PDA

View Full Version : Like they said on ESPN

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:39 AM
With nine seconds left and needing another 10 yards to get within FG range why would you drop everyone back so damn far and allow them to complete down and outs to get in range and stop the clock????? You would have been better off to let them complete deep down the middle. There is no way they could have got the clock stopped in time. Blame it on the offense all you want but Fewell was a ****ing idiot at the end of the game also.:down:.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Bonehead call of the year, in a year of bonehead calls.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
As someone else said, that one play undoes anything good the defense did. Six turnovers, two TDs, I don't care. Means nothing if you can't do it in the clutch. That's been the story of this D for two years ... choking to death.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
No one should have been allowed to complete near the sidelines.:cynic: Any other completion inside would have run out the clock. This coaching staff is seriously ******ed.:down:

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:45 AM
As someone else said, that one play undoes anything good the defense did. Six turnovers, two TDs, I don't care. Means nothing if you can't do it in the clutch. That's been the story of this D for two years ... choking to death.
More than two years, even when they were supposedly one of the top ranked D's in the NFL five years ago or so they never could stop a final gamewinning drive.

SabreEleven
10-09-2007, 12:47 AM
ESPN kept saying "What do the Bills have to do to win this game?" Like they have done everything in there power to win it....I have a idea how they win....Score a ****ing offensive TD on 5 turnovers...

Meathead
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
second most boneheaded call of the year. anyone want to guess the first

as they were lining up for that play im yelling 'drop four deep rush three and put two corners on each side past the hashmarks'. yet what did they do, all drop back deep and allow an ez ten yard completion

wtf is wrong with these coaches. seriously

SoCalBillsFan
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I started a similar thread, that last defensive play cost us the game. Why not put 4 guys on each sideline in five yard intervals and 3 guys deep middle. Any completed pass that stays in bounds and we win. Throw the ball away and they have to kick a 60 yarder.

Three deep doesn't really matter...it killed us.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
wtf is wrong with these coaches. seriously

They are a bunch chickenasses. plain and simple. They have no balls at all.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 12:53 AM
The thing is, sideline outs are exactly what the Cover 2 can't cover. I bet Fewell didn't even have a play for this contingency because this staff is so married to their schemes. They have no flexibility whatsoever.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Id add one more here but its all already been said by far the worst horse**** call Ive seen in football in a while

Meathead
10-09-2007, 12:59 AM
words most definitely that should be heard at least once this week:

clean out your desk youre gone

Philagape
10-09-2007, 01:06 AM
And this probably deserves its own thread, but we had zero sacks. Kelsay and Schobel made one big play each, but 98% of the time our $73 million DEs were average.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
And this probably deserves its own thread, but we had zero sacks. Kelsay and Schobel made one big play each, but 98% of the time our $73 million DEs were average.

yet again- we have a ton of money tied up in an unproductive position.

But D wasn't the problem today- it was the O.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Our declining lack of pressure in the second half of the game is what let Romo get comfortable and productive again. We have zero push up the middle and our two ends just get run to the outside by the Oline because they have no other moves other than an outside pass rush. All the QB does is step up in the pocket and he has all day.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
This is the second time this year that we just went into a shell by dropping back into a prevent and let a team waltz right on down the field for a winning FG.:cynic:

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 02:05 AM
this sucks....

don137
10-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Well when you have an owner that only pays for a second rate coaching staff you get what you pay for.

jamze132
10-09-2007, 06:38 AM
98% of the blame for this loss is on Fairchild. The offense put up 3 freakin' points! His boneheaded calls are absolutely holding the entire team back.

jamze132
10-09-2007, 06:47 AM
98% of the blame for this loss is on Fairchild. The offense put up 3 freakin' points! His boneheaded calls are absolutely holding the entire team back.

Turf
10-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Can't agree more about that down and out coverage. Pathetic defensive decision, I was infuriated yet not suprised. They've been playing dumb like this all year.
Why did they stop pressuring in the 2nd half? Same old bone headed coaching staff. Sick.

