PDA

View Full Version : Think Marty Is Bored Yet?

raphael120
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Let's get Schottenheimer in here.

Today.

Come on Ralph.

Get the private jet going.

Get it done.

mchurchfie
10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
:bf1:

LtBillsFan66
10-09-2007, 03:07 PM
get er done

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Think Marty would come to Buffalo??

hydro
10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Think Marty would come to Buffalo??

Who knows, but hoping he does sure beats the hell out of disecting our epic defeat last night!

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Who knows, but hoping he does sure beats the hell out of disecting our epic defeat last night!

Word.:respect:

billser
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I can tell u this much, marty wouldve ran it on 3rd down last night and contained the victory for us...MMARRTTYY BALLL

Historian
10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
As an alumnus, I think he would love to coach here.

djjimkelly
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
GO MARTY GO

Captain gameboy
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
As an alumnus, I think he would love to coach here.

Ya. It would be his last chance to finally win a playoff game here.
He hasn't yet.

No thanks.

Kerr
10-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Ya. It would be his last chance to finally win a playoff game here.
He hasn't yet.

No thanks.

Parcells won't come back. Cowher will probably stay retired. The only reason Marty was fired because of his sour relationship with AJ Smith. Face it, he's the best option out there. You'd rather have another jauron or unknown? That's been sampled, and trust me, it doesn't work here. Next step is to get a coach who can actually put up a winning season from time to time. And martyball has.

trapezeus
10-09-2007, 04:05 PM
martyball is like voting for ROn Paul. it sounds good, but if it actually turned out that way, you'd be really disappointed. Both sides of the aisle. Similarly, Marty wins to get you to playoff games, but the first round loss would hurt just like this cowboy game.

but imagine having faith and fun from sept through december, only to know, that you are going to lose in the first round. This is too rumplestitskin for me.

Just find another real deal head coach. Lure Cowher out. Lure Parcells. Steal Belichick. Something. We need a winner.

Mitchy moo
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Just find another real deal head coach. Lure Cowher out. Lure Parcells. Steal Belichick. Something. We need a winner.

You'd have better odds playing lotto.

raphael120
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Marty was a Bill at one time, wasn't he? Or am I thinkin crazy. Or had ties to Buffalo...i dunno.

BlueBerryWigger
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Good grief....Writing off the season already? Good things come to those who wait. I was upset as all get-out last night, but it's over now. Dick Jauron is doing his job (albeit, not the best). By getting a new HC, then there's another season or two down the drain. Marty is good, but he has other options. For now, I am a BILLiever, and will stay that way. This is a good team; some pieces need to be placed, but we can rebound.

G. Host
10-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Marty was a Bill at one time, wasn't he? Or am I thinkin crazy. Or had ties to Buffalo...i dunno.

Both.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SchoMa01.htm
1965-1968 Buffalo Bills LB

1965 AFL Championship Game: won 23 - 0 at San Diego Chargers
1-time Pro Bowler: 1965
1966 AFL Championship Game: lost 7 - 31 vs. Kansas City Chiefs

raphael120
10-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Both.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SchoMa01.htm
1965-1968 Buffalo Bills LB

1965 AFL Championship Game: won 23 - 0 at San Diego Chargers
1-time Pro Bowler: 1965
1966 AFL Championship Game: lost 7 - 31 vs. Kansas City Chiefs

thought so.

Captain gameboy
10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Parcells won't come back. Cowher will probably stay retired. The only reason Marty was fired because of his sour relationship with AJ Smith. Face it, he's the best option out there. You'd rather have another jauron or unknown? That's been sampled, and trust me, it doesn't work here. Next step is to get a coach who can actually put up a winning season from time to time. And martyball has.

Marty can't get along with anyone, and he can't win a post season game, unless you give him the best offensive line and the best running backs in the history of the league.

If he couldn't get along with AJ Smith, what gives you the idea he will get along with Marv or any other GM we could throw up?

Marty would come with GM approval/disapproval power or not at all.
He is too old to settle for anything less, and if not, it would be another San Diego situation.

Old news.

If we make the change, we need to get young and aggressive, and that includes the GM position.

We are way too old at the management positions.

This franchise has young, solid players.
What it needs is young solid front office personnel.

That sure as heck isn't Marty.

By the way, I doubt Cowher will stay retired for more than two years.

Kerr
10-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Marty can't get along with anyone, and he can't win a post season game, unless you give him the best offensive line and the best running backs in the history of the league.

If he couldn't get along with AJ Smith, what gives you the idea he will get along with Marv or any other GM we could throw up?

Marty would come with GM approval/disapproval power or not at all.
He is too old to settle for anything less, and if not, it would be another San Diego situation.

Old news.

If we make the change, we need to get young and aggressive, and that includes the GM position.

We are way too old at the management positions.

This franchise has young, solid players.
What it needs is young solid front office personnel.

That sure as heck isn't Marty.

By the way, I doubt Cowher will stay retired for more than two years.

I know Marty's playoff record isn't great, but those who say he hasn't won a playoff game are wrong. He has a 5-12 record in the playoffs. Not great, but he's advanced from the 1st round in his career.

