PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just wow

JDSmith
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
As a Cowboys fan I spent most of the game shaking me head in bewilderment. In all seriousness, I thought the Cowboys would walk right over the Bills and win by at least 3 TDs. They hadn't scored less than 34 pts going into the game, and played to run the clock at the end of games so they could have scored more. With the 32nd ranked D I just couldn't figure how the Bills had any chance to hold the Cowboys under 35 or score more than 10 of their own. But that's why they play the games. Obviously the Cowboys players thought like I did, and came in reading too much of their own positive press. This was the classic trap game, and the Cowboys fell right into it.

The Bills played inspired football all the way through. Your fans were awesome, they were never taken out of the game and they made every drive an ordeal for the Cowboys offense. Especially down near the endzones. The announcers stopped speaking a couple times just because they didn't want to yell over the crowd noise. That's impressive.

Tough loss for you guys, I know how you feel. I've been there for some Cowboys losses like that, where the game was won and then all of the sudden it wasn't. I remember when Leon Lett ruined my entire Thanskgiving by touching a live ball after a blocked kick vs Miami. I actually had to leave my mother in law's house because I was sick to my stomach, so I fully understand what you guys are going through. But you guys have a lot to be proud of IMO. Your team played its collective heart out and your fans were absolutely rabid.

Some of your fans are being really hard on Trent Edwards, but IMO he played well for a guy in his second start. Yeah, he took a lot of checkdowns, but the Cowboys D came into this game very underrated because of the Giants game. I think Edwards did what he was supposed to do, which was drive the bus. He made a big mistake and it cost you, but this was only his second start in the NFL. And it's not as if he's had years on the bench to learn the position, he's a real rookie. Honestly I'm surprised that your coaching staff didn't sign a veteran backup for Losman and keep Edwards at third string so he could learn and grow without having to play. But considering the situation I thought he did a very solid job. Wade brings pressure and he surely did some things to confuse a young QB. I know it'll be argued that Edwards could have tried to take more chances, but honestly that might have led to more turnovers as easily as more points, and maybe it wouldn't have come down to the wire. I was impressed that he didn't try to force the ball more, and remained patient throughout. And I think it gave you the best chance to win.

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys sure deserve some stunning wins this year, hope you get them.

DMBcrew36
10-09-2007, 08:59 AM
classy post. thanks man

JD
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
This post changed my day, thanks.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
I love how people say "Oh I know how you feel"

Really? 4 super bowl losses? music city miracle? last night?

I really dont think there are fans that have had their hearts ripped out as many times as bills fans.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM

I really dont think there are fans that have had their hearts ripped out as many times as bills fans.

add in the fodder we have had at head coach with exception of levy for last 30 years a total JOKE

JDSmith
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM

True, but does it get worse? I don't think so. Every time it happens you feel like you got your heart ripped out. Last year losing to the Skins, when they blocked a FG and got a gift penalty to move them into field goal range when the game was over hurt the same as when Leon Lett almost caused me to throw up Thanksgiving turkey all over my MiL's house. Each time the pain is new, at least for me.

footballfan9
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
As a Cowboys fan I spent most of the game shaking me head in bewilderment. In all seriousness, I thought the Cowboys would walk right over the Bills and win by at least 3 TDs. They hadn't scored less than 34 pts going into the game, and played to run the clock at the end of games so they could have scored more. With the 32nd ranked D I just couldn't figure how the Bills had any chance to hold the Cowboys under 35 or score more than 10 of their own. But that's why they play the games. Obviously the Cowboys players thought like I did, and came in reading too much of their own positive press. This was the classic trap game, and the Cowboys fell right into it.

The Bills played inspired football all the way through. Your fans were awesome, they were never taken out of the game and they made every drive an ordeal for the Cowboys offense. Especially down near the endzones. The announcers stopped speaking a couple times just because they didn't want to yell over the crowd noise. That's impressive.

