PDA

View Full Version : That "Reed in Motion" running play.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
you guys know the play I'm referring to- Reed starts out wide, then motions the slot receiver to the LOS. He then goes in motion, and stops off tackle- sometimes to the right of the formation, sometimes to the left.

But EVERY time, they run to the side Reed is on. It's the most predictable play in the NFL- I know Reed's a good run blocker, but Fairchild needs to stop being so damn obvious.

Either a) take the play out of the playbook or b) run more plays out of that set- a WR screen, a pass to the opposite side, a misdirection, SOMETHING. But for ****'s sake, stop broadcasting where the point of attack will be then wondering why the running game stops working.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I predicted a lot of our runs. And when a drunk fan watchin it on TV can do it, I'm sure Wade Phillips can.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
op i think i posted on here yesterday watching other teams play on sunday truly shows me what a joke we are. i complained about play calling after week 1, then week 2, and its been even a bigger joke the last few weeks. becuz they trying to fool us with 3 yard passes as being some efficient machine. A TOTAL JOKE

trapezeus
10-09-2007, 09:31 AM
during the broncos game, the bills seemed to try plays that didn't work only to set up another play later. like, they'd run a sweep knowing it probably only get a yard or two. Then the next play they'd run the same play but run the WR as the reverse.

But this game, they just ran plays and never tried to catch the defense keying in on their tendancies. After a couple WR screens, you'd think they'd pump and go. You think after a couple runs up the middle, there would be a fleaflicker. Take advantage that you're predictable by lulling them into something.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
you guys know the play I'm at- Reed starts out wide, then motions the slot receiver to the LOS. He then goes in motion, and stops off tackle- sometimes to the right of the formation, sometimes to the left.

But EVERY time, they run to the side Reed is on. It's the most predictable play in the NFL- I know Reed's a good run blocker, but Fairchild needs to stop being so damn obvious.

Either a) take the play out of the playbook or b) run more plays out of that set- a WR screen, a pass to the opposite side, a misdirection, SOMETHING. But for ****'s sake, stop broadcasting where the point of attack will be then wondering why the running game stops working.
Spot on! It really is too obvious that they are running when Reed does that. Talk about a give away. They should really change that up.