PDA

View Full Version : other check down qbs

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Rank Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
20 Chad Pennington NYJ QB 84 118 71.2 29.5 811 6.9 202.8 6 5 48 40.7 29 6 0 7 89.3
28 Steve McNair BAL QB 103 157 65.6 39.2 922 5.9 230.5 2 2 50 31.8 30 3 0 4 80.2

not interested in signing up for this im sorry

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:31 PM
pennington 71% = 1-4

Mr. Pink
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
You don't want to sign up for QBs who took their teams to the playoffs and one QB who took his team to the SB?

How about Fran Tarkenton? He was captain dink and dunk his entire career.

Your posts to spew hatred about Trent get more REDICULOUS as they go on.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
You don't want to sign up for QBs who took their teams to the playoffs and one QB who took his team to the SB?

WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST JP LOSMAN

75 ratings 1 1yard TD and 3 picks. thats EDAWRDS im not making it up

WTF HAS HE DONE TO HAVE YOU BACK HIM SO MUCH.

OUR D HAS SHOWED UP THE LAST 2 weeks thats the difference between the last 2 weeks and first 3

hydro
10-09-2007, 12:37 PM
WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST JP LOSMAN

75 ratings 1 1yard TD and 3 picks. thats EDAWRDS im not making it up

WTF HAS HE DONE TO HAVE YOU BACK HIM SO MUCH.

OUR D HAS SHOWED UP THE LAST 2 weeks thats the difference between the last 2 weeks and first 3

You're just hilarious. :rofl:

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:43 PM
You're just hilarious. :rofl:

the truth is funny isnt it?

its damn sad stop hating JP and pray he rises in spite of these coaches

casdhf
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
It's not truth. It's obsession. You're high off your ass if you think that JP has outplayed Edwards this season.

JD
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
:lmao:
How old are you? 15?

Edwards = 2 NFL starts

What about Losman?? He has yet to prove himself, so what the **** makes you think he will any time soon????

LOSSMAN..a bad omen from the get go!
Stop posting, save yourself from further embarassment.

hydro
10-09-2007, 12:47 PM
the truth is funny isnt it?

its damn sad stop hating JP and pray he rises in spite of these coaches

The funny thing is that you think starting a new thread every hour about JP is going to convince everyone that they should be on your side. When will you figure out that you're fighting a losing battle. Just give up already.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
It's not truth. It's obsession. You're high off your ass if you think that JP has outplayed Edwards this season.

neither has played well at all.

ill go with the talent im sorry.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
The funny thing is that you think starting a new thread every hour about JP is going to convince everyone that they should be on your side. When will you figure out that you're fighting a losing battle. Just give up already.

im going down with the JP ship till we draft another 1st round qb.

TALENT WINS not systems

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 12:51 PM

TALENT WINS not systems

lol ill quote myself but the ship isnt going down!!!!!!!

hydro
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM

TALENT WINS not systems

Yeah thats exactly the case with QB's like Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler to name a few. Drafting a QB in the first round is always the answer isn't it!

Mr. Pink
10-09-2007, 12:54 PM

TALENT WINS not systems

So was Joe Montana a talent QB or a system QB? Seeing I've seen the argument on this about 2 billion times, literally.

Montana was a 3rd round pick as well, who mostly threw short underneath passes and let guys like dwight clark, freddie solomon, jerry rice, john taylor and roger craig make plays.

There's a reason Bill Walsh called Trent the next Montana, they play a very similiar game and have a huge mental capacity to understand the game.

Million dollar arm QBs with 10 cent brains don't win in this league....see Jeff George. And that's exactly what JP is.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
lol ill quote myself but the ship isnt going down!!!!!!!
No, its just going to be riding the pine for the rest of the year.;)

Ickybaluky
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
It seems to me if teams are taking away the deeper patterns you want your QBs to check down. That is what they are supposed to do. If you want them for force the ball downfield into coverage then you end up with Rex Grossman.

Exactly how do you define a checkdown QB anyway?

JD
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
So was Joe Montana a talent QB or a system QB? Seeing I've seen the argument on this about 2 billion times, literally.

Montana was a 3rd round pick as well, who mostly threw short underneath passes and let guys like dwight clark, freddie solomon, jerry rice, john taylor and roger craig make plays.

There's a reason Bill Walsh called Trent the next Montana, they play a very similiar game and have a huge mental capacity to understand the game.

Million dollar arm QBs with 10 cent brains don't win in this league....see Jeff George. And that's exactly what JP is.
:hail:

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah, what's with this checkdown bull??

