X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NHL Network, Already Available in Canada, Launches in U.S.

NEW YORK (AP) -The NHL is launching its own network in the United States. The NHL Network, which has been available in Canada since 2001, will begin airing this month through carriage agreements with Cablevision, Comcast, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Dish Network and Time Warner Cable.

I think I just came on myself..

• LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SabreEleven

I think I just came on myself..

Again??

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

It happens...that is what socks are for.

Comment

• Myers57
        Registered User and McLovin stunt double
        • Sep 2003

i just ruined my keyboard too...

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Good point!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Cool, now I have the Big Ten Network and the NHL Network

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

October 30th to Thanksgiving for Cox (Fairfax/NoVA willbe getting it on the 30th)
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                October 30th to Thanksgiving for Cox (Fairfax/NoVA willbe getting it on the 30th)
                I'm in Fairfax and I have DirecTV, so I should already have it according to that press release.

Cox sucks- my parents have them for HD and constantly have problems with the signal.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

I have DishNetwork and I can't find it either....yet

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

I haven't heard anything about this being added to our lineup and I have Time Warner...

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Sucks Cox
                      FIXT!
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Oh

My

God

The day is not ruined after all. Thank you NHL. **** you Dick Jauron.
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jan 2004

If you have TW you aren't getting it anytime soon here's why:

TWC can't find room for NHL Network
                          Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business

The NHL Network, a 24-hour network whose focus is on the National Hockey League, may find itself frozen out of the Buffalo cable TV market.

The NHL Network Monday announced deals with a number of cable companies and satellite and dish TV suppliers to carry its programming, including Time Warner Cable. The deal gives the NHL network access to more than 75 million homes.

Despite the recently-signed national deal, for now it appears the NHL Network will not be carried locally by Time Warner Cable, which has 310,000 subscribers in Western New York..

"It's something we need to decide locally," said Robin Wolfgang, Time Warner's local spokesperson. "It's under consideration, but we won't carry it immediately. It's a matter of finding room and bandwidth."

The Buffalo market is considered one the top viewing markets in the U.S. for the NHL, a league which traditionally has suffered from low TV ratings.

The NHL Network, which debuted in Canada in 2001, will be carried in both the U.S. and Canada. The programming in the two countries will be similar, although a different set of games may be shown in the U.S.

Besides Time Warner, the NHL Network has also cut carriage deals with Cablevision, Cox Communications, Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network.

also get this I don't get Sabres games in HD, I live in Akron which is part of Erie County but I get TWC's Rochester channel line-up but when I make my check payable to TWC it goes to the Buffalo offices not the Rochester offices of TWC...go figure.
                          Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 10-09-2007, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            If you have TW you aren't getting it anytime soon here's why:

TWC can't find room for NHL Network
                            Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business

The NHL Network, a 24-hour network whose focus is on the National Hockey League, may find itself frozen out of the Buffalo cable TV market.

The NHL Network Monday announced deals with a number of cable companies and satellite and dish TV suppliers to carry its programming, including Time Warner Cable. The deal gives the NHL network access to more than 75 million homes.

Despite the recently-signed national deal, for now it appears the NHL Network will not be carried locally by Time Warner Cable, which has 310,000 subscribers in Western New York..

"It's something we need to decide locally," said Robin Wolfgang, Time Warner's local spokesperson. "It's under consideration, but we won't carry it immediately. It's a matter of finding room and bandwidth."

The Buffalo market is considered one the top viewing markets in the U.S. for the NHL, a league which traditionally has suffered from low TV ratings.

The NHL Network, which debuted in Canada in 2001, will be carried in both the U.S. and Canada. The programming in the two countries will be similar, although a different set of games may be shown in the U.S.

Besides Time Warner, the NHL Network has also cut carriage deals with Cablevision, Cox Communications, Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network.

also get this I don't get Sabres games in HD, I live in Akron which is part of Erie County but I get TWC's Rochester channel line-up but when I make my check payable to TWC it goes to the Buffalo offices not the Rochester offices of TWC...go figure.
                            That's fine for the Buffalo folks, but we're not all from Buffalo here either...
                            I can't find any info about TWC down here carrying it or not.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Time Warner is going to carry it?!?!?! That must be a first, an actual sports channel Time Warner is carrying.

Comment

Working...
                              X