PDA

View Full Version : We all know the negatives... How bout the positives.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Here are mine

1) We might have just found a new starting CB that plays aggressive and makes plays. Greer is the real deal. Mcgee also played really well.

2) We might have also found a new starting FS/SS combo with Wilson and Whitner. Whitner had a solid game in run support playing very Bob Sanders like.

3) McCargo is a BEAST. He should unseat Tripplett.

4) The OL can pass block really well and against aggressive 3-4 teams is even more impressive.

5) We have shut down the run 2 weeks in a row and this week against the second biggest OL in the league next to ours.

6) Parrish and Reed are solid.

7) Crowell is playing awesome lately.

RedEyE
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Defense played an exceptionally well football game.

If Juaron is fired for some reason, the Bills have to crown Bobby April head cheese. This guy knows how to prepare week after week.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Defense played an exceptionally well football game.

If Juaron is fired for some reason, the Bills have to crown Bobby April head cheese. This guy knows how to prepare week after week.
I dont know about that April talk. Jauron has our guys pretty well prepared for a bunch of second year and 2nd and 3rd stringers.

RedEyE
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont know about that April talk. Jauron has our guys pretty well prepared for a bunch of second year and 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Precisely why I emphasize "IF". If this board had its vote tomorrow, Dick would be out on his ear. We all know that with age, Ralph certainly hasn't focused on patience.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Precisely why I emphasize "IF". If this board had its vote tomorrow, Dick would be out on his ear. We all know that with age, Ralph certainly hasn't focused on patience.
Yeah I think we need to be patient with Dick and his staff let them build consistency for our offense. Turnover at the coaching positions every 2 years is not a recipe for winning. They will find their niche and things will improve week to week.

TheBrownBear
10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
The one thing I really like about Jauron is that he always gets our guys ready for battle, regardless of the opponent. Our guys always compete. Given the injuries, all logic pointed to getting absolutely destroyed this week. But not only did we avoid destruction, we actually outplayed Dallas and arguably deserved to win that game. Unfortunately, the big downside to Dick is that he is a poor in game coach that can't seem to make the right "big" decisions that could seal us some wins.

But yes, definitely a lot of positives to take away from last night's game: Reed and Parrish, entire defense, Moorman (always a +), Edwards, TE's, etc. If our guys don't hang their heads, this game is certainly something to build on. The defense is really humming right now. If we can get the offense on track to an acceptable standard...say, 320 yards/game and 17-20 points, we should win some ball games in the next few weeks.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:48 AM
The one thing I really like about Jauron is that he always gets our guys ready for battle, regardless of the opponent. Our guys always compete. Given the injuries, all logic pointed to getting absolutely destroyed this week. But not only did we avoid destruction, we actually outplayed Dallas and arguably deserved to win that game. Unfortunately, the big downside to Dick is that he is a poor in game coach that can't seem to make the right "big" decisions that could seal us some wins.

But yes, definitely a lot of positives to take away from last night's game: Reed and Parrish, entire defense, Moorman (always a +), Edwards, TE's, etc. If our guys don't hang their heads, this game is certainly something to build on. The defense is really humming right now. If we can get the offense on track to an acceptable standard...say, 320 yards/game and 17-20 points, we should win some ball games in the next few weeks.
That whole "Creep up" defense was a thing of genius. They had no answer for it in the passing game and it stuffed their running game. I hope we see that a lot.

FlyingDutchman
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
They played their freaking hearts out

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
76 rushing yards allowed at 3.5 ypc.... Nice!

Mr. Pink
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
The 12th man. Loud, rowdy and represented the fan base well on national TV.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I watch alot of football and I will say that Jauron could make some of these mistakes with a better roster and nobody would ever notice.

As far as Bobby April, if it's Jauron fault for calling a throw on third down, with 6 minutes left, and well inside field goal range, why am I thinking that Bobby April ends up making the same exact call.

Everyone wants to give April a pass on the onsides kick as well but this is his job to make sure they don't recover it.

I like Bobby April as a special teams coach. As the asst. coach or head coach I think it's a nightmare. Our roster needs to be built on players that can play first and special teams second.