Philagape
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
im going down with the JP ship

That's all anyone needs to know about you. You are a creepy JP fan more than you're a Bills fan. Welcome to ignore.

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
It seems to me if teams are taking away the deeper patterns you want your QBs to check down. That is what they are supposed to do. If you want them for force the ball downfield into coverage then you end up with Rex Grossman.

Exactly how do you define a checkdown QB anyway?

Idiots around here don't realize that GOOD QBs check down, A LOT. Look at Brady, Romo, Manning. They all check down as much as they throw down field. They HAVE to. If you constantly throw the ball down field, you become very easy to defend. It's also hard to expect your QB to throw bombs when he's in the face of blitzes all game long.

Then, when he tries to go down field, and is sacked, people say he holds the ball too long.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
:lmao:
How old are you? 15?.

:LOSSMAN..a bad omen from the get go!.

this would make you 10 yrs old?

:Stop posting, save yourself from further embarassment.
practice what you preach.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 01:07 PM

hey every squirrel finds a nut at times pointing out the 1 in 1000 qb as your point is laughable. and yes theres tom brady once again 1 in 1000.

if JP isnt the guy we need to draft a qb again

JD
10-09-2007, 01:07 PM
this would make you 10 yrs old?

practice what you preach.
Where have I shown total incompetance regarding football and the bills? If anything, by supporting JP, you're much more of a joke.

JD
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
hey every squirrel finds a nut at times pointing out the 1 in 1000 qb as your point is laughable. and yes theres tom brady once again 1 in 1000.

if JP isnt the guy we need to draft a qb again

..yeah, because Edwards was given a fair shot right? :candle:

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Idiots around here don't realize that GOOD QBs check down, A LOT. Look at Brady, Romo, Manning. They all check down as much as they throw down field. They HAVE to. If you constantly throw the ball down field, you become very easy to defend. It's also hard to expect your QB to throw bombs when he's in the face of blitzes all game long.

Then, when he tries to go down field, and is sacked, people say he holds the ball too long.

yes im a total fool those qbs your describing also take chances and more then not succeed.

and those patterns are not wide open every time. they let play makers make plays!!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Where have I shown total incompetance regarding football and the bills? If anything, by supporting JP, you're much more of a joke.
LoSSman is gradeschool smack.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:51 PM
The reason they got rid of Bledsoe in NE is because he wouldn't checkdown, look at the results.;)

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
The reason they got rid of Bledsoe in NE is because he wouldn't checkdown, look at the results.;)
and the reason why Fewells AKA Jerry Gray's D beat the jets is because all they could do is checkdown. ;) We played like last weeks jets.

gr8slayer
10-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Did he win the Super Bowl? Freaking more loser mentalities, "it's ok if we don't win just as long as we get there."

You make me sick.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
and the reason why Fewells AKA Jerry Gray's D beat the jets is because all they could do is checkdown. ;) We played like last weeks jets.
They may not have won but Jets checkdown QB was moving the ball pretty good against Bonehead's AKA Bonehead's D.;) They weren't exactly the second coming of the 85 Bears D last week. And let's not confuse Chad's noodlearm with TE's arm. Edwards does have a strong, legitimate NFL arm. Just because he hasn't been throwing bombs all over the place doesn't mean he doesn't have it to use. I'm sure the more confortable he gets with the O and the more he is let off the leash he will produce more deep throws.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:11 PM
They may not have won but Jets checkdown QB was moving the ball pretty good against Bonehead's AKA Bonehead's D.;) They weren't exactly the second coming of the 85 Bears D last week. And let's not confuse Chad's noodlearm with TE's arm. Edwards does have a strong, legitimate NFL arm. Just because he hasn't been throwing bombs all over the place doesn't mean he doesn't have it to use. I'm sure the more confortable he gets with the O and the more he is let off the leash he will produce more deep throws.
My po9nt is, you can't win games with checkdown qb's. They make great back up qb's like Holcomb though . but they can't win the big one.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Did he win the Super Bowl? Freaking more loser mentalities, "it's ok if we don't win just as long as we get there."

You make me sick.

And how many million dollar arm no brain QBs have won anything, let alone a SB? I'll help you here, NONE.

Are you trying to contend that JP leads us on more of a chance to win a Superbowl than Trent Edwards? With Losman you already know what you got...close your eyes and tell me what you see...Nothing. Edwards is a big unknown at this point and deserves some time in the lineup to show what he does or doesn't have.

Is Trent the answer? Who knows. What I do know is JP is not the answer. 4 years worth of no sustained progression in his capacities of the game tells me that right there.

