PDA

View Full Version : I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
We found our starting QB. The pick was a bad throw but should have never been called. A field goal wins us the game so shoot Fairchild, not Edwards.

Kelly said he was in "awe." Jaworski couldn't believe the poise. Edwards stood there with the pass rush patiently waiting to make throws and when he didn't have what he wanted he used his TE's, alot.

Did he make mistakes? Yes. But for a rookie playing his second game on Monday Night?

The kid is our starter and putting JP back on the field is a mistake.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 09:09 AM
The Lickers use to praise Jaws/Kelly when they were giving oral to JP.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:12 AM

Losman never had pocket presence and never will. Edwards is making that little half step here and there to make his throws. He's also not afraid to take a hit to make a throw.

Did anyone see Losman pouting on the sideline? The guy is a douche.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 09:16 AM
jaworski had JP out for film sessions last offseason he loves JP

TacklingDummy

It's only a matter of time before he becomes a locker room cancer.

M
I don't need Kelly or Jaworski to say they are impressed with TE. I thought he looked GOOD out there for this only being his 2nd NFL game (and I'm a fan of JP's). The playcalling is still suspect though, and I'm not giving a pass on that.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Losman never had pocket presence and never will. Edwards is making that little half step here and there to make his throws. He's also not afraid to take a hit to make a throw.

Actually it is enough for me thanks. Both of those guys know 10 times more about football than I do and even I see that Edwards has the tools and smarts. BTW, and Im not saying he will be Brady, but this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity. The hardest thing for a QB to understand as a rookie is pocket presence and progressions which is why everyone is so impressed. Edwards is doing the things that is usually most difficult to pick up. Once he gets his timing down with Lee the big plays will come.

Historian
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Kelly said he was in "awe." Jaworski couldn't believe the poise. Edwards stood there with the pass rush patiently waiting to make throws and when he didn't have what he wanted he used his TE's, alot.

Yea well, who wants to believe them over all the great football minds we have here...

:rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Actually it is enough for me thanks. Both of those guys know 10 times more about football than I do and even I see that Edwards has the tools and smarts. BTW, and Im not saying he will be Brady, but this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity. The hardest thing for a QB to understand as a rookie is pocket presence and progressions which is why everyone is so impressed. Edwards is doing the things that is usually most difficult to pick up. Once he gets his timing down with Lee the big plays will come.

Great post. The number one reason that I am impressed with Trent is how he handles the pocket, sees and feels the pressue but get's that extra second to deliver the ball where he needs to. I don't think you can entirely teach that and that's why I don't see a future for JP.

DynaPaul
10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
He looked good last night for what the defense was giving him. Dallas had some seriously blanket coverage on the WRs last night and our running game wasn't doing a hell of a lot to help open things up in the secondary. On a lot of those checkdown plays that people are complaining about every WR was covered solid. Edwards didn't panic and just made the throws he could. He had that one bad pick towards the end but was pretty mistake free the rest of the night.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity.

Now that he has the receivers who can do it. That's what the Bills don't have. JP and Trent share that disadvantage, but Trent has the better intangibles, right now, as a rookie.

imbondz
10-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Now that he has the receivers who can do it. That's what the Bills don't have. JP and Trent share that disadvantage, but Trent has the better intangibles, right now, as a rookie.

exactly. Trent seemed totally comfortable in the pocket, unlike how JP looks. TE never looked panicked except on that int.

Wraith
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
What exactly did Edwards do with that comfort, besides throw to the checkdown on third and long? Being comfortable in the pocket is great, but it's a means to an end. It certainly isn't the goal. Edwards sure looked poised but he was incredibly unproductive.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
nobody will deny that Edwards played a great game against the crappy jets. Of course everyone is gonna praise him for that but his Holcomb like performance isn't gonna garner any praises from them today.

Elminster
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I'll tell you why it won't sway many: they've also praised JP, but none of the haters ever cared. In fact, Jaworski even said he felt JP has been playing well. Edwards didn't play very well and needs to learn to take some risks. He needs to sit when JP gets back, plain and simple. I don't care how much you like him: he's not ready to be a NFL starter.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
How can he learn to take risks on the bench?

