PDA

View Full Version : My Post Game Thoughts

Pride
10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm hurting this morning, so I'm hoping that by creating this thread, it will help some of the pain go away.

In no particular order....

- I don't blame Jauron, as far as I am concerned.. the team was well prepared and ready to play this game.

- I don't blame Fewell, he is getting more out of 3rd string players than any other D coach in the league in my opinion.

- I don't blame special teams, they played VERY well until the end, when Dallas made an incredible play on the onsides pushing that ball back so it could be recovered.

- I don't blame Edwards, I thought he managed the game as well as he could

- I do blame the running game for not giving us consistent first downs and 4th and 1 conversions.

- I do blame Fairchild for not finding a way to get his WR's open DOWNFIELD!!! I never want to see another WR screen again.

- 12th Man... You made us at home PROUD!

- Ralph, it looks like you put on a good show for the national audience, well done!

- Overall... I am not embarrassed to be a Bills fan this morning. Sad, but not embarrassed. That is the most that I was hoping for, since this could have been a game that turned Buffalo into the NFL's biggest laughing stock. I think that game did more to earn us respect than the Jets win did last week.

GO BILLS!

The King
10-09-2007, 06:52 AM
:bf1:

Dantheman1280
10-09-2007, 07:12 AM
But Pride we did turn into the NFL laughing stock. 6 turnovers and we still could not pull out a win. This team loves to get us high and then rip our hearts out.

Turf
10-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I was thinking that on the bright side, the show the fans put on and the excitiment and electricity at the stadium could remind the NFL the value of small market teams. It's not all about the money. Nobody has the passion that was shown there last night. It's good for the league and football. Down the road this game could be good leverage for keeping the team in Buffalo.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm hurting this morning, so I'm hoping that by creating this thread, it will help some of the pain go away.

- I don't blame Jauron, as far as I am concerned.. the team was well prepared and ready to play this game.

- I don't blame Fewell, he is getting more out of 3rd string players than any other D coach in the league in my opinion.

- I don't blame special teams, they played VERY well until the end, when Dallas made an incredible play on the onsides pushing that ball back so it could be recovered.

- I do blame the running game for not giving us consistent first downs and 4th and 1 conversions.

- I do blame Fairchild for not finding a way to get his WR's open DOWNFIELD!!! I never want to see another WR screen again.

- Ralph, it looks like you put on a good show for the national audience, well done!

- Overall... I am not embarrassed to be a Bills fan this morning. Sad, but not embarrassed. That is the most that I was hoping for, since this could have been a game that turned Buffalo into the NFL's biggest laughing stock. I think that game did more to earn us respect than the Jets win did last week.

GO BILLS!
Finally someone else who gets it.... The only point I semi disagree with is the blame on Fairchild. I think that one of your points is exactly what gets him of the hook IMO. No running game. It made us one dimensional which makes play calling more difficult. Im disappointed in Dockery and Peters for not giving Lynch more room last night which would have won us the game. One more first down and we would have won that game.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Good post. I agree. Up until the end I was proud of the team.

Tatonka
10-09-2007, 08:06 AM
good post pride.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Great posting!! :clap:

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
well said though I have further issues with Edwards than just his one pass.

unpaid_bills
10-09-2007, 08:40 AM
all good points

Nobody even gave us a chance before the game, should have been a blow out - blah blah

They just need to make plays when they count. 3rd and short, 4th and 1, when the D has to make a stop they just let the other team hang around. Dallas is too good of a team. The really frustrating part was the turonovers I cant remember a game with so many big Ints. The offense had to put them away - the crowd was in the game, players were pumped it was all in place for the upset.

The one thing at the end i really think the D was just plain tired and worn down they were all the field alot the second half. We could not sustain the Pass rush. I am very proud of the team and the effort they just simply have to find a way to win. Just imagine what that win would have done for the confidence

Historian
10-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I was thinking that on the bright side, the show the fans put on and the excitiment and electricity at the stadium could remind the NFL the value of small market teams. It's not all about the money. Nobody has the passion that was shown there last night. It's good for the league and football. Down the road this game could be good leverage for keeping the team in Buffalo.

I admire your optimism, but I have to flat out disagree on one thing:

I believe it's about nothing BUT money.

You should have seen the circus outside the stadium. It was a joke.

