PDA

View Full Version : YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SabreEleven
10-09-2007, 12:35 AM
NHL Network, Already Available in Canada, Launches in U.S.

NEW YORK (AP) -The NHL is launching its own network in the United States. The NHL Network, which has been available in Canada since 2001, will begin airing this month through carriage agreements with Cablevision, Comcast, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Dish Network and Time Warner Cable.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/10082007/v8809.html

I think I just came on myself..

LtFinFan66
10-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Again??

SabreEleven
10-09-2007, 12:41 AM
It happens...that is what socks are for.

Myers57
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
i just ruined my keyboard too...

LtFinFan66
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Good point!!

LtFinFan66
10-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Cool, now I have the Big Ten Network and the NHL Network:up:

SkateZilla
10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
October 30th to Thanksgiving for Cox (Fairfax/NoVA willbe getting it on the 30th)

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 01:03 AM
October 30th to Thanksgiving for Cox (Fairfax/NoVA willbe getting it on the 30th)

I'm in Fairfax and I have DirecTV, so I should already have it according to that press release.

Cox sucks- my parents have them for HD and constantly have problems with the signal.

SabreEleven
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I have DishNetwork and I can't find it either....yet

BlackMetalNinja
10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I haven't heard anything about this being added to our lineup and I have Time Warner... :idunno:

hydro
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Sucks Cox

FIXT!

JD
10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh

My

God

The day is not ruined after all. Thank you NHL. **** you Dick Jauron.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-09-2007, 11:47 AM
If you have TW you aren't getting it anytime soon here's why:

TWC can't find room for NHL Network
Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business

The NHL Network, a 24-hour network whose focus is on the National Hockey League, may find itself frozen out of the Buffalo cable TV market.

The NHL Network Monday announced deals with a number of cable companies and satellite and dish TV suppliers to carry its programming, including Time Warner Cable. The deal gives the NHL network access to more than 75 million homes.

Despite the recently-signed national deal, for now it appears the NHL Network will not be carried locally by Time Warner Cable, which has 310,000 subscribers in Western New York..

"It's something we need to decide locally," said Robin Wolfgang, Time Warner's local spokesperson. "It's under consideration, but we won't carry it immediately. It's a matter of finding room and bandwidth."

The Buffalo market is considered one the top viewing markets in the U.S. for the NHL, a league which traditionally has suffered from low TV ratings.

The NHL Network, which debuted in Canada in 2001, will be carried in both the U.S. and Canada. The programming in the two countries will be similar, although a different set of games may be shown in the U.S.

Besides Time Warner, the NHL Network has also cut carriage deals with Cablevision, Cox Communications, Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network.

also get this I don't get Sabres games in HD, I live in Akron which is part of Erie County but I get TWC's Rochester channel line-up but when I make my check payable to TWC it goes to the Buffalo offices not the Rochester offices of TWC...go figure.

BlackMetalNinja
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
If you have TW you aren't getting it anytime soon here's why:

TWC can't find room for NHL Network
Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business

The NHL Network, a 24-hour network whose focus is on the National Hockey League, may find itself frozen out of the Buffalo cable TV market.

The NHL Network Monday announced deals with a number of cable companies and satellite and dish TV suppliers to carry its programming, including Time Warner Cable. The deal gives the NHL network access to more than 75 million homes.

Despite the recently-signed national deal, for now it appears the NHL Network will not be carried locally by Time Warner Cable, which has 310,000 subscribers in Western New York..

"It's something we need to decide locally," said Robin Wolfgang, Time Warner's local spokesperson. "It's under consideration, but we won't carry it immediately. It's a matter of finding room and bandwidth."

The Buffalo market is considered one the top viewing markets in the U.S. for the NHL, a league which traditionally has suffered from low TV ratings.

The NHL Network, which debuted in Canada in 2001, will be carried in both the U.S. and Canada. The programming in the two countries will be similar, although a different set of games may be shown in the U.S.

Besides Time Warner, the NHL Network has also cut carriage deals with Cablevision, Cox Communications, Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network.

also get this I don't get Sabres games in HD, I live in Akron which is part of Erie County but I get TWC's Rochester channel line-up but when I make my check payable to TWC it goes to the Buffalo offices not the Rochester offices of TWC...go figure.

That's fine for the Buffalo folks, but we're not all from Buffalo here either...
I can't find any info about TWC down here carrying it or not.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Time Warner is going to carry it?!?!?! That must be a first, an actual sports channel Time Warner is carrying.

pjw
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
From what i have read end of month for DirecTV, saw it on DBS talk.

JD
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Time Warner is a bunch of idiots if they cant make room for the NHL Network in Buffalo. Take out BET.