He's clearly an NFL starter, and the next step is to become a good, productive starter. JP and Trent are at the same step right now, three years apart.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
What exactly did Edwards do with that comfort, besides throw to the checkdown on third and long? Being comfortable in the pocket is great, but it's a means to an end. It certainly isn't the goal. Edwards sure looked poised but he was incredibly unproductive.
Ok everyone was always saying that JP needs time to get comfortable in the pocket, show poise and make reads and progressions because that takes time and such. Trent shows all of the above in his first 2 starts and that's not good enough for you??? And without a running game might I add. Im by no means a Edwards enthousiast or a JP licker but I give credit where credit is due and I want a QB that will win games and Edwards has shown that he can do that. Any coach or analyst will tell you that getting into the endzone without a running game is hard for any QB let alone a rookie.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
At worst, Trent has caught JP. The fact that he did it in 2-plus games gives him the advantage.

Elminster
10-09-2007, 10:18 AM
How can he learn to take risks on the bench?

He's clearly an NFL starter, and the next step is to become a good, productive starter. JP and Trent are at the same step right now, three years apart. Learning will give him confidence, which he lacks. I saw him throw in warm-ups and he does have a pretty good arm, he just lacks the confidence to use it, and having him throw picks trying to make him do it is just going to damage his confidence in the deep ball. If it keeps happening, he'll become scared-to-death of throwing it. A rookie is a fragile thing...

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Learning will give him confidence, which he lacks. I saw him throw in warm-ups and he does have a pretty good arm, he just lacks the confidence to use it, and having him throw picks trying to make him do it is just going to damage his confidence in the deep ball. If it keeps happening, he'll become scared-to-death of throwing it. A rookie is a fragile thing...
Edwards lacks confidence? He just started his second game on Monday night and handled it better than anyone could have dreamed. The kid is very confident in his abilities. Deep balls are about timing and chemistry.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Learning will give him confidence, which he lacks. I saw him throw in warm-ups and he does have a pretty good arm, he just lacks the confidence to use it, and having him throw picks trying to make him do it is just going to damage his confidence in the deep ball. If it keeps happening, he'll become scared-to-death of throwing it. A rookie is a fragile thing...

He lacks the receivers to use his arm. His confidence is fine. Confidence doesn't mean making stupid throws. Confidence is the least of his worries.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Edwards lacks confidence? He just started his second game on Monday night and handled it better than anyone could have dreamed. The kid is very confident in his abilities. Deep balls are about timing and chemistry.

The sky cam showed there was a wr open (30-40 yds deep)up the middle jumping up and down waving to Trent that he's open (he was all alone .I am gonna have to back and look at the video to see who it was). Trent bailed and went with his checkdown , Royals

Wally The Barber
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Edwards did better then I expected....

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Edwards did better then I expected....

LMFAO so u expected 0 points he started in dallas territory 3 times yesterday 0 points.

he constantly kept throwing ball short of 1st down marker on 3rd down. hes ajoke

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 10:50 AM

During the game Jaworski did a breakdown of what Edwards was seeing on the field, with the camera behind Trent, and what a good job he was doing of going through his progressions. Evans wasn't open, plain and simple.

Unless Trent can throw the ball through defenders, I'll trust the detailed commentary that Jaworski gave over yours.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
LMFAO so u expected 0 points he started in dallas territory 3 times yesterday 0 points.

he constantly kept throwing ball short of 1st down marker on 3rd down. hes ajoke

Just like JP. Few points, not converting third downs.

Comparing the two:

Bad production: Equal.
Bad play calling: Equal.
Bad receivers: Equal.
Little support from run game: Equal.
Arm: JP. Means nothing if he's inconsistent. And anyone who actually knows something knows Trent is no noodle arm.
Mental awareness, pocket presence: Trent. That's what will raise his production if/when the conditions around him improve. That's why he has more upside.

Trent is equal with JP barely into his rookie year.

Slam dunk.

baalworship
10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
The lack of production by the offense has been a problem all season but I liked what I saw from Trent Edwards. A great example was how he responded to the corner blitz. He saw it before the snap and knew where to go with the ball as soon as the ball was snapped.

When the same thing happened to JP, Corner Blitz from his left side he not only didn't make the correct read but got decked.

We can all complain about the offense but Trent Edwards can be very good.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Just like JP. Few points, not converting third downs.

Comparing the two:

Bad production: Equal.
Bad play calling: Equal.
Bad receivers: Equal.
Little support from run game: Equal.
Arm: JP. Means nothing if he's inconsistent. And anyone who actually knows something knows Trent is no noodle arm.
Mental awareness, pocket presence: Trent. That's what will raise his production if/when the conditions around him improve. That's why he has more upside.

Trent is equal with JP barely into his rookie year.

