I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you.

We found our starting QB. The pick was a bad throw but should have never been called. A field goal wins us the game so shoot Fairchild, not Edwards.

Kelly said he was in "awe." Jaworski couldn't believe the poise. Edwards stood there with the pass rush patiently waiting to make throws and when he didn't have what he wanted he used his TE's, alot.

Did he make mistakes? Yes. But for a rookie playing his second game on Monday Night?

The kid is our starter and putting JP back on the field is a mistake.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you.

The Lickers use to praise Jaws/Kelly when they were giving oral to JP.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Re: I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you.

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      The Lickers use to praise Jaws/Kelly when they were giving oral to JP.

Losman never had pocket presence and never will. Edwards is making that little half step here and there to make his throws. He's also not afraid to take a hit to make a throw.

Did anyone see Losman pouting on the sideline? The guy is a douche.

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Re: I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you

jaworski had JP out for film sessions last offseason he loves JP

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          It's only a matter of time before he becomes a locker room cancer.

Comment

• M
            • Aug 2006

I don't need Kelly or Jaworski to say they are impressed with TE. I thought he looked GOOD out there for this only being his 2nd NFL game (and I'm a fan of JP's). The playcalling is still suspect though, and I'm not giving a pass on that.
            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Losman never had pocket presence and never will. Edwards is making that little half step here and there to make his throws. He's also not afraid to take a hit to make a throw.

Actually it is enough for me thanks. Both of those guys know 10 times more about football than I do and even I see that Edwards has the tools and smarts. BTW, and Im not saying he will be Brady, but this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity. The hardest thing for a QB to understand as a rookie is pocket presence and progressions which is why everyone is so impressed. Edwards is doing the things that is usually most difficult to pick up. Once he gets his timing down with Lee the big plays will come.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Kelly said he was in "awe." Jaworski couldn't believe the poise. Edwards stood there with the pass rush patiently waiting to make throws and when he didn't have what he wanted he used his TE's, alot.
                Yea well, who wants to believe them over all the great football minds we have here...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  Actually it is enough for me thanks. Both of those guys know 10 times more about football than I do and even I see that Edwards has the tools and smarts. BTW, and Im not saying he will be Brady, but this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity. The hardest thing for a QB to understand as a rookie is pocket presence and progressions which is why everyone is so impressed. Edwards is doing the things that is usually most difficult to pick up. Once he gets his timing down with Lee the big plays will come.
                  Great post. The number one reason that I am impressed with Trent is how he handles the pocket, sees and feels the pressue but get's that extra second to deliver the ball where he needs to. I don't think you can entirely teach that and that's why I don't see a future for JP.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

He looked good last night for what the defense was giving him. Dallas had some seriously blanket coverage on the WRs last night and our running game wasn't doing a hell of a lot to help open things up in the secondary. On a lot of those checkdown plays that people are complaining about every WR was covered solid. Edwards didn't panic and just made the throws he could. He had that one bad pick towards the end but was pretty mistake free the rest of the night.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Re: I guess Kelly and Jaworski being impressed with Edwards isn't good enough for you

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      this is EXACTLY how Brady started out as a first time starter. Check downs and intermediate throws. He rarely went deep. Actually the deep ball is something Brady has only recently been completing with regularity.
                      Now that he has the receivers who can do it. That's what the Bills don't have. JP and Trent share that disadvantage, but Trent has the better intangibles, right now, as a rookie.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Now that he has the receivers who can do it. That's what the Bills don't have. JP and Trent share that disadvantage, but Trent has the better intangibles, right now, as a rookie.
                        exactly. Trent seemed totally comfortable in the pocket, unlike how JP looks. TE never looked panicked except on that int.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Wraith
                          • Mar 2003

What exactly did Edwards do with that comfort, besides throw to the checkdown on third and long? Being comfortable in the pocket is great, but it's a means to an end. It certainly isn't the goal. Edwards sure looked poised but he was incredibly unproductive.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

nobody will deny that Edwards played a great game against the crappy jets. Of course everyone is gonna praise him for that but his Holcomb like performance isn't gonna garner any praises from them today.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

I'll tell you why it won't sway many: they've also praised JP, but none of the haters ever cared. In fact, Jaworski even said he felt JP has been playing well. Edwards didn't play very well and needs to learn to take some risks. He needs to sit when JP gets back, plain and simple. I don't care how much you like him: he's not ready to be a NFL starter.
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X