X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Dropped Passes

Why is it that in every close game, Bills' WRs/TEs/RBs who are usually sure handed, manage to drop key passes that would've been first downs? It's so frustrtating, and it happened with Losman at QB as well. When the ball hits your hands, you have to catch it. Period.

I remember Lynch dropping 2, at least one of them would've been a first down. I can't remember the others, but I know there was at least one other 1st down dropped (Reed maybe?).

These are the plays that make teams 1-4 instead of 4-1.
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Dropped Passes

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    Why is it that in every close game, Bills' WRs/TEs/RBs who are usually sure handed, manage to drop key passes that would've been first downs? It's so frustrtating, and it happened with Losman at QB as well. When the ball hits your hands, you have to catch it. Period.

I remember Lynch dropping 2, at least one of them would've been a first down. I can't remember the others, but I know there was at least one other 1st down dropped (Reed maybe?).

well put as much as i dont like offensive style guys dont catch ballas like they should even though its been better the last couple weeks

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

TO dropped two as well.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

The only two dropped passes that stand out in mind are the ones by McGee for interceptions.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

TO was stripped a few times, not so much dropped
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            The only two dropped passes that stand out in mind are the ones by McGee for interceptions.
            I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one. The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

McGee also dropped a sure INT.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one. The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.
                Give me a ****ing break.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                  Give me a ****ing break.
                  You give me one. I just ***** watched the game again and that's what happened.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

You give me one. I just ***** watched the game again and that's what happened.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I know you hate him, but only one was possible. TO hit his hand on the first one..
                      yet he was able to make the same INT against Chad.
                      The second one bounced off his chest and he didn't bring his hands up fast enough to catch it. The kid took on Jones, Hurd, TO and another guy, and did a fine job. Plus he was tackling quite a few guys and assisting tackles as well. He wasn't just a kick returner like everyone says. He did his job completely, and very good.

nobody is denying how good as a kick reurner he is but as a cb, he's inconsistent as can be. the great ones will make you pay for your mistakes. McGee keeps giving them a 2nd chance. How many dropped would be ints did he have against Denver? 2.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Let's just agree to disagree. It wasn't MaGee who lost the game. Trent's INT hurt more than that dropped pick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Let's just agree to disagree. It wasn't MaGee who lost the game. Trent's INT hurt more than that dropped pick.
                          I am not disagreeing with this. You couldn't ask more from the D last night.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

They both hurt just as much.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              They both hurt just as much.
                              no, the INT lost us the game hands down. Had it been JP who threw that pick , you'd be agreeing with me.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X