imbondz
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
sucked last night. oh so overrated.

imbondz
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I kept hoping they'd throw it to him.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Let's give our CBs credit they played him well and they played aggressive. TO is a very good WR, our guys just outplayed him.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
He got shut down by Jabari Greer and George Wilson. Who saw that one coming?

McGee also did well against him.

Such a wasted effort, though.

DynaPaul
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
They'll lose to the Pats next week.

mybills
10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
McGee also did well against him.

Careful, churchie will groan that post.

JDSmith
10-09-2007, 01:58 PM
They'll lose to the Pats next week.

As a Cowboys fan I like our chances against the Pats. This was the classic trap game, and the Cowboys played as badly as humanly possible. Romo in particular was just horrible. He had 3 picks and 11 TDs (plus 2 rushing TDs) coming into last night - and then he played as poorly as I've ever seen him play. Even when he wasn't under pressure he was just making horrible reads and overthrowing guys. I don't think there is any chance next week that the Cowboys come out and play poorly. I fully expect them to play their best game of the year against the Pats, like they played their best game of last year against the (then) unbeaten Colts.

And yes, TO was bad last night. For all his stats, he's no Michael Irvin. Irvin would have made those catches last night. TO needs to redeem himself next week.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Careful, churchie will groan that post.

I've always liked McGee on ST. At corner, he's really only had one good year and isn't consistent enough to be the team's #1 corner like he is right now. But he certainly got the job done last night.

I know I'm kind of the resident pessimist around here, but I try to be objective when it comes to actual performance. I'm not afraid to compliment a player I generally don't like when they do something to warrant it or criticize a player I generally like when they fail.

I don't see the point of continuing to dog guys when they actually do their jobs. McGee should have caught that INT but for the most part he had a good game and shut down TO, not to mention the TD. So he gets props for this game.

Valerie
10-09-2007, 02:41 PM
TO sucks! He gets paid millions of dollars and he's nothing but a waste who can't catch and hold onto the ball. I NEVER wanted him on the Cowboys and so far, he's shown me that I was right. I think he sucks. I'd rather have a player than a showboat.

FlyingElvis
10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
As a Cowboys fan I like our chances against the Pats.
I'm not sure why. The Bills just handed Belichick a nice fat blueprint. The difference is, the Pats have the offense to make you pay for Romo's deficiencies.

JDSmith
10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure why. The Bills just handed Belichick a nice fat blueprint. The difference is, the Pats have the offense to make you pay for Romo's deficiencies.

I'll tell you why, because there was no blueprint. Romo just went out and made bad plays. There is no excuse to read cover 2 when it's cover 1 and throw it right to the safety. Teams have been trying to confuse and write the blueprint for Romo every week, and he came into the game with 11 TDs and 3 Ints. This game was an aberration, nothing more or less. Romo had a bad night and made some really bad throws. Don't count on it happening twice in two weeks.

FlyingElvis
10-09-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll tell you why, because there was no blueprint. Romo just went out and made bad plays. There is no excuse to read cover 2 when it's cover 1 and throw it right to the safety.
But I'm suggesting how the Bills disguised coverages IS the blueprint. If he has trouble reading what a defense is doing, he is in big trouble against the Pats.

Romo's overrated. Every throw he threw was up for grabs last night. I know he has had some spectacular games, but he's had some real stinkers too.

Oaf
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't think TO was bad as to how well Wilson and Greer played against him.

JDSmith
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
But I'm suggesting how the Bills disguised coverages IS the blueprint. If he has trouble reading what a defense is doing, he is in big trouble against the Pats.

Romo's overrated. Every throw he threw was up for grabs last night. I know he has had some spectacular games, but he's had some real stinkers too.

I disagree. The Bills didn't do anything fancy to disguise coverages. They were still running the cover 2 or cover 1. The Creep as they were calling it was supposed to generate pressure by confusing blocking assignments on the line. It didn't really work, Romo was not under any undue pressure during the game. He simply played poorly. It happens. And yes, he was off all night last night, even to the end of the game. But I wouldn't count on that as a Patriots fan. Because the odds of him coming out and playing that poorly two games in a row are very low. And in fact it was probably the Patriots game that caused him to play so poorly against the Bills. He got caught looking, and from the look of it so did the rest of the team.

If you are saying he's overrated I'm going to have to assume you haven't really watched him. You probably see one or two games and base your opinion off of that. I wish the Patriots coaching staff thought like you, but I doubt they are going to form an opinion based off of one MNF game where Romo played terribly.