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 07:21 AM
That only compounded the decision to kick the FG at the end. If the Bills punt, Dallas has to go the length of the field to tie. Instead, a missed 54 yards FG hands them great field position.

I still can't believe Dallas won that game. 2 defensive scores and a kick return TD and you still lose? Amazing.

Ultimately, the inability to run the ball in the second half with the lead did the Bills in, but they still should have won despite that.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Ultimately, the inability to run the ball in the second half with the lead did the Bills in, but they still should have won despite that.
Having the ball only 1 time in the 3rd QTR doesn't help much.

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Having the ball only 1 time in the 3rd QTR doesn't help much.

Part of that was the kick return. However:

- On the next drive after the return they ran for 1, 0 and -3 yards. They moved the ball some because Edwards completed some passes, but ended up punting.

- On the next drive they run for 6 yards, but the sack put them in poor down-and-distance and they ended up punting.

- On the next drive they ran for 2, 2, 14 and 2 yards. That drive was going well because they were able to move the ball through the air, but the interception ended the scoring opportunity.

- On the next drive they ran for 2 and 1 yards, before an incompletion and punt.

Thus, in 4 drives they were able to run for more than 2 yards on only 2 of 9 runs. That put a lot of pressure on their young QB, who had to throw the ball in obvious passing situations for them to keep drives moving. The Edwards interception came on a 3rd-and-8.

If the Bills run the ball better they don't have to rely on their young QB as much and put the game away.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Can't agree more about that down and out coverage. Pathetic defensive decision, I was infuriated yet not suprised. They've been playing dumb like this all year.
Why did they stop pressuring in the 2nd half? Same old bone headed coaching staff. Sick.
I think they were flat out tired. I guess the downside of 3 non-offensive scores means more time on the field for the d. Kelsay was in Romo's face the entire first half. Looked like he had nothing left in the 4th quarter.

Turf
10-09-2007, 08:05 AM
That FG attempt at the end of the first half still pisses me off. That turned the game there and let Dallas back in.
Had they punted Dallas calls a running play and lets the clock run out, Bills up by ten at half. I was raving mad at that decision before he missed the FG. Poor poor decision making, bad coaching, lack of mastering of the game, momentum, field position. Just an aweful call put Dallas back in the game down by only 7.
Jauron is a ****ing idiot. Same type of call costs us in the Denver game calling a long pass play and stopping the clock.
The guy doesn't make on the fly calls well, doesn't see the field well (last week he was going to kick a FG cause he thought we were on the two and the entire USA knew we were inches away) and has zero clock management skills.
He may be able to lead players, but he doesn't get the game.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Part of that was the kick return. However:

- On the next drive after the return they ran for 1, 0 and -3 yards. They moved the ball some because Edwards completed some passes, but ended up punting.

- On the next drive they run for 6 yards, but the sack put them in poor down-and-distance and they ended up punting.

- On the next drive they ran for 2, 2, 14 and 2 yards. That drive was going well because they were able to move the ball through the air, but the interception ended the scoring opportunity.

- On the next drive they ran for 2 and 1 yards, before an incompletion and punt.

Thus, in 4 drives they were able to run for more than 2 yards on only 2 of 9 runs. That put a lot of pressure on their young QB, who had to throw the ball in obvious passing situations for them to keep drives moving. The Edwards interception came on a 3rd-and-8.

If the Bills run the ball better they don't have to rely on their young QB as much and put the game away.
THANK YOU!.... I dont know why not many of us are putting more emphasis on that point. We were one dimensional and that makes it difficult on both the QB and the playcaller. Its that simple. Peters and Dockery got handled when we needed the run game most. Maybe its Fowler whos getting pushed around which is blowing up our run plays. Ill have to watch the game over again, but either way, that was the main reason we lost. Too many 3rd and longs.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 08:24 AM
The O was gift wrapped 5 INTs!! And couldnt score a ****ing TD!! 1 just 1 TD would of wrapped that game up for us!