PDA

View Full Version : Don't fire Jauron but Bobby April and McNally.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Read the thread completely before you react emotionally.

Bobby April has way too much influence on this team. For all of his supposed genius he screws up the most important play of the game. The onside kick was a debacle and you can blame him directly.

The other issue was campaigning for a 54 yard field goal when punting it almost guarantees a 10 point lead at halftime.

Before you tell me how great he is let's remember that he has Moorman, Parrish and McGee on his roster. You saw how good we looked with Skobey in the same spot.

McNally obviously knows how to coach pass protection and not run blocking. Lynch is not the problem, and based on how Willis is doing for the Ravens, neither was he. Our left side is a joke when we try to run there. I thought we were supposed to have a dominate left side? McNally needs to go.

don137
10-09-2007, 08:46 AM
April has done far more good than bad. IMO he is one of the top 5 special team coaches in the game today. To fire him over one play is going overboard. Jauron has made many blunders and he is still working.

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Now your ****ing crazy!! First off the OL has been playing better then the past 3 or so years. Special teams are the best in the league and that starts with coaching. So Bobby April blew recovering the onside?? I didnt see him in uniform on the field. ????? :roflmao: I want my special teams coach and or the kicker telling the coach they want the ball. Hell I want everyone on the team telling the coach they waqnt the ball. THATS CALLED CONFIDENCE!!

Patti120
10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
SPAM!

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 08:52 AM
well maybe OLINE could run block better if our formations didnt announce we are going to run.

something else i cursed about after 2 weeks in the season.

THE PLAY CALLING SUCKS. how come we NEVER RUN THE BALL from a 3 wr set.

OH WAIT WE DO ONCE A GAME FROM trips bunch and its always a sweep

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Now your ****ing crazy!! First off the OL has been playing better then the past 3 or so years. Special teams are the best in the league and that starts with coaching. So Bobby April blew recovering the onside?? THATS CALLED CONFIDENCE!!

If we punt the ball it's a 10 point game at half. We gave the Cowboys good field position and they turned it into a 7 point game at half. Dumb, dumb, call. If you think April is showing confidence than make the kick.

If you are the one of the best special teams coaches in the league than screwing up an onside kick is inexcusable.

If you think our run blocking is good than there is no reason to even argue about McNally. Does he not have the talent?! How many 100 yard rushing games has Lynch had?

SquishDaFish
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
How obvious is each run we run when we run?? Trips bunch sweep run. Last night I called the little craqp run up the centers ass.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Read the thread completely before you react emotionally.

Bobby April has way too much influence on this team. For all of his supposed genius he screws up the most important play of the game. The onside kick was a debacle and you can blame him directly.

The other issue was campaigning for a 54 yard field goal when punting it almost guarantees a 10 point lead at halftime.

Before you tell me how great he is let's remember that he has Moorman, Parrish and McGee on his roster. You saw how good we looked with Skobey in the same spot.

McNally obviously knows how to coach pass protection and not run blocking. Lynch is not the problem, and based on how Willis is doing for the Ravens, neither was he. Our left side is a joke when we try to run there. I thought we were supposed to have a dominate left side? McNally needs to go.

McNally, maybe but April? That's why I don't care about what you think about my posts because your threads can be idiotic in nature.

Don't Panic
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
McNally has gotten a free pass since day one around here... no doubt about that. April is an empty argument, though.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
How obvious is each run we run when we run?? Trips bunch sweep run. Last night I called the little craqp run up the centers ass.

If you want to add Fairchild be my guest. The fact that we can't open up holes with line we have doesn't make sense so is McNally not accountable?

I'm going to back to Bobby April for a second. My issue with Booby April is his influence on this team and the roster. IMO, we have so much focus on guys that can play special teams that it leaves us weak in other areas. Yeah, the McGee play was great but the field goal kick was a mistake. We still lost the game.

casdhf
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
You think April called the FG attempt? My money is on Jauron there.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
You think April called the FG attempt? My money is on Jauron there.

Valid point but I think April, as asst. coach, wanted to kick the field goal.

RedEyE
10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I completely disagree. The onside kick was luck as the ball just barely got to the 10 yard mark before a Dallas player batted it 15 yards further in field. You can't practice for those plays.

I think Bobby April is the best coach on this team and if Juaron is fired for some reason, April is a top 5 candidate to take the job.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
McNally has gotten a free pass since day one around here... no doubt about that. April is an empty argument, though.

Is April a good Special Teams coach? Yes.

Do I think he has way too much influence as an asst. coach? Yes.

Jeff1220
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
The April argument doesn't hold up. It's completely baseless.