Slam dunk.

what do you have to lose by letting JP start another game? Are you so scared that he might actually play well and all of a suddent the team will be alive? Heaven knows for people that have already given up on the season like yourself , that would be a horrible thing. :rolleyes:

If Jp stinks it up then you'll be happy to know that without any doubt we go with Edwards.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
The lack of production by the offense has been a problem all season but I liked what I saw from Trent Edwards. A great example was how he responded to the corner blitz. He saw it before the snap and knew where to go with the ball as soon as the ball was snapped.

When the same thing happened to JP, Corner Blitz from his left side he not only didn't make the correct read but got decked.

We can all complain about the offense but Trent Edwards can be very good.

Yep, that's the difference between really watching the game and looking at the stats. Great post!!

Philagape
10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
what do you have to lose by letting JP start another game?

What do we have to lose by letting Trent continue to start? The question is equal for both. If we start JP, then Trent loses development time and inevitable future is delayed.
JP has not earned any advantage. He's too inconsistent.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Who thinks JP would have played better last night?? Seriously?

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
What do we have to lose by letting Trent continue to start? The question is equal for both. If we start JP, then Trent loses development time and inevitable future is delayed.
JP has not earned any advantage. He's too inconsistent.

what a stupid post. Haven't you learned anything from the Willis/ Henry situation? Put JP back there and we'll know for sure .

Trent is gonna develop eventually, What we may lose is a qb who was ignorinvg last year and people were actually saying he has shown he is a starting qb only to be held back by questionable playcalling that you amdit is a problem.

You guys are so easy to give the reigns to a rookie who although showed signs of composure , didn't show he had big game ability , who happened to hold the ball long and lost a game for us.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM
We found our starting QB. The pick was a bad throw but should have never been called. A field goal wins us the game so shoot Fairchild, not Edwards.

Did he make mistakes? Yes. But for a rookie playing his second game on Monday Night?

The kid is our starter and putting JP back on the field is a mistake.
You can add Steve Young to the list.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
what a stupid post. Haven't you learned anything from the Willis/ Henry situation? Put JP back there and we'll know for sure .

I've seen all I need to see. JP's had two-plus years, and he still looks like he did the first year.
And JP is NO Travis Henry. Stupid analogy.

Trent is gonna develop eventually, What we may lose is a qb who was ignorinvg last year and people were actually saying he has shown he is a starting qb only to be held back by questionable playcalling that you amdit is a problem.

Playcalling has nothing to do with his indecision, panic attacks and poor mechanics.

You guys are so easy to give the reigns to a rookie who although showed signs of composure , didn't show he had big game ability , who happened to hold the ball long and lost a game for us.

JP hasn't showed big game ability either. He beats bad teams, and he's lost games too.

Did JP get a raw deal? Maybe. But that's the way it is. Too bad. If we didn't have an alternative, we could stick with him. But we do, and the 5-game rookie has shown he can do what JP does. He's way better than JP was at the same point, and he's equal to JP now. The future starts now.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I've seen all I need to see. JP's had two-plus years, and he still looks like he did the first year.
And JP is NO Travis Henry. Stupid analogy. .not my problem you can't see the possibility of the same situation happeneing letting someone go too soon especially is the coaches are the ones who put them in a situation to fail. :rolleyes:

Playcalling has nothing to do with his indecision, panic attacks and poor mechanics. .
So the same thing can be said about last night especially in the INT that lost us the game. It was bad mechanics from the snap. Staring at his reciver down to the throw.

I smell a double standard coming :shakeno:

JP hasn't showed big game ability either. He beats bad teams, and he's lost games too. . so far we know that about Edwards as well. He beat one crappy team and lost another game that the rest of the team played so hard to win against all odds.

I smell another double standard on it's way.

Did JP get a raw deal? Maybe. But that's the way it is. Too bad. If we didn't have an alternative, we could stick with him. But we do, and the 5-game rookie has shown he can do what JP does. He's way better than JP was at the same point, and he's equal to JP now. The future starts now.

once again, we have nothing to lose by playing him. We will gain answers if we do but for someone who's already gven up on the season, the posibility of success must scare the crap out of you.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 01:35 PM
not my problem you can't see the possibility of the same situation happeneing letting someone go too soon especially is the coaches are the ones who put them in a situation to fail. :rolleyes:

Possibilities are not enough. It's possible we could win the rest our games 31-0 and the Super Bowl, but I'm not going to count on it.
Trent has the same possibilities that JP does.