You don't need a QB who's main asset is having a big arm to win a SB. Dilfer, Brady, Griese, Simms, McMahon, Montana.

So how is this having a loser's mentality when I fully support having a guy back there who has the mental capacity to understand the game, how to checkdown when the main option isn't there, how to understand a blitz is coming and not take the sack and fumble, knows what pocket presence and posie is?

I'm glad I make you sick by wanting a player who knows the game over someone who has physical tools.

For your sake I hope Michael Vick gets re-instated, seeing he has ALL the physical tools you'd ever want but a 10 cent brain.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 02:19 PM
My po9nt is, you can't win games with checkdown qb's. They make great back up qb's like Holcomb though . but they can't win the big one.
I don't think he is just a "checkdown QB." He is a rookie in his second game who is trying to play high percentage smart football right now. I would rather have a young QB who is smart enough to manage a game and who recognizes the fact that he has a second and third receiver to dump the ball off to than to have some gunslinger back there who just wants to go long and has no concept that the short game can be his best friend and bail him out. I'm sure the long throws will come more and more with each game. You can already see that he has intangibles that JP doesn't possess as far as smarts and demeanor, it is blatant. The guy does have a string NFL caliber arm.

gr8slayer
10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
And how many million dollar arm no brain QBs have won anything, let alone a SB? I'll help you here, NONE.

Are you trying to contend that JP leads us on more of a chance to win a Superbowl than Trent Edwards? With Losman you already know what you got...close your eyes and tell me what you see...Nothing. Edwards is a big unknown at this point and deserves some time in the lineup to show what he does or doesn't have.

Is Trent the answer? Who knows. What I do know is JP is not the answer. 4 years worth of no sustained progression in his capacities of the game tells me that right there.

You don't need a QB who's main asset is having a big arm to win a SB. Dilfer, Brady, Griese, Simms, McMahon, Montana.

So how is this having a loser's mentality when I fully support having a guy back there who has the mental capacity to understand the game, how to checkdown when the main option isn't there, how to understand a blitz is coming and not take the sack and fumble, knows what pocket presence and posie is?

I'm glad I make you sick by wanting a player who knows the game over someone who has physical tools.

For your sake I hope Michael Vick gets re-instated, seeing he has ALL the physical tools you'd ever want but a 10 cent brain.
Where in that post did I mention Losman or Edwards? Unlike some of you who seem satisfied with losing as long as the team stays in Buffalo I want a championship, I'm not happy with just getting there, I want to win it.

I don't give a flying **** who the QB is, I just want to win, if that means starting Losman then start him, if that means starting Edwards then start him, if it means moving Langston Walker to QB then do it.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't think he is just a "checkdown QB." He is a rookie in his second game who is trying to play high percentage smart football right now. I would rather have a young QB who is smart enough to manage a game and who recognizes the fact that he has a second and third receiver to dump the ball off to than to have some gunslinger back there who just wants to go long and has no concept that the short game can be his best friend and bail him out. I'm sure the long throws will come more and more with each game. You can already see that he has intangibles that JP doesn't possess as far as smarts and demeanor, it is blatant. The guy does have a string NFL caliber arm.

he is what he is right now until proven otherwise. He's no different from Chad pennington (of today) until proven otherwise. Does he have the potential to be a more, definitely, I never denied that. But I'm calling a spade a spade. He's Chad Pennington (present) for now.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 02:37 PM
he is what he is right now until proven otherwise. He's no different from Chad pennington (of today) until proven otherwise. Does he have the potential to be a more, definitely, I never denied that. But I'm calling a spade a spade. He's Chad Pennington (present) for now.
Well, compared to what we have gotten from JP in the last 3 years having Chad Pennington is looking pretty good right now;)......and I hate that Noodlearm.:ill: We've had QBs with strong arms and no brains before, Ala Bledsoe and Johnson, and it didn't work out.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 02:40 PM
This thread is a reason why I would want JP to start against the Ravens and play the same way he did the last time against the Ravens.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, compared to what we have gotten from JP in the last 3 years having Chad Pennington is looking pretty good right now;)......and I hate that Noodlearm.:ill: We've had QBs with strong arms and no brains before, Ala Bledsoe and Johnson, and it didn't work out.

I'd rather go with JP than Chad.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:45 PM
This thread is a reason why I would want JP to start against the Ravens and play the same way he did the last time against the Ravens. why would you want the bills qb to play bad?

Easy E-Lass
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
If anyone still thinks that Losman has the mental capacity to play a game of football without a plethora of mistakes..... you are out of your mind.

Losman will be a good backup for this team. Nothing more.