PDA

View Full Version : The Answer's post MNF thoughts/rant

The Answer
10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
The Answer had a revelation before last nights game - and The Answer was ultimately led astray by the football deities. Regardless here is The Answer's thoughts regarding last night's latest infamous meltdown:

1) We have finally found a starting QB - and if Loseman ever plays a down for this team again than the corpse should be fired on the spot. You can't blame Trent 'The Franchise' Edwards for the terrible play calling and INT either. He did a fine job depsite being held back by a terrible gameplan. Regardless he has reinvigorted this entire franchise and we saw the depleted defense come out on fire last night as a result.

2) This is the best 1 - 4 football team in the league - not saying much, but we easily would be 3-2 if we had a competent coaching staff. But with the nailbiters at home it makes me wonder if we will even win a road game this year.

3) Duke Preston - This loser would have been cut by any other team in the league during training camp. Is it any coincidence that he came in and Edwards was immediately sacked in consecutive snaps?

4) Lee Evans - The biggest dissapointment of the year by far. He has 12 catches for 112 yards and ZERO td's on the season - most AVERAGE WR's in this league get that in one game. Sorry but I think he has taken a step backwards and is officially a bust now - or at best nothing more than a marginally better Peerless Price/#2 receiver.

5) Steve Fairchild - Mike Mularkey version 2.0. The Answer is sick and tired of the same inept garbage year after year. A reverse on 3 and 1? Unable to make a 4 and 1 running the ball behind a $100K 'retooled' oline? Calling a pass play in field goal territory late in the 4th quarter on 3rd down? Disgusting and pitiful. Mike Sheppard, Mike Mularkey, Fairchild - same BS, different coat of paint. 3 points against a top NFL team is not going to get it done!

6) Coaching - No business letting Dallas get within 7 before halftime and no business letting this team score 9 points with 20 seconds left in the game - the corpse and his minions have got to go because The Answer has seen enough! Get me some Martyball now!!!

7) Jabari Greer - we may have found our starting CB well beyond 2007 - this kid looks to have turned the corner and his play against TO was no fluke.

8) Don't blame the defense - sure they gave up the winning points and a lot of yards in the 2nd half, but they also created 6 turnovers and played their best game of the season by far against the #1 offense in the NFL.

The sad part of this whole thing is knowing this team they probably come out of the bye week and win 4 in a row before getting pummeled by the pats again next month. If we can somehow be 5 - 5 going into the stretch run it would be an utter miracle - likely a pipe dream at this point though.

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I guess now The Answer isn't a troll anymore and has been right all along minus his thoughts on Kelly Holcomb cas this post actually makes sense.

Kerr
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I'll randomly select your point on fairchild and greer. Greer has been outstanding. Week to week he's covered two of the game's best receivers and held them to a mediocre performance. I feel greer is developing into a very good corner. Might need some more polishing though.

Fairchild is just a flatout ******ed coach.