• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

The hard part about our QB's

I feel like it doesnt matter who we start at this point.

JP holds on to the ball too long, will cough it up at times, and also can make some bad throws. He also can throw some longbombs and hit Evans for TD's. Furthermore, he scrambles for 1st downs too. He doesnt show enough pocket presence and poise.

Trent can play as good as anyone in the short game. If you need to dink and dunk he gets it done. He makes great check downs, throws with zip, and shows good accuracy. He excels in pocket presence. He is able to stay focused with a rush in his face. However, he also leaves much to be desired in his longer throws, it appears he quickly looses accuracy and arm strength when throwing 20+. Furthermore, he does still make rookie mistakes like under-throwing into triple coverage for a pick that pretty much kept Dallas hanging around.

Theres no way to get around the fact that neither has scored enough points to win. You simply must score to win in the NFL. I dont need my QB to throw for 3 TD's a game, but averaging at least 1 is necessary IMO.

Overall, I like the rookie. I like the way he plays. I like his command in the pocket. I said it before with JP and I will say it with Trent. He only gets better from here. I honestly dont know what I would do if I were the HC. I feel JP may give you a better chance to win righty now, but that Trent will quickly overtake JP in overall talent so it may be worth it to stick with the rookie.

Working...
X