PDA

View Full Version : Dropped Passes

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Why is it that in every close game, Bills' WRs/TEs/RBs who are usually sure handed, manage to drop key passes that would've been first downs? It's so frustrtating, and it happened with Losman at QB as well. When the ball hits your hands, you have to catch it. Period.

I remember Lynch dropping 2, at least one of them would've been a first down. I can't remember the others, but I know there was at least one other 1st down dropped (Reed maybe?).

These are the plays that make teams 1-4 instead of 4-1. :ill:

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Why is it that in every close game, Bills' WRs/TEs/RBs who are usually sure handed, manage to drop key passes that would've been first downs? It's so frustrtating, and it happened with Losman at QB as well. When the ball hits your hands, you have to catch it. Period.

I remember Lynch dropping 2, at least one of them would've been a first down. I can't remember the others, but I know there was at least one other 1st down dropped (Reed maybe?).

well put as much as i dont like offensive style guys dont catch ballas like they should even though its been better the last couple weeks

mybills
10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
TO dropped two as well.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
The only two dropped passes that stand out in mind are the ones by McGee for interceptions.:cynic:

JD
10-09-2007, 01:32 PM
TO was stripped a few times, not so much dropped

mybills
10-09-2007, 01:38 PM
The only two dropped passes that stand out in mind are the ones by McGee for interceptions.:mad:
I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one. The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 01:39 PM

McGee also dropped a sure INT.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one. The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.
Give me a ****ing break.:rolleyes:

mybills
10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Give me a ****ing break.:rolleyes:
You give me one. I just ***** watched the game again and that's what happened.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
You give me one. I just ***** watched the game again and that's what happened.
:bf1:

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one.. yet he was able to make the same INT against Chad.
The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.

nobody is denying how good as a kick reurner he is but as a cb, he's inconsistent as can be. the great ones will make you pay for your mistakes. McGee keeps giving them a 2nd chance. How many dropped would be ints did he have against Denver? 2.

mybills
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Let's just agree to disagree. It wasn't MaGee who lost the game. Trent's INT hurt more than that dropped pick.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Let's just agree to disagree. It wasn't MaGee who lost the game. Trent's INT hurt more than that dropped pick.
I am not disagreeing with this. You couldn't ask more from the D last night.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 02:14 PM

They both hurt just as much.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:15 PM
They both hurt just as much.
no, the INT lost us the game hands down. Had it been JP who threw that pick , you'd be agreeing with me.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 02:20 PM

On what basis?

We got the ball back after the INT with the same score.

McGee catches, game over.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 02:21 PM
I am not disagreeing with this. You couldn't ask more from the D last night.

Yes, I could ask for not allowing two scores in 24 seconds.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes, I could ask for not allowing two scores in 24 seconds.

against a team that could be agued to be the best team in the NFL, the D decimated by injuries did more than what was expected of them. You might want to turn you attention to the O that scored 3 points. Even the st did better than that.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I don't recall anyone saying he did lose the game last night. Other than those two drops I thought he played his best game as CB so far. I like him alot, I'm just not totally sold on his CB abilities so quit being so defensive.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 02:26 PM
against a team that could be agued to be the best team in the NFL, the D decimated by injuries did more than what was expected of them.

Not good enough. Choking in the clutch nullifies anything else.

You might want to turn you attention to the O that scored 3 points. Even the st did better than that.

Plenty of attention to go around

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Not good enough. Choking in the clutch nullifies anything else.

Plenty of attention to go around

Talk about choke, the O choked. A chance to choke is more than the O ever gave us. 3 freaking points. All the O had to do was preserve what the D and ST did all night . Not only could they not do that, they choked. I know you'd rather try to attempt to put this on the D as well because Trent ****ed it all up.

mybills
10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
On what basis?

We got the ball back after the INT with the same score.

McGee catches, game over.
:scratch: Game over? There was still 2.5 minutes left.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
:scratch: Game over? There was still 2.5 minutes left.

Difference being, we would have had the ball. Dallas needed every second to win.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Talk about choke, the O choked. A chance to choke is more than the O ever gave us. 3 freaking points. All the O had to do was preserve what the D and ST did all night . Not only could they not do that, they choked. I know you'd rather try to attempt to put this on the D as well because Trent ****ed it all up.

Um, defenses preserve leads. Offenses add to them. I guess the O should have tried harder knowing that the D would let them down again. How many times has the O walked off the field with a lead and the D pissed it away? And this one topped them all with a monumental miracle blunder.
What's more freaky, for a QB to throw an INT, or for a D to give up two scores in 24 seconds?

Trent made a mistake too. He gets a share, but by far the greater choke was the D. You're just on a Trent hate spree.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Um, defenses preserve leads. Offenses add to them. I guess the O should have tried harder knowing that the D would let them down again. How many times has the O walked off the field with a lead and the D pissed it away? And this one topped them all with a monumental miracle blunder.
What's more freaky, for a QB to throw an INT, or for a D to give up two scores in 24 seconds?

Trent made a mistake too. He gets a share, but by far the greater choke was the D. You're just on a Trent hate spree.

that wasn't the case last night was it? Our D was actually our offense and the O couldn't preserve the lead. The actually lost the game for us. At the least the ST and the D contirbuted WAY MORE THAN THE O. The O didn't nothing but gave us 3 points and then lost us the game.

