PDA

View Full Version : Ok I want everyone to take part in this....

Mahdi
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Let's all close our eyes and imagine..... that instead of Trents pass getting tipped and picked off, its completed and we get the first down on the 5 yard line. However we still dont get into the endzone and we settle for the short 3. Of course that means Dallas needs a TD to beat us which doesnt happen because time doesnt allow. Now, how do you feel about:

1) Our defensive performance

2) Trend Edwards

3) play calling

4) Overall game plan.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Dallas would have scored a TD, kicked and onside kick, and scored another TD. Then to rub it in, they would score another TD off another onside kick, followed by a 2 pt conversion.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Dallas would have scored a TD, kicked and onside kick, and scored another TD. Then to rub it in, they would score another TD off another onside kick, followed by a 2 pt conversion.

TheBrownBear
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Let's all close our eyes and imagine..... that instead of Trents pass getting tipped and picked off, its completed and we get the first down on the 5 yard line. However we still dont get into the endzone and we settle for the short 3. Of course that means Dallas needs a TD to beat us which doesnt happen because time doesnt allow. Now, how do you feel about:

2) Trend Edwards

3) play calling

4) Overall game plan.

Problem is, that didn't happen and we lost. What if Romo hadn't drunk a bottle of scotch before the game and thrown 5 picks?

I do get what you are getting at though. Now that I've had a chance to cool off there are a lot of positives to take from this game.

-The defense played great. They really seem to be coming around. Dallas has an explosive offense and our defense frustrated the hell out of them until midway in the fourth quarter when they began to tire. Greer looks like a real playmaker and despite all the hate he gets on this board, DiGeorgio played as well as you would hope for given his skill level. Oh, and the run D was generally really great tonight.

-Trent Edwards. Outside of those two series in the fourth when Trent seemed to meltdown, he played with great poise for a rookie and was a big story in the "Buffalo upset" that everyone (outside of Bills fans of course) believed was going to occur. He would have been a hero if we run the ball and kick that field goal and Lindell makes the field goal at the end of the half, or hell, even if Dockery doesn't hold and we get that 1st down at the Dallas 12 yard line.

- I thought Josh Reed stepped up and made some nice plays tonight. Looks like he's finally got the dropsies behind him.

Unfortunately, since we lost, most of us will only remember the negatives. The bad O playcalling in the 4th. Dick's decision to kick the 54 yd fg at the half. Edwards telegraphed INT. The onside kick. But we are making progress and we always compete. I just wished we could win some of these games.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 12:34 AM
D Rocked.

Trent was solid for a rookie, but not spectacular and choked when it mattered most.

Play calling was improved in the first half but failed to adjust in the 2nd half.

Overall game plan: Cowboy's O was well scouted. Our O was still lackluster against their D.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Does everyone realize that the only reason that pass was intercepted is that it got tipped? Otherwise it would have been completed easily to Evans. It wasnt a bad read at all. It was the right read, just unfortunate.

Tatonka
10-09-2007, 08:03 AM
the linebacker was right there.. he is lucky the LB didnt take it to the house instead of the CB almost doing it.

Tatonka
10-09-2007, 08:04 AM
that being said.. i dont hate TE like i felt like last night..

but i still think losman needs to go back in for now.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
that being said.. i dont hate TE like i felt like last night..

but i still think losman needs to go back in for now.
Look if Losman goes back in and plays well I have no problems with that. But he has to prove that he can manage the pocket as well as TE can. Because the fact that TE kept the chains moving and our D off the field last night was a HUGE factor in our almost winning. Unfortunately I dont think he had any help from Lynch and the OL. And I realize Lynch is the golden boy that cant be touched right now but he didnt do his part and neither did the OL in terms of run blocking. Lynch had no where to run all day.

acehole
10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
What does this mean? I am finding myself agreeing with opy 1000% ?

D Rocked.

Trent was solid for a rookie, but not spectacular and choked when it mattered most.

Play calling was improved in the first half but failed to adjust in the 2nd half.

Overall game plan: Cowboy's O was well scouted. Our O was still lackluster against their D.

Wraith
10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Look if Losman goes back in and plays well I have no problems with that. But he has to prove that he can manage the pocket as well as TE can. Because the fact that TE kept the chains moving and our D off the field last night was a HUGE factor in our almost winning. Unfortunately I dont think he had any help from Lynch and the OL. And I realize Lynch is the golden boy that cant be touched right now but he didnt do his part and neither did the OL in terms of run blocking. Lynch had no where to run all day.

Keeping the D off the field was the key to almost winning? Considering the Defense scored more than four times as many points last night as our Offense, maybe they should have let them on the field a little more.

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM

Very impressive. They really confused Romo and made big plays. Can't say enough good things about them, especially given they were so short-handed they were using a converted WR at FS.

