PDA

View Full Version : Does JP start after the bye or does TE continue his learning curves

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Trent or JP, set the record straight........

YardRat
10-09-2007, 05:42 AM
I stick with Trent.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Jp gets his 1 shot. He should know now that his job is gone if he sucks again. If he continues his suckatude against the Ravens he sits and should never see the field again.

TedMock
10-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Very tough call. On one hand you can go with Edwards, but if you do, you ride him from now on. He's your guy. Of course there is a very high probability that he doesn't play very well against a pretty solid Ravens defense. Then what? Is everybody willing to keep their mouths shut and accept that fact?

On the other hand you make this your final JP do or die. Is that a sign of poor coaching? Put the guy in against one of the best defenses and tell him if he doesn't kick butt, he's out? Will the players lose respect for you for being "unfair?"

These aren't necessarily my opinions. I'm just throwing possible thoughts out there.

Personally, it seems to me that the players look more confident with Edwards there (although the overall production remains the same). I really like JP as an athlete and he seems like a good guy, but as a QB he doesn't seem to have the same recognition skills has Edwards. Edwards had his moments of indecision too, but he's a rookie who so far looks more poised than JP does. Tough call, but I go with Edwards and I make sure the team rallies behind him and takes some pride in helping the young QB grow.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I dont think either is the answer but Im going with JP, no real reason here

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
who cares? Neither one gets the job done.

Patti120
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Tough call. Players look more comfortable for some reason with TE but JP is a captain and you gain that honor via the players on the team.

Stay tuned, bye week so I doubt we will hear jack this week. Hopefully our run blocking improves and Fairchild is canned.

trapezeus
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
you have to pick JP for one reason only. We've already messed his head up with bad coaching. We've had two pisspoor regimes mess him up. Don't let this kind of stupidity mess up TE. Let him ride the pine and start fresh with an OC who actually knows something about moving the ball forward and running effectively.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Let's go with Nall.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I think Edwards played well enough to keep JP off the field.

I don't see them going back. If we would have won this game I don't think there would even be an argument here.

STAMPY
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
trent played great vs jets and well vs dallas. These are his first 2 career starts. no question it is trent. he will only get better

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Honestly, I was a supposed, "LICKER" but I cant deny how poised this kid plays in the face of pressure and makes all the throws he makes. JP has not shown that yet. Once Trent starts hitting the big plays Jp will have nothing on Edwards. Dont get me wrong if JP gets back in there and shows he can do what Edwards does and get his big plays back then im all for it. I just want to see our Offense move the football. We may not have scored yesterday but at least it gives us a chance.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
hopefully JP saw the importance of getting rid of the ball quick and moving the chains. If he does to go along with the ability to go deep, he'd be the better qb.

JD
10-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I really do not understand how you guys can bash Trent or even chose JP over him....

It was his second ****ing start against one of the NFL's top teams.
The season is over. Trent Edwards is the answer, give him the time you gave JP Losman.. THEN criticize him!

I'm as tired of being a fan of a loser team as you all are but we just have to ride with Trent as our leader.

A rookie QB, rookie RB.. we're going to be good someday.
That all begins when we get rid of Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild.

Put April upto HC and bring in Kelly to run your offense. Shop around for a HC with a ****ING BACKBONE during the offseason and comeback firing next season.

Don't Panic
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Anyone choosing JP is choosing off of emotion or false hope IMO. I mean, if we hadn't leanred from the Rob Johnson situation then I could understand, but there are too many ? about JP and too many positives to build on in Trent to even make this a debate. I would see if you could trade JP now while teams are desperate. Waiting any longer will render his value close to useless.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 09:57 AM
There are TONS of teams with QB problems that would probably like to take a shot with JP. Do it.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
I like JP as a person, not as our QB. We are going to take our licks this season and so should Trent with it. This can be his learning season so by next years early draft choices we can get him some extra WR help and actually field a team that can win a game on offense.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
With the way our offense is run, it's tailored to Edwards and the short, ball control passing game. Stick with the player that fits what you're doing.

I don't think either QB gives us a better chance of winning personally for two different reason.

Trent because he's learning in the system and will make rookie mistakes.
JP because he physically or mentally or both can't execute in the system.

Bruce is Loose
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I think you call JP still injured and give Trent another start. Give JP one last game in week 8 against the JETS to put up or shut up

JD
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a feeling you JP lovers love JP because he has a long ball.

TRENT HAS A LONG BALL.
But since it was intercepted, you probably assume he doesnt.

Evans was at fault for that play by the way, and TRENT ALL THE WAY

chernobylwraiths
10-09-2007, 11:34 AM
JP plays at least for the next several weeks to keep our drafting status high!

TheBrownBear
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm a bit torn. I voted for Trent but it could go either way in my mind. I generally believe that a starter shouldn't lose their job to injury. The exception would be if that starter was crappy to begin with and his replacement was a significant upgrade. I think Trent's been the better of the two, but he hasn't been anything other than average. I wouldn't mind seeing JP get one more shot against a decent Baltimore defense to prove what he's made of. If it's more of the same, then we move on and make a fresh start with the young kid. JP is in his fourth year. He should be a better than average quarterback at this point. It's literally put up or shut up time in two weeks if he gets the nod.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm a bit torn. I voted for Trent but it could go either way in my mind. I generally believe that a starter shouldn't lose their job to injury. The exception would be if that starter was crappy to begin with and his replacement was a significant upgrade. I think Trent's been the better of the two, but he hasn't been anything other than average. I wouldn't mind seeing JP get one more shot against a decent Baltimore defense to prove what he's made of. If it's more of the same, then we move on and make a fresh start with the young kid. JP is in his fourth year. He should be a better than average quarterback at this point. It's literally put up or shut up time in two weeks if he gets the nod.

Trent has completed like 70% of his passes in his first 2 games, that in itself separates the 2 of them in a big way. As an example JP in his first real season of playing, 2005, had a 49.6% completion for that year. Do you know how much more 20% completions is??? It's the difference between winning and losing, literally.

If trent can keep his poise, which he has an amazing amount of we need never look back.

TheBrownBear
10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Trent has completed like 70% of his passes in his first 2 games, that in itself separates the 2 of them in a big way. As an example JP in his first real season of playing, 2005, had a 49.6% completion for that year. Do you know how much more 20% completions is??? It's the difference between winning and losing, literally.

If trent can keep his poise, which he has an amazing amount of we need never look back.

I agree. The completion % has been great...astounding really for a rookie. My worry is that he's a bit immobile and unwilling to take shots down the field. I like Edwards. I really do. I'm just not sure if he's more Frank Reich than Jim Kelly, if that makes any sense.

I'm more sold on Edwards than JP at this point. I guess I'd like to see JP get one more shot (since I think, but don't hope, that he will fail) and end this discussion/controversy once and for all.

RedEyE
10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Go with JP, tank the season, and build around the first availble QB out of the top of the draft next year.

kinigirly
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
both of them possess what the other is lacking. i won't be surprised if we rotate qbs every week once jp is back.

JD
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
both of them possess what the other is lacking. i won't be surprised if we rotate qbs every week once jp is back.
what is edwards lacking exactly?

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 03:24 PM
what is edwards lacking exactly?

Edwards is lacking anything, he reads defenses well, looks up field, releases fast and stands in there until the last second. He's also 2 games deep now and looks alot better than JP in almost every aspect.

Mitchy moo
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Edwards.