WTF?I hate Trent. I like the kid. I defended the pick. You just don't get it. I don't hate either of our Qb's. Just because I think there's still a season to be played ( UNLIKE those with loser mentallity that the season is over) I still want the best players in there and the only way find out is put Jp in there and open up the playboook and see what ahppens.

I don't want to use the rest of the season "to develop" the qb. You wouldn't understand, you have proven to everyone you have the french mentallity of giving up so soon. Pathetic.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Difference being, we would have had the ball. Dallas needed every second to win.

We would not have had the ball. McGee would have ran it back for another TD if he could have held on to it.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
We would not have had the ball. McGee would have ran it back for another TD if he could have held on to it.
I agree . If that happened there was now way Trent could've lost the game for us even if he tried. I hate McGee.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
that wasn't the case last night was it? Our D was actually our offense and the O couldn't preserve the lead. The actually lost the game for us.

Read carefully: DEFENSES. Preserve. Leads.

When the offense walked off the field for the last time, they had the lead. Therefore they did not lose it. Then the defense came on the field, and it's THEIR job to preserve it. THAT was the case last night.

WTF?I hate Trent.

That makes just as much sense as "mancrush." That's the kind of language haters use. I was just responding in kind.

I don't want to use the rest of the season "to develop" the qb. You wouldn't understand, you have proven to everyone you have the french mentallity of giving up so soon. Pathetic.

What's pathetic is the endless homer thinking. What point is the season still salvageable? 1-6? 1-7? When we're "mathematically" eliminated? Give me a number. Nothing's more stupid than clinging to microscopic "possibilities," especially when JP offers no more possibility than Trent.
You're being a hypocrite. You cling to possibilities with JP but dismiss possibilities with Trent. You're the French defeatist about Trent. You're giving up on him when he's played no worse than JP (better than JP, by any knowledgable opinion).
If nothing is impossible to you, then it's the same for both, which is what I say. And if it's the same for both, then possibility is no longer a factor.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Read carefully: DEFENSES. Preserve. Leads.

When the offense walked off the field for the last time, they had the lead. Therefore they did not lose it. Then the defense came on the field, and it's THEIR job is to preserve it. THAT was the case last night.
haha! the O's job is to score points, they didn't do it. The D was the one who put up points. The only thing the O should've done since they could'nt score was at least not to screw it up but they did anyways.

That makes just as much sense as "mancrush." That's the kind of language haters use. . look back during the draft and see who was his biggest supporter. Then maybe you'll get a clue.

What's pathetic is the endless homer thinking. What point is the season still salvageable? 1-6? 1-7? When we're "mathematically" eliminated? Give me a number. Nothing's more stupid than clinging to microscopic "possibilities," especially when JP offers no more possibility than Trent.
You're being a hypocrite. You cling to possibilities with JP but dismiss possibilities with Trent. You're the French defeatist about Trent. You're giving up on him when he's played no worse than JP (better than JP, by any knowledgable opinion).
If nothing is impossible to you, then it's the same for both, which is what I say. And if it's the same for both, then possibility is no longer a factor.

Like I said, you wouldn't understand . You have a french mentallity. Just give up on the season and use it to develop a qb.

In case you didn't know the jets have come back from the dead not long ago and made playoffs. The bills almost made it last year . Although the odds are against us, but you gotta at least try and not give up like you do.

For your info, the last team that came back from 0-4 to make it to the playoffs were the bills . They made it because they didn't think like you. Pathetic.

Philagape
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
haha! the O's job is to score points, they didn't do it.

The D's job is to not allow points, and they didn't do it. Their screw-up was bigger.

Like I said, you wouldn't understand . You have a french mentallity. Just give up on the season and use it to develop a qb.

In case you didn't know the jets have come back from the dead not long ago and made playoffs. The bills almost made it last year . Although the odds are against us, but you gotta at least try and not give up like you do.

For your info, the last team that came back from 0-4 to make it to the playoffs were the bills . They made it because they didn't think like you. Pathetic.

Going with Trent is not giving up. Just as good a chance. Just as much possibility. JP has never done anything to think he can lead an 8-3 run.

Whether it's Trent or JP, we're developing a QB either way, so by your logic, it's giving up either way. JP has showed he's still a work in progress. So that's the same for both too.

justasportsfan
10-09-2007, 05:31 PM
The D's job is to not allow points, and they didn't do it. Their screw-up was bigger.

Going with Trent is not giving up. Just as good a chance. Just as much possibility. JP has never done anything to think he can lead an 8-3 run.

Whether it's Trent or JP, we're developing a QB either way, so by your logic, it's giving up either way. JP has showed he's still a work in progress. So that's the same for both too.

whatever you say you pretty much said the season is over. While it may be , we still play to win.

Had Evans had your pathetic white flag attitude , he would've sat down and kicked right after Trent threw that TD instead of running down to prevent that TD. Evans saved Trent from having a INT ran for a TD.

Them again you wouldn't understand. Those who think like the french never do. :snicker:

Philagape
10-09-2007, 05:57 PM
whatever you say you pretty much said the season is over. While it may be , we still play to win.

Trent can win just as much as JP can. You're the one who said screw the odds, so it shouldn't make any difference to you as far as winning.

Had Evans had your pathetic white flag attitude , he would've sat down and kicked right after Trent threw that TD instead of running down to prevent that TD. Evans saved Trent from having a INT ran for a TD.

Them again you wouldn't understand. Those who think like the french never do. :snicker:

When you're ready to have an actual discussion again, let me know. Knowing you, I expect to see 10 daily posts from you for the next 6 weeks calling me French.