Holcombe clone. Nothing but dumpoffs and screens that builds up your completion percentage so everyone can say look how accurate they are. That does not score points. The defense sits back and waits for you to complete your three yard pass and then tackles you after 6 yards(at best) and then the drive eventually is halted when you need to make a big play.

Trent Edwards right now is basically David Carr last year after the Texans lost all trust in him. He had a pretty completion % stat line from short passes but not many yards and definitely not many points.

At least Losman can go downfield and score points that can win games for you. We played two difficult defenses the first two weeks along with our mental state of mind after a player suffers paralysis after halftime and our entire team was dominated in all aspects of the game. The defense is actually keeping us in the game early on where we are not down by two scores in the early 2nd quarter and giving a chance to run our offense and make plays. Too bad Kelly Edwards just couldn't make any of them.

I don't want to hear it's his second game. You guys were the ones bragging up last week after the lowly Jets game at home and said that was your proof that he is great and the best QB in the draft this year. That was your evidence that he shouldn't leave the field again this season because of that. Be a man after a bad game and admit he was bad and couldn't even make one play to help win the game for us after all the turnovers. And that interception is THE worse thing ever.

After 3 games of the Trent Edwards era he has 1 TD and 3 INT's. He sure has been great like some want to believe in their fantasy world. That is the problem with some. They can accept mediocrity and think it is good. They see passes complete even though they didn't make a difference in the game but like Kelly Holcomb will get excited about it.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                              Well gee, I can't think of any examples of the opposite
                              So what's your plan, Mr. Brilliant?

Originally posted by Philagape
                              And the veteran QBs we've brought in have done so well too
                              Like who? Kelly Holcomb was a decent QB, he wasn't any worse than Edwards is now. Beyond that, they brought in end-of-career third-stringer Shane Matthews and Craig Nall, who we haven't seen play a regular season game.

Comment

Working...
                              X