So the same thing can be said about last night especially in the INT that lost us the game. It was bad mechanics from the snap. Staring at his reciver down to the throw.

I smell a double standard coming :shakeno:

It's a rookie mistake. JP makes rookie mistakes, and he makes them more than Trent does. Being a rookie is a legit double standard, unlike the ones being made for JP.
In 2005 I defended JP solely on the basis that it was his first year, so I'm being consistent.

so far we know that about Edwards as well. He beat one crappy team and lost another game that the rest of the team played so hard to win against all odds.

I smell another double standard on it's way.

Like I said, the two are equal. When a five-game rookie is equal to a three-year vet, that indicates the five-game rookie is the way to go.

once again, we have nothing to lose by playing him. We will gain answers if we do but for someone who's already gven up on the season, the posibility of success must scare the crap out of you.

We have development and wasted time to lose, and Trent gives us the same chance for success. You can keep making the same wrong points over and over, and I'll keep making the same counterpoints because they're right.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 01:38 PM

if im a licker your a trent tard nothing personel lol

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Possibilities are not enough. It's possible we could win the rest our games 31-0 and the Super Bowl, but I'm not going to count on it.
Trent has the same possibilities that JP does.

It's a rookie mistake. JP makes rookie mistakes, and he makes them more than Trent does. Being a rookie is a legit double standard, unlike the ones being made for JP.
In 2005 I defended JP solely on the basis that it was his first year, so I'm being consistent.

Like I said, the two are equal. When a five-game rookie is equal to a three-year vet, that indicates the five-game rookie is the way to go.

We have development and wasted time to lose, and Trent gives us the same chance for success. You can keep making the same wrong points over and over, and I'll keep making the same counterpoints because they're right.

haha! not even gonna bother anymore. This post is a douche.a Mancrush post if I ever saw one. One game for JP is wasted time in Trent development. :coocoo: a "legit" double standard. :snicker:

Philagape
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I accept your concession.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I accept your concession.

haha! you make a horrible french impersonation.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 02:08 PM
haha! you make a horrible french impersonation.

Mais non! C'est idiotique!

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Mais non! C'est idiotique!

:limp:

Philagape
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
:limp:

And the debate has officially sunk to the Justa level.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
And the debate has officially sunk to the Justa level.

what do you care. you've already given up.

billser
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I must say that Im a fan of both. I liked Jps ability to throw it deep and he kind of reminded me of Favre in playing style. I like Trents poise and awareness, intangibles u cant teach. Having said that, I think that JP is a GOOD qb, but Trent is destined to be great. Say what you will, and ive been backing JP for a long time, I dont think their will ever be games where we have to enduring 80 yards passing games from Trent....I really think he is gonna be great whereas JP is simply just a good qb....

Historian
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
what do you have to lose by letting JP start another game?

Another game.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 03:03 PM
:spit:

acehole
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
At no piont did either say he should start over JP or that he was better...so stop dropping names to make your points....you lickers can't see beond the spit that drools from your mouths. 2 NFL games is not enough for an assesement either way. He is what the non lickers says he is a good rookie prospect and glad to have on the bills. So can the man crush slow down? Lets all wait for after the bye week a few games. We have showcased edwards enough..I hope the phone rings for marv and we can get 2 first day picks for him (Edwards) and be done with this stupid topic...

He

acehole
10-09-2007, 04:18 PM
At no piont did either say he should start over JP or that he was better...so stop dropping names to make your points....you lickers can't see beond the spit that drools from your mouths. 2 NFL games is not enough for an assesement either way. He is what the non lickers says he is a good rookie prospect and glad to have on the bills. So can the man crush slow down? Lets all wait for after the bye week a few games. We have showcased edwards enough..I hope the phone rings for marv and we can get 2 first day picks for him (Edwards) and be done with this stupid topic...

He

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Another game.
okay MS. Cleo. Sme can be said about dink and dunk.

Historian
10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
You walked right into that one...admit it.

:nana:

Night Train
10-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I have yet to see Edwards go downfield in pre-season and these 2 1/2 games. I saw the Capt. Dumpoff act with Holcomb and hated it. I won't put on my blinders like many here until I see him hit Evans deep. If he can't , then I know where we'll be drafting next year, If Losman is moved.

I saw Dallas stick 9 in the box all night, knowing he wasn't going to beat them. If you don't like Losman, tha's one thing. But don't tell me I have to settle for Edwards. He has LOTS to prove. He couldn't make a play to save himself last night, while the D at ST's came up big.