Tough loss for you guys, I know how you feel. I've been there for some Cowboys losses like that, where the game was won and then all of the sudden it wasn't. I remember when Leon Lett ruined my entire Thanskgiving by touching a live ball after a blocked kick vs Miami. I actually had to leave my mother in law's house because I was sick to my stomach, so I fully understand what you guys are going through. But you guys have a lot to be proud of IMO. Your team played its collective heart out and your fans were absolutely rabid.

Some of your fans are being really hard on Trent Edwards, but IMO he played well for a guy in his second start. Yeah, he took a lot of checkdowns, but the Cowboys D came into this game very underrated because of the Giants game. I think Edwards did what he was supposed to do, which was drive the bus. He made a big mistake and it cost you, but this was only his second start in the NFL. And it's not as if he's had years on the bench to learn the position, he's a real rookie. Honestly I'm surprised that your coaching staff didn't sign a veteran backup for Losman and keep Edwards at third string so he could learn and grow without having to play. But considering the situation I thought he did a very solid job. Wade brings pressure and he surely did some things to confuse a young QB. I know it'll be argued that Edwards could have tried to take more chances, but honestly that might have led to more turnovers as easily as more points, and maybe it wouldn't have come down to the wire. I was impressed that he didn't try to force the ball more, and remained patient throughout. And I think it gave you the best chance to win.

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys sure deserve some stunning wins this year, hope you get them.
I totally agree! Your team shocked the Cowboys fans..The crowd was amazing!! Your quaterback played with alot of poise. Your team played extremely well!!! Good Luck with the rest of your season. You deserve some good wins!!!

Jimbuktu
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I loathe the Cowboys, but thanks guys.

FlyingElvis
10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I roomed with a couple of guys from Buffalo (Cheektowaga actually) when they got a job in the Boston area. So I got the chance to hang out with them in Buffalo as well. Buffalo has some of the most diehard fans in the NFL and when you combine that with their first MNF game in 13 years, it seemed like quite a coming out party.

The Bills represented the AFCE well last night. Tough loss.

bflojohn
10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Flying Elvis, it isn't often that Bill Belichick can take a page out of the Bills defensive playbook, but the Buffalo Bills just made Tony Romo look absolutely horrible! Maybe the blueprint for waxing the Dallas Cowboys was laid out by our often maligned coaching staff this week!! Just a thought....

FlyingElvis
10-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Flying Elvis, it isn't often that Bill Belichick can take a page out of the Bills defensive playbook, but the Buffalo Bills just made Tony Romo look absolutely horrible! Maybe the blueprint for waxing the Dallas Cowboys was laid out by our often maligned coaching staff this week!! Just a thought....
I think you are absolutely right. The Bills had Romo throwing into coverage all night. They obviously had a solid defensive gameplan.

elkhunter
10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
JDSmith, FlyingElvis,

Thanks for showing some class and for giving the Bills their props. I think Edwards did a great job considering his lack of experience and the defense he was facing. Yeah, just another game you can add to a looooong list of heartbreakers, BUT I saw a Bills gritty effort that has been missing for as long as I care to remember!
As for all the whiners on this site that are already saying that Trent Edwards sucks, get a clue! Check out some of the early stats on Elway, P Manning etc...
As for finger pointing, look NO further than the lame ass play calling of this coaching staff.

gggbills
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the post, nice one. I don't blame Edwards, I lay the blame where it truely belongs....

FIRE DICK NOW!!!

SabreEleven
10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
True, but does it get worse? I don't think so. Every time it happens you feel like you got your heart ripped out. Last year losing to the Skins, when they blocked a FG and got a gift penalty to move them into field goal range when the game was over hurt the same as when Leon Lett almost caused me to throw up Thanksgiving turkey all over my MiL's house. Each time the pain is new, at least for me.

You have 5 Super Bowl memories to help soften the blow plus a Stanley Cup if you are a true Dallas fan. Bufalo just have a couple of sore nuts that take a licking and keep on ticking.

chernobylwraiths
10-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Yeah, a few people around here had some indigestion on that Thanksgiving as well.

churchinski
10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
they invest in all of these special team players and they can't cover an onside kick

it makes no sense