PDA

View Full Version : Edwards almost changed ny mind...

Yasgur's Farm
10-09-2007, 06:08 AM
... But JP starts vs Ravens after the bye.

And he shows why he finished 11th ranked in 2006.

The Bills have begun to come together... And proven they can play with anyone. It's just a shame we'll go thru another OC!!

BOBBY APRIL FOR OC!!

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 06:15 AM
The Ravens can make JP their ***** again.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-09-2007, 06:17 AM
I dasagree.

Edwards looked better than JP has in 2 years.

Edwards stays in.

acehole
10-09-2007, 08:04 AM
... But JP starts vs Ravens after the bye.

And he shows why he finished 11th ranked in 2006.

The Bills have begun to come together... And proven they can play with anyone. It's just a shame we'll go thru another OC!!

BOBBY APRIL FOR OC!!

That is a must for a few reasons. One of these qb's needs to get traded for somthing. We really need to see the mental state of JP lossman. If he overcomes the evveret mess....a young QB taking his place...and the media lovefest hype for T Edwards....come in and plays well after all that ..then he deserves to stay. Steve fairchild must go now! B April...deserves to coach this team. Dick did not have a bad coaching night...in the end...but he doesnt take the reighns from Fairchild either....

Bufftp
10-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Edwards showed me nothing. All I have heard are excuses for Edwards.

Bring JP in now.

I'd rather die by a Gunslinger than the thousand cuts of Captian 2 yard checkdown.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 08:21 AM
JP will get his last shot against Balt. I was soo close to coming on here and posting that I agree with the Edwardnites and that he is THE QB and that JP will never see the feild again until that dumb f'n play for an INT. The point of the matter is the O scored a WHOLE 3 points with alot of opps.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I'd rather die by a Gusliger than the thousand cuts of Captian checkdown.

Woohoo, what a gunslinger.

JP Losman has 47 attempts this year.

Passes thrown..

Behind the line: 9-13, 46 yards
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds: 19 of 25, 180 yards
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds: 2 of 4, 29 yards
Pass Thrown 21-30 yds: 0-2
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds: 0-2
Pass Thrown 41+ yds: 0-1

You might want to be careful of who you call Captain Checkdown. JP hasn't completed a pass this year that was thrown in the air for 20+ yards. Hell, JP has only attempted to throw the ball more than 11 yards in the air 9 times.

Bufftp
10-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh boy you essentially use 2 games for JP.
You know the difference between JP and the Kelly Holcomb the Younger.
IF TE was all that and a bag of chips I would be suporting him as starter.
He isn't.

Historian
10-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Losman's done here...they're not going to give him millions in up front money for the last four years of misery.

Its a simple business decision.

Start whomever you want. This season's over.

mybills
10-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Woohoo, what a gunslinger.

JP Losman has 47 attempts this year.

Passes thrown..

Behind the line: 9-13, 46 yards
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds: 19 of 25, 180 yards
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds: 2 of 4, 29 yards
Pass Thrown 21-30 yds: 0-2
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds: 0-2
Pass Thrown 41+ yds: 0-1

Don't you need someone to catch them?

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I thought Edwards played well considering the Bills couldn't run the ball. It seemed like they were in 3rd-and-long all night.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 08:41 AM

In comparison, Trent Edwards is (not counting last night because the stats. are not updated yet)...

Behind the line: 7 of 11, 40 yards
Pass Thrown 1-10 yds: 15 of 22, 120 yds
Pass Thrown 11-20 yds: 10-12, 171 yards
Pass Thrown 21-30 yds: 0-1
Pass Thrown 31-40 yds: 0-1
Pass thrown 41+ yds: 0-1

I guess Trent has people to throw to between 11-20 yards. Compared to JPs Pass Thrown 11-20 yds: 2 of 4, 29 yards

mybills
10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I think you missed my point, TD. They weren't catching JP's passes. The stats don't tell you that part.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Trent had made better use of the crap we have here than JP has. He has a lower rate of mistakes. He looks at home in the pocket. His mechanics are better. He moves the chains. (Edwards made nine first downs by pass last night; JP made 11 in the first two games combined.)