SkateZilla
10-10-2007, 12:18 AM
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-26-2007/0004670369&EDATE=

Cox to Also Launch Much-Anticipated NHL Network

HERNDON, Va., Sept. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Cox Communications Northern
Virginia announced today the launch of NFL Network HD. The network is now
available on Cox Cable channel 718 on the Digital Sports & Info Tier for
Fairfax County and Fredericksburg-area customers with HD set-top boxes. NFL
Network offers more high definition programming than ever before, including
major events such as Super Bowl Week, AFC and NFC Championship Week, and
the NFL Draft, all presented in stunning high-definition.
"Our valued customers have made it clear to us that they want more
high- definition programming, which is why we continue to aggressively add
to our suite of HD content," said Janet Barnard, vice president and region
manager for Cox Northern Virginia. "We're thrilled to offer NFL Network HD,
which we believe will make being a football fan more enjoyable and
compelling than ever."
In addition to a variety of exclusive programming, the following eight
primetime regular season games will be featured on NFL Network HD:
-- Colts at Falcons Thursday, Nov. 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Packers at Cowboys Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Bears at Redskins Thursday, Dec. 6, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Broncos at Texans Thursday, Dec. 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Bengals at 49ers Saturday, Dec. 15, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Steelers at Rams Thursday, Dec. 20, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Cowboys at Panthers Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
-- Patriots at Giants Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007 at 8:15 PM ET
Effective October 30, Cox will also launch the NHL Network, featuring
24- hour hockey coverage including live games. The network's signature show
-- NHL On The Fly -- offers hockey fans exclusive coverage of each game,
including press conferences, expert analysis, and special highlights from
the NHL All- Star Game, NHL Stanley Cup Final and NHL Entry Draft. NHL
Network will be offered on channel 248 of the Digital Sports and Info tier
for Fairfax County and Fredericksburg-area customers.

SkateZilla
10-10-2007, 12:40 AM
another article i read says there will be an NHL Network HD as well.

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Time Warner is a bunch of idiots if they cant make room for the NHL Network in Buffalo. Take out BET.

I really hope you're kidding...

JD
10-10-2007, 10:03 AM
We have one of the biggest hockey fan bases in the United States, if not the biggest.. are you a fan of BET or something BMN??

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
We have one of the biggest hockey fan bases in the United States, if not the biggest.. are you a fan of BET or something BMN??

Not especially, but I'm not stupid enough to think there wouldn't be a HUGE backlash if they removed BET in favor of an all hockey channel. Regardless of what you think I bet there would be a ton more pissed off minorities, who are much more vocal mind you, if BET were gone, then pissed off hockey fans if they don't get NHL Network...

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Not especially, but I'm not stupid enough to think there wouldn't be a HUGE backlash if they removed BET in favor of an all hockey channel. Regardless of what you think I bet there would be a ton more pissed off minorities, who are much more vocal mind you, if BET were gone, then pissed off hockey fans if they don't get NHL Network...

Too bad BET isn't even black-owned anymore. The only difference between that channel and MTV is the word "Black". The programming is mostly pop culture oriented and doesn't really provide the black community with anything they can't get on some other channel.

But I agree- there would be backlash if they pulled a perceived "black" channel for a "white" sport like hockey.

BlackMetalNinja
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Too bad BET isn't even black-owned anymore. The only difference between that channel and MTV is the word "Black". The programming is mostly pop culture oriented and doesn't really provide the black community with anything they can't get on some other channel.

But I agree- there would be backlash if they pulled a perceived "black" channel for a "white" sport like hockey.

Exactly

Dude
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
There are so many other crappy channels you could get rid of that no one would notice.

JD
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah you're right. But most miniorities reside in the hood around here, so I'm sure they cant afford cable unless that can be paid off with a welfare check..

BET does have black only football, not sure how that isnt racist. I sort of want MTV to become White Entertainment.. see how many riots break out in los angeles.

But anyway, what about a channel like NASA, who gives a ****? The main launches are shown on national news stations anyway.

SabreEleven
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
So MTV will be called "WET"?

JD
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Haha, how about just "WE"?

churchinski
10-11-2007, 12:19 AM
NHL Network, Already Available in Canada, Launches in U.S.

NEW YORK (AP) -The NHL is launching its own network in the United States. The NHL Network, which has been available in Canada since 2001, will begin airing this month through carriage agreements with Cablevision, Comcast, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Dish Network and Time Warner Cable.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/10082007/v8809.html

I hope it's nothing like the NFL network

JD
10-11-2007, 03:11 PM
The NFL network does blow.. there is just so many teams, how can you do an overview of them all on a daily basis? Must be tough to be the programmer for those networks.

hammerbillsfan
10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I worked on the NHL Network last night, we were bouncing around all the games. :hockey:

Does anyone have it yet? Watched OTF and OTF: Final? Thoughts?