PDA

View Full Version : What's worse than losing a game like that?

Stewie
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
:rant:

Coming here and seeing the same stupid coverreacting and petty BS.

Trent Edwards didn't win twelve superbowls in two weeks? Bench him.
Dick Jauron didn't personally go out and cover the onsides kick? Fire him.
Marv Levy didn't strap it up as the strong side backer and press the zone when everyone knew it would be a short pass? He's old, decrepit and fired!

The fact is, we played a great and passionate game, but we left too much time on the clock and made too many mistakes at the end. Dallas is a better football team than we are. That's just the way it is right now. You should never be in a football game when your QB has six turnovers, but that's where Dallas found themselves yesterday. They took advantage of it, in a very hostile environment. Props to them for that.

As for the Bills.. if this game didn't prove the concept of "team" to posters here then nothing ever will. We will never win the superbowl in buffalo by signing the biggest name free agents or coaches, by overspending, or getting the splashiest stadium and accompanying revenue. We are a small market team. Incessant *****ing and moaning will never change that. However, the Bills can very obviously find success with the right mix of smart and passionate players and coaches. And with consistent execution in all three phases of every game.

We win last nights game with a modicum of production from our offense. Considering we're starting a rookie QB and RB, with an offensive line that's been together for 5 games, we really can't expect much from them right now. We need to add another pass catching target or two, and in my opinion we need to open up the playbook bigtime. But mostly, we need to let them play and grow together. You know, as a team.

As much as it pains me to say this, we have to let Trent Edwards finish out the season. I really like JP. I've supported him the entire time he's been here. He's a good kid with a lot of physical ability, and his contributions to the city of Buffalo are unparalleled by any recent player. I really will be disappointed if he doesn't stay in Buffalo beyond this season. That said, he's had his chances and he didn't show enough with them. Trent Edwards looks like he can be the real deal. I'd love to see what he could do if the coaches let him throw deep once in a while to open up the defense.

In conclusion: goddammit people quit yer *****ing or just shut the hell up. Bills fans need to support our TEAM, and not pick apart the anointed loser of the week. We may not always win as team, but we will ALWAYS lose by supporting individuals.

I know this rant is all over the place, but I made my points and I feel better.

/rant

imbondz
10-09-2007, 10:06 AM
it actually makes me feel better reading everyone's posts, positive or negative, even tho I like the positive posts better. it makes me feel better knowing that i'm not a freak for caring as much as I do and feeling like my heart got ripped out of my chest last night.

gil
10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
it actually makes me feel better reading everyone's posts, positive or negative, even tho I like the positive posts better. it makes me feel better knowing that i'm not a freak for caring as much as I do and feeling like my heart got ripped out of my chest last night.

this one's going to hurt for a long, long time.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
What I hate is how people try to frame some of this stuff as an overreaction to this game.

Jauron should be fired for a lot more reasons than JUST this game, yet some people can only remember as far back as the most recent game so they try to frame it as post-game frustration despite the legitimate reasons for it.

Don't Panic
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
this one's going to hurt for a long, long time.

It doesn't have to... we made some huge strides last night. I know in the end that its W's and L's that count, but we're two last secong field goal attempts away from being 3-2. 7 regulars out on D, rookie RB and QB, and we're that close to 3-2? That's progress... and its a lot more sound progress than what we've been trying the last few years. I can say, unequivocaly, that I would take last night's loss over getting blown out. Hands down. This team is definitely headed in the right direction.

If you want a loss that rips fits the description of "hurt for a long, long time" check one of the SBs or the Ten. playoff game. There was something big on th line in those games. This was jsut a learning experience, and a good one of Jauron can give the team the right perspective on it.

JD
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
It is not possible to cover Jauron/Fairchilds ass after what happend on the Dallas ten yard line. Inexcusable!!!! A field goal = a win.

Wow, just WOW.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
more 75% pass efforts that amount to nothing becuz they are all 5 yard passes

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
What I hate even more is that people overlook the gameplan and focus on one play.

Fact is, Jauron deserves a ton of credit for coaching a team and defense that spanked Romo like they did. Focusing on one play is shortsighted.

ONE play? We scored THREE points on offense and there were several questionable decisions- the pass play that led to the INT, the decision to go for the FG instead of punt before the half, using two timeouts early in the first half, etc.

This has been Jauron's MO- a good game plan (well, half a good game plan this time) then failing to adjust and getting outcoached during the game.

Fairchild's offense is predictable, plays conservative when they should be risky, and risky when they should be conservative. And Jauron lets him get away with it every time.

There is absolutely no excuse for the D to outplay the O despite all the offseason money going to the O and the injuries on D. It goes DIRECTLY back to Jauron and Fairchild.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
What I hate is how people try to frame some of this stuff as an overreaction to this game.

Jauron should be fired for a lot more reasons than JUST this game, yet some people can only remember as far back as the most recent game so they try to frame it as post-game frustration despite the legitimate reasons for it.