Maryt can't get along with anybody? No, just Aj Smith. Many coaches have power struggles with their Gms. It's nothing new. Marty got along great with John Butler before he passed. He just doens't get along with AJ Smith because he's probably a bigger dick. Remember cowher and tom donahoe? They never got along either. It's funny you should mention coach chin. Did you know he was an apprentice of Martyball?

I would take coach chin. I would take martyball. I don't care. I just want a coach with a proven track record. Yet, you want a young coach with "potential". Buffalo hasn't had much luck lately giving younger coaches a chance.

GarnOFreak
10-09-2007, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=gameboy]Marty can't get along with anyone, and he can't win a post season game, unless you give him the best offensive line and the best running backs in the history of the league.QUOTE]

Yeah and Peyton Manning has a monkey on his back and will never win in the playoffs either...um...oh wait....yeah exactly.

Ingtar33
10-09-2007, 09:52 PM
marty has won everywhere he's been.

with bad talent and good talent.

I'd love to see him here.

Historian
10-10-2007, 04:45 AM
I bet the fish would take him in a heartbeat.

Then we'd never beat Miami again.

YardRat
10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Two losing seasons out of 21 is pretty hard to argue with.

Night Train
10-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Quit dreaming of big name ( $$ ) Coaches until we have a new owner.

Few will work here for 1 Mil and 10 books of S&H green stamps.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-10-2007, 07:21 AM
A little revision...

Quit dreaming of big name ( $$ ) Coaches...
...DEMAND THEM!

MikeInRoch
10-10-2007, 07:30 AM
People are complaining that he hasn't *won* a playoff game??

Let's try *GETTING* to the playoffs. If he can do that, bring him in.

colin
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
i think mary wants very badly to overcome his playoff loser rep.

if he was in here he'd get this team playing very hard. with our stadium and weather i don't think anyone could lose a home playoff game if we were good enough to get there. imagine a home playoff game at night!

Mitchy moo
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
10 books of S&H green stamps.

OMG I haven't thought about those for years, classic.:respect:

Mr. Pink
10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I know Marty's playoff record isn't great, but those who say he hasn't won a playoff game are wrong. He has a 5-12 record in the playoffs. Not great, but he's advanced from the 1st round in his career.

Maryt can't get along with anybody? No, just Aj Smith. Many coaches have power struggles with their Gms. It's nothing new. Marty got along great with John Butler before he passed. He just doens't get along with AJ Smith because he's probably a bigger dick. Remember cowher and tom donahoe? They never got along either. It's funny you should mention coach chin. Did you know he was an apprentice of Martyball?

I would take coach chin. I would take martyball. I don't care. I just want a coach with a proven track record. Yet, you want a young coach with "potential". Buffalo hasn't had much luck lately giving younger coaches a chance.

Martyball got the Browns to 4 straight playoff appearances and 3 division titles as the Browns HC. 2 straight AFC championship games. He was fired due to not getting along with Modell.

Outside of Modell, the thing with AJ Smith was the only time I knew he had issues with someone else.

Also Marty was mostly fired because he was his own OC in cleveland in 88. In 88 the Browns had their worst offensive output of his stint as head coach and he was unwilling to hire anyone to take the job.

But Cowher did come up under him.

Marty is great, if he delegates the coaching authority. Whether or not he can get over the playoff hump? Another story entirely. But getting to the playoffs at this point would be awesome. And if he gets us there 3-4 years in a row and we bomb, we find a new HC who can push us past that level. Simple as that.

Historian
10-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I wanted Marty three coaching changes ago...

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Good grief....Writing off the season already? Good things come to those who wait. I was upset as all get-out last night, but it's over now. Dick Jauron is doing his job (albeit, not the best). By getting a new HC, then there's another season or two down the drain. Marty is good, but he has other options. For now, I am a BILLiever, and will stay that way. This is a good team; some pieces need to be placed, but we can rebound.

already? what the hell are you talking about? The season's 1/3 over- we have 4 losses: 3 conference losses and one division loss, and we're 4 games and a tiebreaker behind the division-leading Pats with 11 to play. Plus, we have 4 defensive starters on IR and a ton of other injuries.

Seriously, what has to happen before we're allowed to "write off" the season? It's already a disaster.

OpIv37
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd love to have Marty here- I just don't know why he'd jump on board this train wreck.

trapezeus
10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
i guess it's hope vs reality. there is hope that things can turn around. and as a fan, you have to rely on hope. but really, for the past 8 years, we've only been fed hope, but we have't been given things to see a different reality.

SoCalBillsFan
10-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm laughing at the "he cant win in the playoffs" sentiment. This team hasn't been to the playoffs in how long? If Marty gets us there, that's a step in the right direction.

I'd take him in a second.

raphael120
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
To those who say Marty is too old...first off, compared to Levy and Wilson, the guys who have more control than a coach would, Marty is a young whipper snapper.

And if you don't like old guys, I know a young coach who did pretty damn well in Pittsburgh.