-Radio stations with girls in dunking tanks.

-QVC broadcasting from a makeshift stage (where buses used to sit) to sell their overpriced sweatshirts.

-Private tent tailgate parties. (Sponsored by Coors light of course!)

Makes me wonder what would have happened had it been snowing all day, as opposed to 85 degrees! (a distinct possibility here!)

The game has become a non-factor. It's taken a back seat to the EVENT. It's simply a distraction from the cash cow that is the NFL. Trust me...it's about nothing BUT money.

The only positive you can take out of all of this, is that, loss aside, Buffalo seemed to pull it off without a hitch. We (the city) looked good on national tv.

Perhaps that opens somebody's eyes...somewhere.

But it's not a game anymore. The game is the last thing on anyone's agenda.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Awesome post!!!!!

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Finally someone else who gets it.... The only point I semi disagree with is the blame on Fairchild. I think that one of your points is exactly what gets him of the hook IMO. No running game. It made us one dimensional which makes play calling more difficult. Im disappointed in Dockery and Peters for not giving Lynch more room last night which would have won us the game. One more first down and we would have won that game.

so we only score 3 points on offense but somehow it's not the offensive coordinator's fault? The O was terrible and he deserves blame.

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I admire your optimism, but I have to flat out disagree on one thing:

I believe it's about nothing BUT money.

You should have seen the circus outside the stadium. It was a joke.

-Radio stations with girls in dunking tanks.

-QVC broadcasting from a makeshift stage (where buses used to sit) to sell their overpriced sweatshirts.

-Private tent tailgate parties. (Sponsored by Coors light of course!)

Makes me wonder what would have happened had it been snowing all day, as opposed to 85 degrees! (a distinct possibility here!)

The game has become a non-factor. It's taken a back seat to the EVENT. It's simply a distraction from the cash cow that is the NFL. Trust me...it's about nothing BUT money.

The only positive you can take out of all of this, is that, loss aside, Buffalo seemed to pull it off without a hitch. We (the city) looked good on national tv.

Perhaps that opens somebody's eyes...somewhere.

But it's not a game anymore. The game is the last thing on anyone's agenda.
What do you want? The NFL and Buffalo to stay in the dark ages?

The last buffalo fan
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
:bf1: I'm so proud of our pride. :up:

Billsology you are so ****ing right, but still, from far far away from Buffalo, someone cares about football, and that's enough for me, and that one is my oldest kid. This little guy was sure that Dallas would clean the Ralph with our sorry ass, and was thinking also about his teacher giving him hard time, because he follows the Bills just like his old man, and that dumb school teacher is a marketing lover and "likes" the cowgirls. Well, guess what? YES, he went to his bed so ****ing proud and sad of our beloved team, and told me this....... "Dad, or we are not that bad, or Dallas is not that good. I'm happy the way our team played tonight. Now, let's play the Ravens. Good night Dad".

:gobills: :xtreme:

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:12 AM

GO BILLS!

I share the exact sentiments 100%

BAM
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Good post, Pride.

I'm hurting as well this morning. So much that I called off work today. Man I can't think of too many more games that hurt as much as this one. After the second FG at the end I nearly vomited my 6-pack of Corona, several rum and cokes, God knows how many shots of jager, and leftover Keystone Lights that some ****** brought over it was so sickening. Maybe I just overdid it I don't know. Either way it was a rough night and even rougher morning.

SABuffalo786
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
On the somewhat bright side, this game really didn't seriously mean anything. It's not like we were going to make a playoff run this year.

It could be worse. Just imagine this happening IN a playoff game. Or worse, another superbowl...

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
On the somewhat bright side, this game really didn't seriously mean anything. It's not like we were going to make a playoff run this year.

It could be worse. Just imagine this happening IN a playoff game. Or worse, another superbowl...
Actually with the remaining schedule and the parity in the AFC right now playoffs wasnt impossible. We still have Miami 2ice, Jets, Cleveland, Baltimore (who have no offense to speak of), Jacksonville who are very inconsistent, the Giants will be tough but also beatable, Washington also tough but winnable, and Philly who can also easily be beaten. The Bengals are terrible on D and have so many injuries we would have to put up points though.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I disagree on Fewell. It was the scheme that blew it at the end, not the players.