I think it's a little bit more than coincidence that under Jauron, we've lost at least 5 games by 1 point. He can't close the deal.

Stewie
10-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Is it really up to the head coach to close the deal? Isn't the coach's job to put players in a position to win? Were the Bills not in that position last night, and the other 1 point losses?

I agree the head coach is to blame, but blame is appropriate because of his job title. It doesn't make it Dick's fault. IMO it's the players fault; their execution. One more earned set of downs anytime in the second half, we win last night's game. Same goes for the other close ones.

Does Dick share some fault? Absolutely. I don't think he needs to reinvent the wheel. I think the offense should make small changes to soften up the defense. Like, I dunno, throw it deep EARLY to Lee Evans, even if he's triple covered. Then do it again on the next play). Our running game will immediately improve when one of those deep balls connects.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 11:38 AM
STILL HAVING DICK JAURON AS YOUR HEAD COACH? thats worse then losing that game

chernobylwraiths
10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
The answer to the question in the title is sliping off the pedals while riding your bike and not having a seat. But it is close.

bocephuz
10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
This is what it felt like to me...

http://tn7.deviantart.com/300W/i/2003/39/f/9/a_kick_in_the_nuts.jpg

BlackMetalNinja
10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Agreed Paul...

What really cracks me up is up until last night, pretty much most everybody here agreed that we were going to get stomped. We almost did, and should have won, but we didn't, so now it's the apocalypse?

Sure, it sucked, a lot, and we certainly were in position to win that game, but the widely acknowledged better team found a way to win.

Whatever though, I guess a large population of the people here feel better about themselves if they can be bloodthirsty towards their team for making them upset.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Jauron had a winnable game handed to him.

Two stupid calls cost us this game. The field goal before the half and the pass attempt at the 15.

That's Jauron's fault.

However, firing Jauron is ludicrous at this point. He has a crappy roster and has the team playing a level that is beyond their talent right now. I think he'll get fired for boneheaded decisions but not before he has built a decent team and roster.

alohabillsfan
10-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Paul, I could not agree more! I live down here in Jacksonville and everyone at works knows I am a rabid Bills fan (and will attend the game here in Nov). I dreaded coming to work this morning awaiting the lashing but instead they where shocked at the Bills Defense and stadium! That place was rocking! I am proud of the effort on Defense we just need to take the next step! We are getting close and the Bills played their hearts out for 59 min and 58 seconds!

This bashing of DJ is unreal! The team was in position to win they did not execute period that is not DJ's fault! Does DJ get credit for the defensive performance?

The team played better and we just need to fix the offense.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Agreed Paul...

What really cracks me up is up until last night, pretty much most everybody here agreed that we were going to get stomped. We almost did, and should have won, but we didn't, so now it's the apocalypse?

Sure, it sucked, a lot, and we certainly were in position to win that game, but the widely acknowledged better team found a way to win.

Whatever though, I guess a large population of the people here feel better about themselves if they can be bloodthirsty towards their team for making them upset.

Im sorry but I disagree. If Dallas came in and beat us then fine they win we lose no harm no foul, but we lost the games they didnt beat us. You know how much more that stings? Seriously we didnt get beat by anybody last night we got beat by our damn selves. Im sorry but thats not the way I want my football team to ever play. Losing that game last night was ridiculous and Paul is right its not about an individual player or coach who messed up the whole team blew this game. Down right disgraceful.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Just imagine what our team would be like if we had an offense. We couldve won that game 50-20

Stewie
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Im sorry but I disagree. If Dallas came in and beat us then fine they win we lose no harm no foul, but we lost the games they didnt beat us. You know how much more that stings? Seriously we didnt get beat by anybody last night we got beat by our damn selves. Im sorry but thats not the way I want my football team to ever play. Losing that game last night was ridiculous and Paul is right its not about an individual player or coach who messed up the whole team blew this game. Down right disgraceful.

BMN never really said Dallas beat us. I think we can all agree it was disgraceful to lose that game.

And it's Tom Donahoe's fault. :D

DynaPaul
10-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Having my testicles put in a waffle press was less painful than the ending of that game last night.

DraftBoy
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Having my testicles put in a waffle press was less painful than the ending of that game last night.
TMI

kinigirly
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
with 10 minutes left in the game i knew this was gonna be denver again. i've finally come to a place in my life to expect the worst and not get my hopes up. don't get me wrong...i LOVED what defense and special teams did this game. i screamed and jumped for joy and was excited. but i wasn't hopeful. as awesome as the game was going, i never said to myself Oh my god we can win this. i know better. when we lost i simply said, welcome to buffalo.

VegasFan
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
To me, that was the worst loss ever. A team does not lose with 6 turnovers. It was friggin Dallas, it was Monday nite, it was respect for the team and city on the line. I cannot believe how we lost, after all the kudos the announcers were throwing our way, positive pictures of western new york, a chance to get some momentum before the bye and magahee. Run the ball and kick a fieldgoal, go up bye 11 points, game over. I am devistated.