PDA

View Full Version : obviously i'm in the minority, but....

shelby
10-09-2007, 04:24 AM
....i really enjoyed the game last night.

i didn't expect us to win. i figured we'd lose by 7 to 10 points.

For a team this decimated by injuries to host one of the "elite" undefeated teams of the league, and shock them and the world by leading the entire game, was awesome.

Yes, our O couldn't get it done, there was very questionable playcalling, Lindell missed an FG, and our highly touted special teams completely :curse:ed up the onside kick.

But given the way this season has been going, that shouldn't surprise any of us. Should it?

The game was exciting. i got to see some players, especially our beat to hell defense, really shine last night. George Wilson who? i even saw Kyle Williams make a few nice plays!

i guess i'm in the minority, because i knew we couldn't pull off the upset, but i managed to scream and yell and jump up and down and enjoy the game anyway.

We were the underdog, and we came in and wiped the smirk off of Jerry Jones' face for 57 minutes.

:gobills:

LtFinFan66
10-09-2007, 04:30 AM
:clap:

I saw Ralph clapping too.....I think that may be the first time I ever saw him move:idunno:

BillsFever21
10-09-2007, 04:36 AM
This is the problem with to many Bills fans. They are happy with mediocrity and are happy as long as it's a close game.

There is no reason how we should have lost this game. Complete utter incompetence by our HC and offense yet again.

Injuries, rookies, ect, had nothing to do with us losing this game. Same as Week 1 against Denver. Dallas was horrible and did everything possible to lose. We had 6 turnovers and 21 points handed to the offense. There is no excuse for this loss and has nothing to do with any shortcomings on the team.

When you have that many gifts handed to you then the game should be won. Period! Dick is unable to lead us through a pressure situation. His usualy play not to lose attitude was altered because of Tony Romo. Every chance we had to capitalize by our non-touchdowns from turnovers we were not able to do so. Even with all the junk Romo was throwing at us we still played not to lose football inbetween and couldn't muster any points on our own.

shelby
10-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Eh...maybe this is why i'm a happy individual, instead of a miserable ulcer ridden hypertensive one.

YardRat
10-09-2007, 05:17 AM
Great game, I agree. I hope the players and coaches are able to take the positives and build on them.

alohabillsfan
10-09-2007, 05:19 AM
It truley amazes me that most fans wan t to blame DJ and Fire him for the loss of a game the experts and alot of people on this board predicted we had no shot of winning! Truly amazing!!

Meathead
10-09-2007, 06:18 AM
i liked the game a lot too. had a good time watching it. mostly

still ready to see dick go tho. he lost me last nite

even tho we did much better than i expected they still lost the game due to glaring errors he and his coaches made. unforgiveable errors that simply should not ever be made. errors that convince me they will always struggle to win consistently

so next regime please

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 06:26 AM
We gained the knowledge that our coaching staff is limited in decision making. They did not properly prepare the team for onside kicks and it's fairly obvious that playing for a win is alot different than playing to protect it.

We had every chance to win it last night, several to finish it and yet in the most critical moments, we failed.

All that being said, it was a great game to watch and really satisfied.

P.S. I have medicine for my ulcers / hypertension.

Captain gameboy
10-09-2007, 06:31 AM
It was an absolutely incredible game, but that's what makes it much harder to believe/accept.
It was a gigantic lost opportunity.
What a win last night would have done for this team is immeasurable.

We simply have to start winning these games.
We have to be able to make a single first down when we absolutely need it. We have to make a single play when we know for certain that the Cowboys needed the 35 and were going to throw a sideline route.
It is yet another in long series of heartbreaking lost opportunities.

Because we lost the opportunity, we still have a qb controversy. Evidently, some think we have a staff controversy, so we really get nothing other than another pat on the back great effort loss.

The only thing I can think of that makes me a little happy is to watch TO go from cocky arrogant laughter during the pregame stuff, to surprise and concern during the game, to shock and whining when he could not pull in the two point conversion.
You could clearly see him go through that by his facial expressions.

I simply cannot stand him.
But that is no consolation for this brutally painful loss.

Nighthawk
10-09-2007, 06:55 AM
....i really enjoyed the game last night.

i didn't expect us to win. i figured we'd lose by 7 to 10 points.

For a team this decimated by injuries to host one of the "elite" undefeated teams of the league, and shock them and the world by leading the entire game, was awesome.

Yes, our O couldn't get it done, there was very questionable playcalling, Lindell missed an FG, and our highly touted special teams completely :curse:ed up the onside kick.

But given the way this season has been going, that shouldn't surprise any of us. Should it?

The game was exciting. i got to see some players, especially our beat to hell defense, really shine last night. George Wilson who? i even saw Kyle Williams make a few nice plays!

i guess i'm in the minority, because i knew we couldn't pull off the upset, but i managed to scream and yell and jump up and down and enjoy the game anyway.

We were the underdog, and we came in and wiped the smirk off of Jerry Jones' face for 57 minutes.

:gobills:

Whether you expected us to win or not, this coaching staff blew it and should be fired. This team will never learn how to win under Jauron because Jauron doesn't know how to win. I'm sorry, but he is a loser and always will be.

Historian
10-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I leaned over and said to my brother in law (in the 3rd period) "Win or lose, this has been a fantastic game to watch"

This team is two plays away from being 3-2.

They had an amazing stat on the radio before the game last night, which tells me why this game was so close:

Buffalo's opponents' records without their games, was like 13-3, while Dallas' opponents records without their games, was 4-12, or something like that.

They're kind of a paper tiger, which is why we beat them for 59 minutes last night.