2) Trend Edwards

I was very impressed. Showed a lot of poise for a rookie. Has great mechanics and tries to execute the play as called. Goes through his progressions and gets rid of the ball. The Bills put a lot of pressure on Edwards in that game, and for the most part he delivered. I think the biggest disapointment on offense was the lack of a consistent running game. That was the reason they couldn't score, because they created poor down-and-distance on 3rd downs. That led to a 3-for-13 conversion rate.

Still, Edwards is a bright spot in my opinion. People need to temper their enthusiasm and realize he is just a rookie and is going to make some mistakes, but he looks like he has a chance to be a good one. A more effective run game will make him better.

3) play calling

I don't think the Bills coaching staff had a lot of confidence in the running game. They probably called the game a little too pass-heavy (31 passes to 24 runs), especially with the lead. However, I think they are working with what they have.

4) Overall game plan.

When you lose, people tend to blame the coaches. I think the coaches had the team prepared and ready to play and deserve a lot of credit, especially for the job they did confusing Romo and getting turnovers. I think they made a dumb decision going for the FG late in the game and giving Dallas good field position, but overall I don't think the coaching staff is as big a problem as people think.

Ultimately, I think the players believe in the coaches and they are doing as well as they can with the injuries they have had. I think as the team adds more talented players in the draft the coaching will look better.

dannyek71
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
what if...what if....what if.....

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Does everyone realize that the only reason that pass was intercepted is that it got tipped? Otherwise it would have been completed easily to Evans. It wasnt a bad read at all. It was the right read, just unfortunate.

THere is no way, if the LB does not tip that pass Neman is still there to pick it or knock it away. I watched that play atleast 5 times. Dallas was all over that play. And who seriously calls a hitch route when you know Dallas is going to be in Cover 2 zone? The zone is designed to take away longer hitch/hook routes. Bad pass, bad play calling.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
i still hate our coaches.

i still dont want to sign up for check down football

and i still realize alot needs to change

and i realize our special teams are great except for one botched onside

imbondz
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM

the only reason that pass got tipped was because it was terrible play calling in that situation. run the ball and get as close as you can for the game winning FG.

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 09:54 AM
the only reason that pass got tipped was because it was terrible play calling in that situation. run the ball and get as close as you can for the game winning FG.

It was a bad call. However, I think they were trying to be aggressive and score the TD.

In the end, it is just one play. I think a bigger problem was the lack of a running game.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Let's all close our eyes and imagine..... that instead of Trents pass getting tipped and picked off, its completed and we get the first down on the 5 yard line. .
it still would've gotten picked off because he stared Evans all the way down. The minute he let go of that ball, I knew it was gonna get picked.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
it still would've gotten picked off because he stared Evans all the way down. The minute he let go of that ball, I knew it was gonna get picked.
You know how much velocity is taken off a tipped ball? It may have looked like it was picked all the way... but when its going that slow of course it looks worse than it is. Evans would definitely have a shot at it if it was straight on course.

trapezeus
10-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Now, how do you feel about:

Defense was impressive. They stood tough and backed up their talk during the week. it makes you wonder how good the defense can be when healthy and when given a chance to walk off the field for a couple good drives that lead to points.

2) Trend Edwards
I was ok with him. he was conservative and poised. but i do worry that he could potentially be another holcomb. but we don't know that until we actually have 2 legit receivers.

3) play calling
Terrible Offensive play calling. I was saying that in the third quarter. on 6 TO, we need to score more than 3 points. It should have been a rout. We should have beaten these guys by the middle of the second quarter. but the running game and run blocking is beyond atrocious.
4) Overall game plan.
Defense looked good. Offense didn't. And the game plan should be dynamic and not static. when the game's situations changed, the bills didn't adapt to win. And that is on the coaches.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
You know how much velocity is taken off a tipped ball? It may have looked like it was picked all the way... but when its going that slow of course it looks worse than it is. Evans would definitely have a shot at it if it was straight on course.
First off all it should've been an INT upon first contact. Since the defender screwed up it then fell into the hands of another defender. It was a horrible throw from the start. Stop making excuses for him. He'll be a good one but that was a horrible rookie mistake all the way.

Don't Panic
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM

2) Trend Edwards

3) play calling

4) Overall game plan.

1) About as much as you could expect from a D as depleted as this one. A little more pressure on Romo would have been nice, but we only rushed 4 a lot of the night so its hard to expect much more.

2) Once again... about as much as you could expect. The 4th qtr pick was a glaring blotch on an otherwise solid game, but I know for sure that wasn't his play call. I couldn't believe we were passing in that situation.

3) Not awful but definitely questionable. I completely understand being conservative, but why then are we trying reverses and passing plays on the opponents 10 yard line in the 4th qtr. with an 8 point lead? Those two are hard to look past.

4) Sound. Conservative, ball hawking on D... let Romo make the mistakes and pounce when he does. Not bad overall. We were a few calls away from beating them by 14.

***Note - We need to keep it in perspective that we performed well against an undefeated, top 5 team. That in itself is an accomplishment.