No one can say I’m anti-JP. I’ve defended him passionately over the last two years. I was very excited about him coming into this season. I knew he had flaws, what QB doesn’t, but I figured he’s been in the league long enough now to learn from them and correct them.
So my heart sunk as I watched him the first two games this year. He’s regressed. He makes the same mistakes he did in his first year. He panics under pressure. His mechanics are bad. He still looks like he’s mentally overwhelmed. He no longer has inexperience as an excuse.

While JP looked good last year, opponents have taken away the only true weapon in the passing game: Evans. Neither QB will make big plays in this offense.

That being equal, it's overwhelmingly clear that Trent is the future. There's no reason to wait on him. It's telling that people are already using veteran standards when describing his play. From coaches to players, the team loves him and has clearly rallied around him.

His fault or not, JP is a lame duck. He'd be better off somewhere where coaches know how to use him.

PcA125
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Its funny how the recieves all of the sudden started catching balls from TE

mybills
10-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I think they're about equal when given weapons and no collar. I'd rather have both of them, than a pair of really bad QB's. If they choose TE to start, I'm hoping JP restructures his contract and stays with us.

DynaPaul
10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
"Captain Checkdown" had no one to throw it to deep all night. Dallas had some really good coverage.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Does anyone here think JP can go 9-2 the rest of the way? 8-3? Because that's the only reason to keep him in.

The season is lost, so now its purpose is to prepare for the future. That's what I said about JP in 2005, but his future hasn't arrived. Move on with the kid who looks like he knows what he's doing. Both QBs have crap around them, but Edwards has shown that advantage.

mybills
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Its funny how the recieves all of the sudden started catching balls from TE
Simply stating that, doesn't take away from the fact that they kept dropping passes from JP. It's not like he threw them where the ball got to them side ways. Maybe his bullets stung their hands, I don't know.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Why is JP coming back? Edwards didn't prove that he's the better QB?

Keeping JP off the field might actually make his trade value higher. If he craps the bed against the Ravens he's worth nothing.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Keeping JP off the field might actually make his trade value higher. If he craps the bed against the Ravens he's worth nothing.

He's already worth nothing.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Bring in JP. He'll play with a chip on his shoulder. Trent needs time to grow. Jp gives us the better chance to win. Right now Trent is nothing more than a Trent Dilfer type of qb .

mybills
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
So let's get rid of JP, then get a crap back up for TE, then hope that TE doesn't get hurt?

Philagape
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Bring in JP. He'll play with a chip on his shoulder. Trent needs time to grow. Jp gives us the better chance to win. Right now Trent is nothing more than a Trent Dilfer type of qb .

Win? So we can get a lower draft pick?

We'd need to go 8-3 at worst to make the playoffs. Tell me we can do that. Maybe if we got three D/ST touchdowns every game.

TheBrownBear
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
It's undeniable that Edwards has outperformed Losman in just about every way this season. Not saying he's the better player, but he's getting it done for the most part where JP wasn't. He also does have better mechanics as a rookie than the 4th year Losman, which bodes well for his future here. A little too much checking down for my tastes, but can't blame a rookie for doing that when nursing a lead. Hopefully as he progresses he'll have the confidence to attack in those situations and games like last night's turn into blowouts.

Elminster
10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Does anyone here think JP can go 9-2 the rest of the way? 8-3? Because that's the only reason to keep him in.

