X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Trent Edwards has the opposite problem as JP

Trent is very poised in the pocket, but he lacks JP's down the field skills, and the knack for making the big play.

Put them together and you have the perfect QB!

I honestly have no idea who i want to start at QB after the bye week. My emotions say JP, but that is only because of that terrible interception that cost us the game.

Damn...i just cant believe it
  • BiLLSRuLE
    • Dec 2003

Re: Trent Edwards has the opposite problem as JP

JP Edwards!!!

Comment

• Elminster
      #1 Kelsay Fan
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BiLLSRuLE
      JP Edwards!!!
      If only...
      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Huh. Let's not forget he is a rookie. The guy completed 74% of his passes. Grant it I did not watch the game and because I had to work, but damn he is at least finding receivers unlike JP.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

One thing I HAVE noticed is that our TEs are no longer MIA with TE. How ironic. Royal looked solid out there.

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Spaz
            Huh. Let's not forget he is a rookie. The guy completed 74% of his passes. Grant it I did not watch the game and because I had to work, but damn he is at least finding receivers unlike JP.
            He completes so many passes because about 90% of them are checkdowns. He averaged less than six yards per attempt(about 5.7). That's just not very good, sorry.
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

We don't have receivers who can get open downfield. Period. Take out Evans, and the offense is dead.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Give the ball to Nall. Let's see what he's got.

He never got a chance in that sham of a "contest" back in '06. Well, the current path with the O will lead us nowhere, so we might as well give this guy the shot at the starting job we promised him.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Because his passes or 3 yards from the line of scrimmage. Taking chances and/or throwing the ball downfield will obviously lower your percentage but will net you big plays that make a difference.

Holcomb completed about 68% in Buffalo. David Carr had almost 69% last year too for an entire season and not three games. Were they good QB's? They had them because they played scared football and didn't trust themselves to make plays downfield.

Also the completion percentage in the entire league is up this year because of new rules coming into effect. The difference is the good QB's like Brady, ect, can have these great percentages while still making plays.

It's not hard to find an open receiver when you throw the ball to the line of scrimmage. It doesn't help your team or offense score many points though.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
                    One thing I HAVE noticed is that our TEs are no longer MIA with TE. How ironic. Royal looked solid out there.
                    They are not MIA anymore because he can't get the ball downfield or make the passes to his WR's on a regular basis so he is just dumping off to his RB's and TE's. Holcomb had a lot more passes to his TE's and RB's too. That would be a valid point if the WR's were getting balls too and that means plays were being made. Just checking down to RB's and TE's for 7 yards doesn't make for a great offense.

Comment

Working...
                    X