PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the whole positive picture, we have nothing to be ashamed of

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
The team has nothing to be ashamed of at all. We we're supposed to be a doormat and get killed but we really should of won it. The crowd was a true 12th man and the stadium looked great. Fireworks going off, fans going crazy & having fun and I'll assure you this game will be down as one of the best of the season in primetime.

All in all, I think it went well and I don't really have to hang my head in shame.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I would also like to add that despite the loss, i think the team is actually heading the right way. We are competing with much more talented first stringers and playing mostly 2nd and 3rd string guys. Our guys we're prepared and we had our chances. Romo also will remember this game as his worst ever and may not get much sleep for the next few days.

Jerry jones also almost had a stroke in that box, twice. Seeing that was almost worth the price of admission.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
We gave up 9 points in 20 seconds.

We only scored 3 points on offense despite 6 turnovers.

We got 21 points out of D and ST and still couldn't win.

There's plenty to be ashamed of.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
the fact that we were supposed to lose is not an excuse for losing a winnable game.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
the fact that we were supposed to lose is not an excuse for losing a winnable game.

I agree. Losers always talk about hard they tried.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:14 AM

True but the fact that is was a good game and we did not get killed means alot as well. OP, WE' RE DOOMED is your motto but things have a way of evening out. We seem to be finding our defense can actually play some ball and say what you want, the Boys have a true powerhouse offense and a real good D. On paper this was david vs gol.... and we stood toe to toe until the end.

I think we have found some good defensive combo's that obviously can play. When is the last time we had 2 pick 6's in one game??? I can't remember that far back.

So we are improving on Defense, working in a new QB and the O-line is gelling. All in all we are becoming a better team.

OpIv37
10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
True but the fact that is was a good game and we did not get killed means alot as well. OP, WE' RE DOOMED is your motto but things have a way of evening out. We seem to be finding our defense can actually play some ball and say what you want, the Boys have a true powerhouse offense and a real good D. On paper this was david vs gol.... and we stood toe to toe until the end.

but in the end, a loss is a loss. The fact that we played well and might be getting better doesn't help us in the standings. It just makes this year into training camp for next year.

Mahdi
10-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe its because Buffalo is too close to the Canadian border. Thats the Canadian mentality in the Olympics. "I did my best" and "I just hope I can get to the podium." You never hear a Canadian claiming Gold. Im not trying to knock on my ppl but its true. The Bills need that killer instinct, they should have used that Creep defense to end the game. Instead they went safe.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:18 AM
We gave up 9 points in 20 seconds.

We only scored 3 points on offense despite 6 turnovers.

We got 21 points out of D and ST and still couldn't win.

There's plenty to be ashamed of.

We made Romo look real stupid out there, that in itself is a good thing.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
but in the end, a loss is a loss. The fact that we played well and might be getting better doesn't help us in the standings. It just makes this year into training camp for next year.

I think our schedule gets alot easier from here on out and to know who you have that perform well together is the most important thing. You always speak of improving and getting better, that comes with changes. If it's changes by injury or changes by effort, it's something that we need.

I personally would rather have us run the course this year, know just we're we stand and go get who we need in the draft to fill in the blanks. Paying ~.500 gets you no where, if it takes us playing .350 this year to get to .700 next year and a legitmate shot at the post season, great.

This coaching staff is solid and did a great job preparing our 3rd stringers and made them look like 1st stringers. That in itself deserves credits. We have been decimated by injuries this season and it's hurt us for now, in the long run I think it maybe the best for us. We see who we have and get them on the field.

Seeing your whole staff get a chance to play and assess them, priceless.

JD
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Skooby, stop. Please!

We have tons to be ashamed of, starting with Dick Jauron.

www.FireDick.com should be made!

HHURRICANE
10-09-2007, 11:24 AM
We made Romo look real stupid out there, that in itself is a good thing.

Only if we win.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 11:27 AM

We played very well and looking at the big picture, we need to play better as a team. Having a great ST and a improving D is great but we need the offense to really get it together and give us points. Ironically everyone was worried about the D this year and so far they have played above what I expected.