The season is lost, so now its purpose is to prepare for the future. That's what I said about JP in 2005, but his future hasn't arrived. Move on with the kid who looks like he knows what he's doing. Both QBs have crap around them, but Edwards has shown that advantage. Yeah, because he was really bad last year :rolleyes:
Edwards needs to learn to throw the ball over five yards. Losman's accuracy problems are exaggerated, and it's not like TE is Brady: he had some passes that sailed or were in the dirt. I haven't seen Losman do the latter since early last year. Losman starts because TE has FAILED to take his job away. Sure, TE is good enough to beat the Jets....but so is Losman, lest you forget. But TE led our offense to 3 points, and I find it somewhat funny that the same people who would be bashing the crap out of Losman for that are defending TE for it. I don't how bad the play-calling is, or how bad anything is....you should get more than 3 points off of 4 turnovers. TE cannot dictate anything, JP can. That is why Losman is better, and will be better as long as TE refuses to take risks.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Win? So we can get a lower draft pick?

We'd need to go 8-3 at worst to make the playoffs. Tell me we can do that. Maybe if we got three D/ST touchdowns every game.
I don't give a rats ass what the odds are. ONly losers give up at this point.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah, because he was really bad last year :rolleyes:
Edwards needs to learn to throw the ball over five yards. Losman's accuracy problems are exaggerated, and it's not like TE is Brady: he had some passes that sailed or were in the dirt. I haven't seen Losman do the latter since early last year. Losman starts because TE has FAILED to take his job away. Sure, TE is good enough to beat the Jets....but so is Losman, lest you forget. But TE led our offense to 3 points, and I find it somewhat funny that the same people who would be bashing the crap out of Losman for that are defending TE for it. I don't how bad the play-calling is, or how bad anything is....you should get more than 3 points off of 4 turnovers. TE cannot dictate anything, JP can. That is why Losman is better, and will be better as long as TE refuses to take risks.

Trent's passes look better than JP's. I don't know what games you've been watching, but JP has had passes on the ground this year.
They both have high percentage making the same throws in the same offense (Trent's is higher).
JP has dictated nothing. Three points against Pittsburgh. Seven against Denver.

Trent and JP are equal in terms of production, actual and potential. That Trent has caught JP in 2-plus games means he has succeeded in taking the job. Dick said no one's job is safe; JP is entitled to nothing.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't give a rats ass what the odds are. ONly losers give up at this point.

Starting Trent is not giving up. He gives us just as good a chance. Like JP, he beat a weak team, and like JP, he did less against a better team. They're equal. If the present factor is equal, then future is the deciding factor. Benching Trent is delaying the inevitable. The more he plays now, the sooner we'll WIN with him.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Starting Trent is not giving up. He gives us just as good a chance. Like JP, he beat a weak team, and like JP, he did less against a better team. They're equal. If the present factor is equal, then future is the deciding factor. Benching Trent is delaying the inevitable. The more he plays now, the sooner we'll WIN with him.

Oh now you're not giving up when you pretty much impled the season is over? You're trying to come up with a reason tos tay with TE.

You are settling for the dink and dunk by going with him. With JP it is still unknown where it was Fairchilds playcalling that screwed up the first few games. If JP was the only one btiching about the playcalling then I'd say it was just him. The wrs said they wanted the playbook opened up too but JP never got the chance because of Wilfork.

We know what we have in Edwards I don't know what we have in JP with the playbook opened up.

Since in you've already given up , what do you have to lose if we go with JP one more time?

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh now you're not giving up when you pretty much impled the season is over? You're trying to come up with a reason tos tay with TE.

You are settling for the dink and dunk by going with him. With JP it is still unknown where it was Fairchilds playcalling that screwed up the first few games.

So Fairchild is to blame for JP and not for Trent? Double standard: When JP does nothing, excuses. When Trent does the same, it's on him.
Physically, Trent can make the throws. JP doesn't have as much an advantage there as people think.

If JP was the only one btiching about the playcalling then I'd say it was just him. The wrs said they wanted the playbook opened up too but JP never got the chance because of Wilfork.

We know what we have in Edwards I don't know what we have in JP with the playbook opened up.

We have not seen all Edwards can do. As for JP, we know his decision-making is worse, and we know he hasn't progressed.

Since in you've already given up , what do you have to lose if we go with JP one more time?

Development time. The more Trent plays, the sooner we win with him.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Playing JP is giving up too.