PDA

View Full Version : If your leading by 8 points and have a sure FG you should....

Mitchy moo
10-08-2007, 11:55 PM
???????????????

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 12:38 AM
What do you do?

Meathead
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
if youre a TOTAL ***KING ****** WHO SHOULDNT EVEN BE COACHING SPECIAL OLYMPICS FOOTBALL you call a downfield pass

otherwise you run

we will now take questions

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 01:01 AM
OK, so you feel the same way.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Id call a pass but not the one they called, Id call a fade route to Evans put it only where he can catch it or the ball goes out of bounds. I dont put it in my rookie RB's hands we were already centered in the middle of the field. The call to pass didnt bother me, the pass play itself was bull****.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 01:04 AM
UNLIKE HERM EDWARDS DICK PLAYS TO LOSE THE GAME

ParanoidAndroid
10-09-2007, 01:49 AM
A TD would likely have sealed the game right there, making it a 16 point lead. There was still enough time left on the clock for the Cowboys to score twice but the TD forces them to make two, 2-pt. conversions. As for Edwards, nine times out of ten, I bet he makes that throw, but the LB made a nice play on it. It wasn't a bad call. The throw was a bit low allowing for the deflection but the receiver was open.
If they ran and kicked the field goal and then Dallas did score twice to win the game, it would have been the coaches fault for playing conservatively.

The offense needs help. One more legitimate receiving threat and things will open up. We need a legit #2 receiver.

Dallas is simply more talented. Six turnovers and a TOP advantage at home.....I wonder how many times a team loses with those factors. 3 points from the offense. :ill:

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 02:03 AM
A TD would likely have sealed the game right there, making it a 16 point lead. There was still enough time left on the clock for the Cowboys to score twice but the TD forces them to make two, 2-pt. conversions. As for Edwards, nine times out of ten, I bet he makes that throw, but the LB made a nice play on it. It wasn't a bad call. The throw was a bit low allowing for the deflection but the receiver was open.
If they ran and kicked the field goal and then Dallas did score twice to win the game, it would have been the coaches fault for playing conservatively.

The offense needs help. One more legitimate receiving threat and things will open up. We need a legit #2 receiver.

Dallas is simply more talented. Six turnovers and a TOP advantage at home.....I wonder how many times a team loses with those factors. 3 points from the offense. :ill:

pain.

odin
10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
To be fair, that was a terrible decision by TE and completely against what he had been doing all night. That pass was going to get picked off even if it wasn't tipped.

BillsFever21
10-09-2007, 02:13 AM

Dallas wasn't scoring no twice more in the game. It was a horrible call. In a shootout you may go for it. In a game where the opponent's QB couldn't get out of his own way you kick the FG. What a surprise that three plays after that INT Romo turns it over again. A horriible call. Just like in Week 1 but only worse.

Not even a good coach but only a decent competent coach that knows how to coach on gameday and secure a lead for win would be 3-2 right now. We wern't winning the Steelers or Patriots but would've also put on a better showing.

We could be 3-2 and in the hunt instead we are not 1-4 and our season is done. Five weeks into the year and our season is done. Thanks a lot you freaking Dick.

Not to mention this was a very important stretch for our team and season. A stretch of 3 in a row adn 4 out of 5 at home. A stretch where we need to go 3-1 to have any hope. After this stretch we have 3 home games left. This was the kind of stretch we need to go 4-1 or certaintly not worse then 3-2 on to have any hope for the season and a good home record. I guess if one thinks we can win the next three against the Ravens, Jets and Bengals it can turn out alright. Even if we did this was still another game thrown down the tubes like week 1. We should be 3-2 and one game over .500. Instead we would need to win the next 4 games to be 1 game over .500

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Dallas wasn't scoring no twice more in the game. It was a horrible call. In a shootout you may go for it. In a game where the opponent's QB couldn't get out of his own way you kick the FG. What a surprise that three plays after that INT Romo turns it over again. A horriible call. Just like in Week 1 but only worse.

Not even a good coach but only a decent competent coach that knows how to coach on gameday and secure a lead for win would be 3-2 right now. We wern't winning the Steelers or Patriots but would've also put on a better showing.

We could be 3-2 and in the hunt instead we are not 1-4 and our season is done. Five weeks into the year and our season is done. Thanks a lot you freaking Dick.

Not to mention this was a very important stretch for our team and season. A stretch of 3 in a row adn 4 out of 5 at home. A stretch where we need to go 3-1 to have any hope. After this stretch we have 3 home games left. This was the kind of stretch we need to go 4-1 or certaintly not worse then 3-2 on to have any hope for the season and a good home record. I guess if one thinks we can win the next three against the Ravens, Jets and Bengals it can turn out alright. Even if we did this was still another game thrown down the tubes like week 1. We should be 3-2 and one game over .500. Instead we would need to win the next 4 games to be 1 game over .500

We played to fail, no doubt about it.

jamze132
10-09-2007, 04:16 AM
No way in hell should Fagchild have called for a pass in that situation. Run the ball right op the middle, take what you can get, and kick the FG.

YardRat
10-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Open up the playbook.

/sarcasm off.

casdhf
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't have thrown an interception.

Historian
10-09-2007, 07:18 AM
The only thing that surprizes me is that he didn't take an intentional safety.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 07:46 AM

There is no way he makes that throw 9 out of 10 times. If the LB didnt tip it Newman was still cutting in front to either pick it or atleast knock it down. It was a horrible throw and decision. He completes that pass maybe 1 or 2 times out of 10.