PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Washington

JefftheBillsfan
03-25-2003, 04:36 PM
If Washington slips to our round 2...would you take him?

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Who dat?

EM Bills Fan 80
03-25-2003, 04:42 PM
WR from Tennessee, had some injury problems. Is everything okay with him? If so, I think its a definate possibility.

JefftheBillsfan
03-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Ive heard rumors he's healthy...Terrell Owens anyone?

lunatic_bills_fan
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
I heard a lot of Washingtons' attitudes being compared to Randy Moss', not sure how true that is though.

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 04:54 PM
If we get one of those stud DT or DE's then I say hell yeah this guy has all the physical attributes speed size and strength. If he has mental probelms Moulds and reed cam take him in the back of the field house and beat the ***** out of...lol:)! The guy sure has skills though if healthy. Go Bills!

venis2k1
03-25-2003, 05:38 PM
He has a Major attitude problem.

Dicknoze69
03-25-2003, 06:32 PM
yes he is a major attitude problem. He's one of the best physical specimens in the draft. A huge matchup problem for most DB's. Is also a burner but he's very raw. Would have been a first rounder had be come out for the draft last year. He's also sustained a knee injury and the recent neck injury.

I think he'll probably be gone by our 2nd round pick, but if he's there he could be an intruiging pick. He is a high-risk high-reward type player. He had a pretty good pro day. I think I would probably avoid him but if he fell far enough I would take a chance on him.

Tatonka
03-25-2003, 10:35 PM
i will say this now.. he is going to be that guy that everyone goes.. "DAMN.. we passed on him in the first round.. now look what he is doing"

i believe he will be a stud.. you guys would love him if he brought his "attitude" here.. you guys dont have any substantial evidence that he has an "attitude"... you have just read reports that say that.. how can you know whether attitude translates to very confident in his abililties and wanting to be the guy who makes the plays..

he is almost a clone of moulds.. moulds was "rumored" to have an "attitude" too.. because he got a pizza delivered to practice as a joke..

i think this stuff gets so blown out of proportion..

the guy checked out healthy.. completely healthy.. and has performed great in workouts..

he has EVERYTHING he needs to be a stud.. height - 6'2", size 220 pounds, speed - low 4.4s, "attitude"... i heard terrell owens and moss have attitudes to.. and they win ball games.

Tatonka
03-25-2003, 10:37 PM
PROJECTION:

Tennessee Titans

Round 1, Pick 28

TSN Photo

School: Tennessee
Position: WR
Overall: 7.8
NFL Comparison:
Randy Moss, Vikings
Positional rankings:
...all WR rankings

KELLEY WASHINGTON MEASURABLES
Height: 6-2 Weight: 223
40-yard dash: 4.42 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 10-9 225 lb. bench: 18
3-cone drill: Vertical jump: 40
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash:

Player evaluation:
Kelley Washington
War Room analysis
Hands: Has big, soft hands and long arms. Is a natural pass-catcher. Makes catches on the run and in traffic. Outjumps most defensive backs. A concern is concentration. Drops some catchable passes; takes eyes off the ball and tries to get upfield too soon. Grade: 7.8

Patterns: Is big, strong and physical with good speed. Is a matchup problem for most defensive backs. Uses body well to shield defenders from the ball. Is raw at understanding coverages and running routes. Doesn't set up defenders well. Tends to tip off his routes. Rounds off many routes. Grade: 7.4

Run after catch: Runs like Randy Moss after the catch. Is a long strider with excellent change-of-direction skills, vision and explosion. Shows good body control and eludes defenders in traffic. Must do a better job of getting upfield; dances too much and tries to cut back across the grain. Despite lack of elite speed, shows a second gear in the open field and rarely loses a foot race. Grade: 8.0

Release: Is tough to jam at the line. Is sudden; has good initial quickness. Has a strong upper body. Consistently gets a clean release. Drives defensive backs off the line with burst, size and power. Grade: 7.7

Blocking: Doesn't give a consistent effort. Tips off plays (run or pass) in his stance. Has the size and strength to be good in this area, but shows poor technique and desire. Lacks leverage. Struggles to drive legs and sustain blocks. Takes marginal angles. Grade: 6.7

Bottom line: Washington, a late bloomer, is the complete physical package. He has good size, leaping ability, strength, hands, body control and speed. There are some major concerns, however. He is very raw. He is arrogant and can become a team distraction. Long-term durability is a question after his recent neck surgery and past knee injury. Washington has all the tools, but he is a big risk. He could be drafted as early as the late first round or as late as Day 2.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a mystery as a player, but has elite size and athletic ability. Is strong and explosive, and can jump. Has good hands. Has a baseball background and, at 23, has not played much football. Still is learning the position. Is an extremely hard worker. Has not been productive, and did not get along with college teammates. Has a history of injuries, including a neck problem that could drop his stock.
Pompei WR ranking: No. 6.

Voltron
03-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Well I say lets see what Ingtar says. I believe he would know best :D

Dicknoze69
03-25-2003, 11:20 PM
His potential is definetely off the charts, there's no doubt. You do have a point that sometimes peoples attitudes are overplayed, like Moulds. Definetely a high-risk, high-reward type player. I think his attitude is a little more than most people, including TO. Take a look at this article from ESPN the Magazine, and tell me what you think.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no20washington.html

Ingtar33
03-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Well,

I have Washington graded as the same tallent type as Randy Moss... Big risk (more injury than 'tude... Moss had such a well know 'tude problem it helped him fall to the Vikes, Washington is no where near that bad), but huge potential payoff. Had he not been hurt, he would have been the best WR in this draft, as he is a natural deep threat... while Rogers is a sure thing (but not incredibly explosive), and Andre Johnson has speed (but is akward catching the ball), for my money (in the late first round) you could do much worst than Washington.

Right now in my book, I have Washington graded out as a top 5 talent (without the injury and attitude problems), when those are factored in he falls to a mid 1st round buy, and a late 1st round steal.

Tatonka
03-26-2003, 12:25 AM
great minds think alike :D

Tatonka
03-26-2003, 12:26 AM
the guy does look just like moss when he is breaking a long one.. those gazelle strides.

you just know when someone goes gazelle on you.. your not catching him... :lol:

LVGrown
03-26-2003, 01:56 AM
i dont know about someone that calls himself "The Future" meshing too well with Eric Moulds. He is gonna want to be #1 just like Price and pretty much said its all about the money in that article. The Bills would groom him and deal with all his rookie and 2nd, 3rd years problems ... then he will have a great 4th year and bounce out of here the first chance he gets. I like his attitude, its good to be cocky, but I just dont see him meshing well with Moulds and Reed who are in it for more then the money!

Erin:gobills:

The Spaz
03-26-2003, 06:51 AM
This guy will be picked in the 2nd Rnd final answer....lol:)! Go Bills!