PDA

View Full Version : How our Coordinators lost it for us.

Oaf
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Two places where our coaches singlehandedly blow the game, both within 15 seconds of each other.

1. April drops the ball

Did anyone notice the personnel on the onside kick. Now when good teams face this, you consistently see Donald Driver, Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, and Larry Fitzgerald fielding this kicks. So why the **** do we have Whitner standing by himself to field the kick, with McGee 15 yards behind him, and Gaines and Royal trying to block in front of him.

Like it or not, best ST coach in the NFL, that gaffe is on April and Whitner never should have been back there. Would have like to seen Thomas and Neufeld up front with Peters (former TE) with Reed and Evans back there to field.

2. Fewell's ****up

With 7 seconds to go, why do you not line the sidelines with your Dbacks? Rush 3, keep a LB, two safeties for the deep sidelines, and FIVE DBACKS ON THE SHORT/INTERMEDIATE SIDELINES. Then they either have to score or jump over our guys into the sidelines. And even if the Cowboys are rushing to the LOS to call the play, you call a timeout because you're obviously not prepared. Honestly, did we not play a cover 3 on that horrendous play?

If we stop them here, Greer is a nominee for DPOTW again, and McGee on Special teams.

Conclusion:

We all know the bumbles and disasters of Fairchild, but this loss goes equally on the other two coordinators as well. I thought Jauron made good decisions this game, but if he has to go down to rid ourselves of dunces like Fairchild and Fewell, so be it, and lets hire something competitive on the NFL level rather than the Pee Wees.

Throne Logic
10-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Interesting point on the "good hands" team. Still, if it were not for Bobby April and his squads, this game would have been very, very different.

feldspar
10-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Sure, the Defense and Special Teams buckled at the end, but I can't heap too much blame on them. They scored 21 points in this game.

I really don't know who to blame for this loss.

You could blame Dockery for holding, which brought us out of field goal range if you wanted to.

You could blame McGee for dropping an easy interception at the end of the game.

You could blame Edwards for throwing an interception at the Dallas 11 yard line, but I'd prefer to blame the person calling that play. We could have been ahead by 11 with 9 minutes to go had we just run the damn ball.

You could blame the special teams for giving up the onside kick.

The list goes on.

Just stupid little frustrating things that shouldn't have happened.

Our defensive and special teams coaches are the ones that had us in the game to begin with, and they buckled in the end. To me, they did a hell of a job keeping us in the game to begin with, especially considering the fact we were playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers on D...not to mention the fact that, with all of our injuries, many of our special teams players are starting, which tires them out when they do play special teams.

jamze132
10-09-2007, 03:38 AM
I'm not going to blame any player for the less. It lands squarely on the shoulders of Jauron and Fairchild. I am not even going to blame Fewell.

When you are in FG range, with the lead, and the game is almost over, you run the ball and kick the ****ing fieldgoal instead of trying to outhink everyone again. And look what happened. INT! I don't blame Edwards for the ill-advised throw, which was tipped anyway, I completely blame Fairchild for calling such a boneheaded play to begin with. WTF??????

And Dick... at the end of the half, on the borderline of fg range, you attempt to kick one. He misses and you give the Cowboys 7 less yards needed. If you go for it or punt, they probably don't get the FG before the half.

If I had to pick one player to be disapointed with, it's hard to do so but I would have to say McGee. If he didn't take that kickoff to the house, this would be an easy decision. You dropped TWO (2) picks that hit you square in the hands. We can't allow that.

But you would think that 6 ****ing turnovers would win you a game. Nice playcalling Fairchild.

don137
10-09-2007, 05:44 AM
The fact is this team found a way to lose again. Its that simple. Between the personnel brought in by management through drafts or FA and the coaching staff this team finds a way to take defeat from the jaws of victory.

feldspar
10-09-2007, 05:46 AM
this team finds a way to take defeat from the jaws of victory.

I knew someone was going to use this cliche.

YardRat
10-09-2007, 06:00 AM
There's enough blame to spread around for everybody.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm going to blame myself, for not being there to throw eggs at the boys bus.

Oaf
10-09-2007, 11:53 AM
There's enough blame to spread around for everybody.
I don't know about that. If April, OR Fairchild, OR Fewell had held their jock strap for merely ONE more play, this game would have been ours.

JD
10-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Fewell and Jauron worked together with Detroit, they too called for Jaurons head. It is his time to move on.

Peace Jauron, GTFO!

Johnny Bugmenot
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Fewell and Jauron worked together with Detroit, they too called for Jaurons head. It is his time to move on.

And it turns out it wasn't Jauron's fault after all. It was Millen.